I have Jury Duty tomorrow...

Fill up on caffeine before you get there. Even interesting cases become boring because of all the technicalities and nonsense before the trial even gets started. You end up sitting around a lot! I found the hardest thing was staying awake!:razz:

I'm kind of looking forward to it, and see it as doing part of my Civic Duty.

It's my first time.

Anyone have any good Jury Duty stories?

i always use the same line....”my daddy was a criminal defense attorney and he told me the police don't arrest innocent people....”

although i am dying to use......."i am really looking forward to the sentencing phase..."

Fill up on caffeine before you get there. Even interesting cases become boring because of all the technicalities and nonsense before the trial even gets started. You end up sitting around a lot! I found the hardest thing was staying awake!:razz:
Considering the long list of witnesses, I know it will have it's boring moments.
I am looking forward to catching up on reading a few good books during the parts I *can* read.

Thanks for the advice though...(if only I could post during the lengthy delays...:))

I'm kind of looking forward to it, and see it as doing part of my Civic Duty.

It's my first time.

Anyone have any good Jury Duty stories?

i always use the same line....”my daddy was a criminal defense attorney and he told me the police don't arrest innocent people....”

although i am dying to use......."i am really looking forward to the sentencing phase..."
I was told an easy way to get out of it was just say: "I know he's guilty just by looking at him." lol.

I could have said that, I could have said lots of things...and God knows I can't afford losing business right now by removing myself from the operation for weeks, months maybe - to get 10 - 20 bucks a day. maybe. ..., but damn! Wish I wasn't so civic minded.

Forum List

Back