I have insomnia (worries)

Put the house up for sale as soon as you can..even if you are not serious about selling it.
and
Get a lawyer and start LEGAL eviction proceedings as soon as possible.

She is setting you up if you haven't seen that yet. Oh the joys of rental property.

If you are able to show she is damaging the home, eviction will be no sweat legally. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Middlemen.

Again untrue.

Please don't take legal advice from these buffoons man. Contact your own lawyer. Thanks to Obama and friends, eviction is much tougher than in the past. Short of a pattern of not paying their rent it is VERY hard to get renters evicted.

Unless you put your house up for sale.

If you are able to show she is damaging the home, eviction will be no sweat legally. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Middlemen.

Again untrue.

Please don't take legal advice from these buffoons man. Contact your own lawyer. Thanks to Obama and friends, eviction is much tougher than in the past. Short of a pattern of not paying their rent it is VERY hard to get renters evicted.

Number one, these folk are trying to be helpful, and are not buffoons.

Number two, this thread isn't about Obama and he's not to blame for every ill under the sun.

Number three, if you bothered to read the thread before shooting off your mouth, you'd find out what steps I've taken to remedy this problem.

People who give incorrect legal advice are buffoons.

I didn't BLAME Obama for anything, I merely stated that thanks to him,k renter laws have changed.

Federal law supersedes state law. In EVERY case.

Again untrue.

Unless you put your house up for sale.

WTF? Landlord Tenant law is state, not federal. There has been no sweeping federal legislation affecting evictions...this is a ConHog silly-ism.

Last edited:
An update here. I spoke to the friend who works with abused kids through Mental Health Services. She recommended that I go directly to Child Services with the letter, and to drop her name as the one who did so. So, I went this week and spoke at length with one of their workers, and very professional, and concerned lady. She really took the time to hear the whole story, and there definitely will be an investigation.

I stopped by the lawyer office to pay $500 toward my eventual bill, and used that opportunity to discuss the case with the ladies in the office. My renter had called there and made a bunch of off the wall accusations, and had rambled on at length to the woman, making the impression that she definitely had a screw loose. The fellow who served the renter reported back that the place was deplorable.

I rented a 'Hoarders' episode through Netflix, because I had never watched a full show of it, only seeing snippets of it here and there. I'm convinced that one mental health issue that my renter has is that she is a hoarder.

So, I should get the woman out, definitely by spring, but probably sooner. There is a legal timeline on my responsibility towards storing her stuff, but the property has a large outbuilding that can accommodate that. I haven't worried one bit about this since hiring the lawyer.

Update here. Finally, after an appearance in court, and several extensions to give the tenant more time, I regained possession of the house today. I hired my neighbor to help with the massive cleanup. Yes, the woman would have easily qualified to be on the hoarders show.

I found a medical report on her, and yes, she does have a prescription narcotic problem, with her personal physician very frustrated by her repeated visits claiming she vomited or lost her medicine, trying to get more. Very, very sad. She found a new place in a town 30 miles from her.

I'm off with the first load to the dump.

So glad to hear that your nightmare is finally over and you have your house back.
You are not alone in the hellish nightmare that property owners have benn going thru in the last 20 years or so.
I blame it on government regulations again. Property owns need to get back their rights again not the renters.
Renters have their rights but not to what it has become, all about renter and screw the owners. Owners have their rights too, meaning they have the right to look into the background of the people they want to rent to and being able to evect them when they become abusive to the property or themselves and their children like this woman did.

So glad to hear that your nightmare is finally over and you have your house back.
You are not alone in the hellish nightmare that property owners have benn going thru in the last 20 years or so.
I blame it on government regulations again. Property owns need to get back their rights again not the renters.
Renters have their rights but not to what it has become, all about renter and screw the owners. Owners have their rights too, meaning they have the right to look into the background of the people they want to rent to and being able to evect them when they become abusive to the property or themselves and their children like this woman did.

I totally agree with you. The law swung too far in favor of the tenant. It's worse in some other States. We have bred a generation of people who just aren't accountable. Property owners have a lot of responsibilities but very few rights.

One positive in this situation is that, the house itself wasn't damaged much. Mostly it's just a huge pigsty. I bagged up 15 giant trash bags of clothes alone, much of which were heaped up in the kitchen, making the washer and dryer totally inaccessible. I found unopened mail from 2008. I made three pickup loads to the dump with merely the stuff that was totally obvious trash, let alone the crap that I'm temporarily storing for the woman until my 45 days of responsibility for the crap she left behind in fulfilled. There were 3 old computer monitors, and 7 old keyboards, books, video tapes, and other crap. And this was the stuff they left behind!

I videoed the process on the advise of the lawyer, just in case she makes claims against me. :doubt:

Forum List

Back