I Have Been Banned From The Gear Page... LOL

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
I am trying to remember what butthurt punk I insulted by telling the truth that caused this catastrophe. :p

Gear page?

32944-1532336922.jpg

How much do you know about the Gear Wars?

It's a music forum for guitar players he trolls. Actually not a bad forum for info and tech stuff related to music. Some of the posters helped me make a good choice in a high end multiple file format CD and digital player and an amp for it; saved around $2,500 from what I was originally going to buy, and got a much better quality player to boot. I even make some pocket change renting it out to some people producing their own stuff to record on once in a while.

Last edited:
Picaro, check out my posts there. No trolling, just honest opinion supported by facts.

The only individuals I alluded to were:

"Tone King"
"Know Your Gear"
and a cross eyed freak who has a deal with Suhr guitars.

I stated the facts that the Tone King was approached by Tone King amps to stop using their name, the Know Your Gear guy does not know his gear and the cross eyed freak is boring.

Bottom line is what "triggers" me is when a poster is being deceptive by promoting shit while pretending to be honest. Me being banned for being honest kind of shows where The Gear Page stands in regards to being non-commercial.

Off topic I actually got an email to my private email from PTD for saying his fuzz pedal picked up more stations than my AM radio. That took some detective work on his part and was kind of creepy. Thanks Gear Page!

Last edited:
Yep; I was just trolling you. I don't see any trolling there on your part. I go there occasionally, not often, maybe every 3-4 months. I haven't posted since my original question, which got asked and answered by PM some years ago, actually. The equipment I was advised to get is stlll working fine, and has been used a lot, so I'm happy with the site generally. A lot of the stuff bores me, though, as I don't use a lot of what they talk about.

I assumed it was sponsored by some retail store or equipment supplier or other, and some posters were bound to be sales reps for some company or other as well, but never tried to look into it. I actually don't mind sales reps from good companies hanging around sites, as some of them are pretty knowledgeable and used the company's stuff before going to work for them. Others of course are just asshole morons, but they're fairly easy to spot.

Last edited:
The Gear Page is famous for banning people for discussing politics or religion - both subjects are disallowed there. Unfortunately the owner (Scott Peterson) is too cheap to pay for decent moderation, so he relies on a bunch of "volunteers" who openly admit they don't even look at a post unless someone reports it.

So, the TOS says the fastest way to get banned there is by being rude to another individual but that is not true at all. Rudeness happens constantly (it is 99% guys who post there) so the only real way to get banned there is to become the victim of haters who gang up on you - and then when you report the verbal gang-rape you receive they ban you for "over-using the report post" feature.

In other words - moderation is a joke there, and the quickest way to get banned is to expect the moderators to do their jobs. So, people who are rude to others are ignored, and victims who report them are ignored, unless the victims get abused so much they use the report a post feature, and then they get banned because they woke up the moderators.

I just find it ridiculous that Peterson and the mods all plead "poverty and volunteerism" for the bad moderation, but in other places Peterson estimates the revenue-valation of the the web site (and I believe this is a justifiable valuation) at $2-million.

PS: Snouter, I just looked up some of your posts, I didn't see anything snarky. Why were you banned?

Last edited:
Thank you Paul. In all honesty, all I ever did was state my opinion on things. They said I insulted someone.

Forum List

Back