I have been reading Henry Hazlitt, and I can see why both Ron Paul and

Lew Rockwell love this guy. In his book, Economics in One Lesson, Hazlitt succinctly and clearly points out the logical fallacies which is embedded in the science of economics.

The amazing part is that he wrote this book in 1946 and many (if not all) of his criticisms are still ringing true today. It is truly amazing.

Science?

Ron Paul doesn't believe in science. Don't put Ron Paul and Science in the same paragraph.

He is a religiousness nut, but when you strip away this fact and actually look at his arguments regarding federal government, monetary policy, and foreign policy he makes sense.

I don't think you have leg to stand on regarding those topics, but please try to elucidate me.

Lew Rockwell love this guy. In his book, Economics in One Lesson, Hazlitt succinctly and clearly points out the logical fallacies which is embedded in the science of economics.

The amazing part is that he wrote this book in 1946 and many (if not all) of his criticisms are still ringing true today. It is truly amazing.

Science?

Ron Paul doesn't believe in science. Don't put Ron Paul and Science in the same paragraph.

He is a religiousness nut, but when you strip away this fact and actually look at his arguments regarding federal government, monetary policy, and foreign policy he makes sense.

I don't think you have leg to stand on regarding those topics, but please try to elucidate me.

No it doesn't make sense. Ron Paul feels that business should have been left out of the Civil Rights act. He is an isolationist. The US is a world leader. While I believe our bases in Europe should be shut down, simply because we can agree on a few things doesn't mean we have enough in common that I could possibly support him. His views are both extreme and dangerous.

Right wingers want a "fantasy" world where they can "imagine" how things work if only this or that would happen. The world is a complex place. It needs thoughtful people who actually "study" what is going on. Ron Paul lives through ideology. The most dangerous type of individual.

Instead I am going to teach my students why government interventionism is good, instead of teaching them why Q2 is bad.

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no need to elaborate on reality. I should just teach my students the fundamentalism of false economics.

Unless you are teaching at the college level at a school that is cool with your less than firm grasp on so many issues, you should have a back up plan. You will not last in a secondary teaching position if you think you can spout there like you do here.

Instead I am going to teach my students why government interventionism is good, instead of teaching them why Q2 is bad.

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no need to elaborate on reality. I should just teach my students the fundamentalism of false economics.

Unless you are teaching at the college level at a school that is cool with your less than firm grasp on so many issues, you should have a back up plan. You will not last in a secondary teaching position if you think you can spout there like you do here.

Bye.

First book I ever read on economics. Read it in high school. It's what got me interested in economics. Still have it. Then I majored in economics and realized the subject is much more complex than it is in that book. Still a good book to read though.

Of course it is more complicated. Hazlitt wrote that book 65 years ago for an audience of common people. I like his ideas, but anyone that thinks that that book is the be all, end all of economics doesn't realize how little they know. Personally, I know just enough to question the idea that anyone understands it.

Science?

Ron Paul does not believe in science? The man has a medical degree and specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, how can he not believe in science?

Forum List

Back