"I have lost understanding of and confidence..."

BO has no interest in pursuing victory in Afghanistan or against terrorism.

He's content to let this issue sit on the backburner while our troops are dying.

I guess now that a Republican is out of the oval office Republicans are more than happy to start the comparisons between Iraq or Afghanistan to Vietnam... a comparison that 2 years ago Republicans would have vehemently disagreed with(and I agreed with them).

Of course it was Bush's complete and utter neglect of the Afghanistan War that left Afghanistan in such a shitty state. But hey fuck it, Bush never actually wanted to really fight those actually responsible for 9/11...

Last edited:
Good!

Hopefully he'll see it as the losing proposition that it is and get us the hell out of there ASAP.

I guess now that a Republican is out of the oval office Republicans are more than happy to start the comparisons between Iraq or Afghanistan to Vietnam... a comparison that 2 years ago Republicans would have vehemently disagreed with(and I agreed with them).

Of course it was Bush's complete and utter neglect of the Afghanistan War that left Afghanistan in such a shitty state. But hey fuck it, Bush never actually wanted to really fight those actually responsible for 9/11...

Nice assumption with total neglect of the facts.

Conservatives and many republicans are alarmed at the lack of timely decision making of this president in regard to A-stan...and invariably such reults in a likely retreat.

We do not want to retreat...but if we are going to retreat, then yes, it will resemble what we did in Vietnam....and I do not see anything wrong with pointing out the comparison.

What I find ironic, however, is how the progressives of this nation were all over the "amount dead" over the last 8 years...and now rarely mention them and the press rarely discuss them.

But please...continue with your pointing out hypocrisy where it does not exist and ignore it where it does.

Mr. Wrong, meet Mr. Clean... NOT a REPUBLICan:

Good!

Hopefully he'll see it as the losing proposition that it is and get us the hell out of there ASAP.

:)

peace...

I agree. The war started as it should have, a war against terrorism. It was when they suddenly changed horses and went to Iraq that was questionable. Iraq became too hard to sell especially when the Bush administration couldn't get their stories straight about why.

I like Obama but it's going to get tough if he doesn't get Afghanistan under control now.

I agree. The war started as it should have, a war against terrorism. It was when they suddenly changed horses and went to Iraq that was questionable. Iraq became too hard to sell especially when the Bush administration couldn't get their stories straight about why.

I like Obama but it's going to get tough if he doesn't get Afghanistan under control now.

Like him or not, you can not deny that Bush made military decisions without concern of his popularity.
That is how military decisions MUST be made...as war is NEVER popular.
Seems Obama is waiting for the poll numbers to make his decision.
There is absolutley nothing else he could be waiting for....and it is sinful he is using the A-stan elections as his reason for waiting....as he could make his decisoons NOW BASED on the different results of the elctions...and implement the decision immediately at that time, based on the election results.

HIS way is waiting, then making the decison...and THEN implementing it...and that is wasting a lot of dead time...and soldiers are dying in the meantime.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
Nice assumption with total neglect of the facts.

Conservatives and many republicans are alarmed at the lack of timely decision making of this president in regard to A-stan...and invariably such reults in a likely retreat.

We do not want to retreat...but if we are going to retreat, then yes, it will resemble what we did in Vietnam....and I do not see anything wrong with pointing out the comparison.

What I find ironic, however, is how the progressives of this nation were all over the "amount dead" over the last 8 years...and now rarely mention them and the press rarely discuss them.

But please...continue with your pointing out hypocrisy where it does not exist and ignore it where it does.

So did the Obama Administration single handedly fucked Afghanistan up over the course of the last 10 months with its lack of timely decisions? Before then it was a well handled conflict that we were well on our way to achieving victory? Vietnam like retreat... I dont know what exactly that is supposed to connote. Still I have always opposed comparing any element of Afghanistan or Iraq to Vietnam as all it is is politically charged rhetoric filled with negative connotations.

I just went to CNN.com, MSNBC.com, and news.yahoo.com and a top headline on each was 8 U.S. soldiers dying. The death counts stoped being a big story towards the end of Bush's second term... I think the economy tanking ended the dramatic effect of it. Also most people viewed the wars specifically Iraq as Bush's war so the deaths were the result of his inane war which he led the country into under false pretenses.

"I have lost understanding of and confidence in the strategic purposes of the United States' presence in Afghanistan,"

^Get Used to that Talking Point...

It will Define our Vietnam like Retreat from Afghanistan under this "President".

U.S. official resigns over Afghan war - Washington Post- msnbc.com

peace...

enlist_now_u_s_marine_corps_white_poster-p228811563523254832trma_400.jpg

"Our reluctance for conflict should not be misjudged as a failure of will."
Ronald Reagan

Something is up - because since becoming president the casualty rate in Afghanistan has not simply risen - it has skyrocketed...

Coalition_military_casualties_in_afghanistan_by_month.PNG

agenda or position, he is a community organizor gone President, an empty vessel that is a puppet for the left, Pelosi and Reid. He will be a one termer, beating Jimmy Carter out of 1st place for the worst President in history.

Don't depend on him to stand his ground on anything, he has already demonstrated that he is weak kneed and has little backbone to be the President of the U.S. He has broken promise after promise, he has already given enough ammunition to any opponent in 2012 to be soundly thrashed,and beaten badly in his re-election bid. And it's only his 1st year as President. Hell, the gays won't even vote for him next time because he has broken promises to them too.:lol::lol:

He is all TALK and no walk.

Something is up - because since becoming president the casualty rate in Afghanistan has not simply risen - it has skyrocketed...

Coalition_military_casualties_in_afghanistan_by_month.PNG

They know he is a weak President and weak President's are picked on.

I saw a similar statement to this yesterday so I went to my news page and the top two stories were about deaths in A-stain and Iraq...you got me curious so I looked again...top story today...

• Oct. now deadliest month of Afghan war for U.S.

I agree.

On a peripheral observation. If the guy has lost "understanding of" our role in Afghanistan, is it really surprising that he has no confidence in it? Can you really have confidence in something you don't understand? And if you admit that you don't understand a situation, then what are your opinions about that situation worth?

Libs 2008: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Libs 2009: "Dissent is the most obvious sign of racism"

And the Difference, the Right is NOT saying "This War is a Lie, no Blood for Oil", etc., etc...

It is the Left that has Changed it's Tone because of the President @ 1600.

The Right still wants Victory in this War the Left has Funded for YEARS...

peace...

What Changed?... Are we not Fighting Terrorists in Iraq?...

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

^Why we went into Iraq... Both Parties made it Happen.

And what Stories changed?...

peace...

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

He's content to let this issue sit on the backburner while our troops are dying.

He isn't sitting. He golfing and playing basketball.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

He isn't sitting. He golfing and playing basketball.

Something the Left was VERY Concerned with when it was (43)...

Yet Bammy can Gold 2 to 3 TIMES MORE than (43), and it's A-OK!...

peace...

Forum List

Back