I have cancer, maybe I should move to Massachusetts For Romney Mandated Health Care

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Eaglewings, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Eaglewings

Eaglewings Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer last Christmas, and truly understand the concept of High Medical Costs and Treatments, High Deductibles and Premiums, and of coarse the fear of loosing our health insurance....period. 2 Major surgeries, Chemo, Doctors, Blood Tests..on and on

We have a small business and have worked our buttes off for our whole life's, and are now going into our retirement money. What I should be penalized because I got dealt with the cancer card..It could happen to any of us any time folks.The Chemo rooms are packed full people

I just don't understand that if I were a Romney citizen of Massachusetts, I would not have to break a sweat of fear while going through these horrible treatments. Or fear that my husband is going to have a heart attack
    What the fuck is the difference that this Flip Flop man wants to take away or that the Right doesn't want unless if they have been personally affected by a horrible disease.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it seem that the right wants to get in a woman's face or let say vagina for her reproductive rights of not wanting to get pregnant, but they want to run from me when my body is sick....It just doesn't make sense

There are so many like me who own a home and a business who just don't qualify for free hand outs, not that I would want them anyway, because I am a proud hard working woman

There I got that off my chest among other things

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Eaglewings, you are on my prayer list for healing. <hugs>

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    There are dozens of chairitable foundations that give excellent care to those without funds. Look into them.

4. Eaglewings

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    Thing is Katz this is what Obama is fighting for pre-existing conditions so we can not be denied healthcare. I don't qualify because I own a home and a business, so my insurance is kicking my ass

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The prohibition against not insuring people with pre existing conditions is to discourage people from going without insurance their entire lives then when they are diagnosed with catastrophic illness getting insurance for the first time.

Insurance is predicated on spreading the risk. Insuring people who are already very sick does not pose any risk. It's a given. What would make more sense than mandating insurance companies provide coverage for people who never had insurance and got very sick would be to have a separate fund applicable only to catastrophic illness.

Presently you are not denied healthcare, you just have to find a charitable foundation to provide it. My son's sister in law didn't have insurance and was diagnosed with cancer. She went to the City of Hope. She got surgery, chemo and radiation. Her family was given an apartment when they came to visit so they could spend a few days with her while she was in the hospital. She never got so much as a bill.

My husband passed away two years ago. He was on the liver transplant list through the Cedars Sinai Transplant Center supported by the Max Factor Foundation and the Cedars Sinai Medical Care Foundation. We paid for no treatment, nor would we have paid for the transplant or follow up treatment. He was hospitalized several times for care and treatment. We never got a bill either. And, he had property himself and we had a business.

6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    People that whine about being sick to score political points are despicable liars.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    First thing you need to do is get of the idea that Western Medicine will cure you. It will not. The Medical Industrial Complex is there to drain as much money as it possibly can from every source. Why do you think the US Gov't want's in on the action?

Your frustration stems from your instinct that says "there HAS to be a simple explanation for all this" and there is. It's your diet.

Diet is the source of 80-90 percent of all illnesses. I don't know what your diet is like, but I suspect you eat a lot of soy? Soy increases a woman's chance of Breast Cancer and feminization in men.

The Gerson Method has been around since WWII and has cured thousands in a wide variety of illnesses:
    Gerson Institute

The Gerson method does not use any of the following expensive and toxic methods of Western Medicine:

1. Cut (Surgery)
    2. Burn (Radiation)
    3. Poison (Drugs)

[youtube]sbIixJI_oa4[/youtube]

So you can do this or you can get expensive Western Medicine that will eventually kill you. It's your life, the choice is yours.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That's what killed Steve Jobs. He was advised to have surgery when his cancer was still operable but rejected western medicine and died.

Steve Jobs Refused Cancer Surgery to Pursue Vegan Diet - Softpedia

Quoting Jobs, Isaacson wrote: "`I really didn't want them to open up my body, so I tried to see if a few other things would work,' he told me years later with a hint of regret."

9. Eaglewings

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    I am sorry for the loss of your husband, it must have been a hard journey for the both of you.

Personally I have paid out of pocket for my own insurance for almost 30 years.
    You get sick and they start slamming in the medical bills, they start changing your policy year to year.
    We met our high deductible fast, so they are covering us until Oct. where we will now pay the high monthly payments, deductible, and 20% of anything we do.

This story got to me this morning... a little emotional today This is exactly what is happening to us
    Aware of 'no options,' woman dies fighting for medical coverage - CNN.com

10. Eaglewings

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,721
    I have had plenty of time to talk with others with cancer while getting chemo. The rooms are packed with people of all races, and diets. Cancer doesn't give a crap who you are.
    But thanks for the link, will look at it.