I have decided to sell my vote

manu1959 said:
here is the deal lefties...ya got 4 years to convince me....

convince me :whip:

I find it disturbing that unless you are "convinced" otherwise by lefties, you're going to vote Republican, regardless of who the candidate is or what his positions may be (the implication of your statement).

Why not skipping toeing the party line in 4 years and vote based on whose ideas you like better, not the little (r) or (d) after their name?

nakedemperor said:
I find it disturbing that unless you are "convinced" otherwise by lefties, you're going to vote Republican, regardless of who the candidate is or what his positions may be (the implication of your statement).

Why not skipping toeing the party line in 4 years and vote based on whose ideas you like better, not the little (r) or (d) after their name?

would you care to discuss my offer or acuse me of things i have not done and things i have not yet done?

manu1959 said:
would you care to discuss my offer or acuse me of things i have not done and things i have not yet done?

Would you care to ammend your OP to include some clue that my accusation (you're planning on voting GOP in "four years" unless "convinced otherwise" by liberals users of a conservative web board) is baseless?

nakedemperor said:
Would you care to ammend your OP to include some clue that my accusation (you're planning on voting GOP in "four years" unless "convinced otherwise" by liberals users of a conservative web board) is baseless?

OP? anyway, i just said it didn't i? i said what you accuse me of is not true....have you decide to convice me to vote the way you want me to by calling me a liar at the get go?

gone huh? well you didn't start off to well calling me a liar right out of the chute not sure you could have recovered from that

nakedemperor said:

Fair enough. Show me a candidate, with a littlle (d) after his name, who believes in his heart that America is a unique, beautiful, and exceptional place - a shining city on a hill, and not a place we should feel embarrased about before a nuanced, sophisticated world - and maybe we'll talk. Can you?

musicman said:
Fair enough. Show me a candidate, with a littlle (d) after his name, who believes in his heart that America is a unique, beautiful, and exceptional place - a shining city on a hill, and not a place we should feel embarrased about before a nuanced, sophisticated world - and maybe we'll talk. Can you?

well said....

i made the offer to see if anyone could make a rational, non-emotional appeal as to why i should see things the way they see things.....

manu1959 said:
well said....

i made the offer to see if anyone could make a rational, non-emotional appeal as to why i should see things the way they see things.....

Thank you. I feel the same way. I kind of resent it when people assume that - because I'm a conservative - I'm some kind of mindless automaton, bleating whatever I'm told by the evil right-wing conspiracy. I'll discuss my views with anyone, anytime.

Just a little revision of Musicman's quote:...some kind of mindless automaton, bleating whatever they're told by the evil left-wing conspiracy...

Good description of a liberal. If you get them off their "talking points" provided by the The New York Times, CBS, CNN, etc., they don't know how to respond or debunk your arguments, so that's when the insults begin: you're ignorant, don't know what you're talking about, have been taken in by a pack of lies, "everybody" knows what they are saying is true, etc.

hmmmmmmmmmm..... i guess they figure hillary can win without me?...well in califonia she can...i am so disenfranchised

Manu, I don't understand the California political scene at all. They have elected some really good Republicans to national office, and they have elected Republicans to the governorship and as mayors in some of the larger cities. Yet California as a state is overwhelmingly Democratic. Must be the Hollywood influence, or maybe its the people's lifestyle choices, or maybe the voters just vote for the "man", whoever they feel is the best candidate, be he a Democrat or a Republican. What makes the state so firmly in the Democrat column?

dilloduck said:
hell---just go the the grave yard and sell dead peoples votes--you can get rich !

You know what's funny is that when I was a teen living with my parents, our house was next to the city cemetery. When some moron redrew the districting lines, it included our house and the cemetery. And nothing more. Out of 50,000 people were the only living ones in our precinct!

Andy

Adam's Apple said:
Manu, I don't understand the California political scene at all. They have elected some really good Republicans to national office, and they have elected Republicans to the governorship and as mayors in some of the larger cities. Yet California as a state is overwhelmingly Democratic. Must be the Hollywood influence, or maybe its the people's lifestyle choices, or maybe the voters just vote for the "man", whoever they feel is the best candidate, be he a Democrat or a Republican. What makes the state so firmly in the Democrat column?

As a native Californian I'll tell you. California is NOT "overwhelmingly Democrat". It is the most populous state and has a very diverse culture.

Californians have traditionally votes for the "Person they feel is the best candidate", crossing party lines. California is also a state that is very politically active, and targeted (for better or worse) by many PACs as an initial state to swing. Consequently, I'd venture that Californians are very politically aware, and therefor more likely to vote conscience rather than along party lines.

Andy

Adam's Apple said:

Two words - illegal immigration.

CivilLiberty said:
You know what's funny is that when I was a teen living with my parents, our house was next to the city cemetery. When some moron redrew the districting lines, it included our house and the cemetery. And nothing more. Out of 50,000 people were the only living ones in our precinct!

Andy

I bet getting elected Precinct Committee Officer was pretty easy! :D

Forum List

Back