I have an idea

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME). -same as ever...Fox/Rush/Pubbots mainly. A disgrace. Well represented by the silly dingbats on here. Keep it up, you're the greatest- should cripple the GOP for years....

Does anyone expect a "reasonable bipartisan plan" to be anything more than band aid fix to get past the next news cycle? Our unfunded obligations are $100 TRILLION and we add to that every day. Good grief!

The elected officials are suppose to cater to their constituencies; they are elected to represent them! They need to have some town halls for the purpose of finding equal ground; compromise. Of course there are some things that are sacred that will remain intractable ie. abortion, Obama phones etc. However it is really up to the American people to foster the compromise.
However, when you have someone like Obama who moves the goal line with no dissention from his supporters ( cult ) every time the right capitualates - who has proven that the will of the people is subject to his will ( obamascare ) you have an impass. :mad:

Why don't the moderates in Congress get their heads together and arrive at solutions to the problems we're facing instead of letting the party leadership, the extremists, the Tea Parties, the media, and the president dictate the agenda? Solutions that enough poeple from both sides of the aisle can agree to support, one issue at a time. I'm tired of hearing some a-hole in front of the cameras telling us what they can't support, when do we get to the discussion about what can be done, and then fucking do it.

Because Congress is a strictly hierarchical culture, it’s one of the least democratic places on Earth.

Any member of Congress who ‘goes rogue’ can kiss his career goodbye.

Perhaps I am a hopeless optimist, but it may be that Boehner and the repub leadership would not be adverse to a moderate uprising within their ranks. I wouldn't deny that the party drivers may not be too thrilled with anybody who cooperates with the dems; but maybe there's a small chance they could take back their party.

Not sure about the democrat side, if they would be as forgiving of those who work with the repubs. I don't know that Obama/Pelosi/Reid wants anybody getting out of line. One wonders if their jobs would be on the line even more than the repubs. Pretty sad situation when pols have to risk their careers for trying to do the right thing rather than the wrong thing.

So-called "moderates" (i.e., closet liberals) have been the problem in this country for the past 60 years by obfuscating the clear choices American voters should have made if we were ever able to avoid our decline into mediocrity. 3+3=6 and 3x3=9. 7.5 is not an answer.
yes, it is the people trying to arrive at a consense desicion that are truly hurting this country. Just look at Grover Norquist, hes really accomplishing a lot and everyone knows he is the most important member of congress. If you think moderates arent the answer that leaves us two options. 1. The Hardline conservatives get their way 2. the hardline liberals get their way. Do you really want to around for the latter? You'll be praying that those who knew comprimise was the only answer still were around.

Why don't the moderates in Congress get their heads together and arrive at solutions to the problems we're facing instead of letting the party leadership, the extremists, the Tea Parties, the media, and the president dictate the agenda? Solutions that enough poeple from both sides of the aisle can agree to support, one issue at a time. I'm tired of hearing some a-hole in front of the cameras telling us what they can't support, when do we get to the discussion about what can be done, and then fucking do it.

the party leadership isn't the problem... the extremist teatards are... and boehner is afraid of them and can't control them b/c they have everyone afraid of primary and he has eric canter salivating for his job and ready with the knife to the back..

the good news is there are 25 republicans who don't care about the extremists anymore... and if congress comes back this week.. you should see a deal.

The teatards as you call them make up less than 14% of the house, explain how they can stop any reasonable bipartisan plan. Come on you make the claim how they have so much influence, now prove it.

Because 14 percent is a lot.. we go from having a 50/50 line we need to reach to a 36/14/50. How is this so hard to understand?

the party leadership isn't the problem... the extremist teatards are... and boehner is afraid of them and can't control them b/c they have everyone afraid of primary and he has eric canter salivating for his job and ready with the knife to the back..

the good news is there are 25 republicans who don't care about the extremists anymore... and if congress comes back this week.. you should see a deal.

The teatards as you call them make up less than 14% of the house, explain how they can stop any reasonable bipartisan plan. Come on you make the claim how they have so much influence, now prove it.

Because 14 percent is a lot.. we go from having a 50/50 line we need to reach to a 36/14/50. How is this so hard to understand?

Wait a minute, aren't you forgetting the commiecratgs pledge to compromise and work in a bipartisan way? If that happens 61 members of 435 can't present much of a road block, if they were bull shitting, then it really doesn't matter does it, because no matter what the house does the senate will refuse to take it up, like they've done the last 2 years. So really who's the obstructionist?

:rolleyes: Is hate all you have Jillian? Can't see that both sides got us into this mess?
It's going to take both sides to get us out....not just Obama's side. Oh, and that does mean REAL SPENDING CUTS.
All she can do is blame the tea party.

Wait a minute, aren't you forgetting the commiecratgs pledge to compromise and work in a bipartisan way? If that happens 61 members of 435 can't present much of a road block, if they were bull shitting, then it really doesn't matter does it, because no matter what the house does the senate will refuse to take it up, like they've done the last 2 years. So really who's the obstructionist?

I was talking percentage. I am not letting the Senate off the hook for one second, but Im just saying that congress isnt doing anything either. Boehner was our last chance to remain credible to the general public. The Senate is terrible, but Congress... I dont even have a word in the English languege that could describe those people.

Forum List

Back