I have an idea

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Why don't the moderates in Congress get their heads together and arrive at solutions to the problems we're facing instead of letting the party leadership, the extremists, the Tea Parties, the media, and the president dictate the agenda? Solutions that enough poeple from both sides of the aisle can agree to support, one issue at a time. I'm tired of hearing some a-hole in front of the cameras telling us what they can't support, when do we get to the discussion about what can be done, and then fucking do it.

Because there aren't enough liberal leaning republicans in Congress. Congressional representatives do not represent anyone beyond their own districts. They are actually beholden to only their own districts for voters. When the people of a district decide that they don't want a leftist RINO republican, that candidate doesn't win the election. There's no such thing as WE deciding and discussing what can be done. It's not a national consensus. Democrats don't get a say.

So-called "moderates" (i.e., closet liberals) have been the problem in this country for the past 60 years by obfuscating the clear choices American voters should have made if we were ever able to avoid our decline into mediocrity. 3+3=6 and 3x3=9. 7.5 is not an answer.

Why don't the moderates in Congress get their heads together and arrive at solutions to the problems we're facing instead of letting the party leadership, the extremists, the Tea Parties, the media, and the president dictate the agenda? Solutions that enough poeple from both sides of the aisle can agree to support, one issue at a time. I'm tired of hearing some a-hole in front of the cameras telling us what they can't support, when do we get to the discussion about what can be done, and then fucking do it.

the party leadership isn't the problem... the extremist teatards are... and boehner is afraid of them and can't control them b/c they have everyone afraid of primary and he has eric canter salivating for his job and ready with the knife to the back..

the good news is there are 25 republicans who don't care about the extremists anymore... and if congress comes back this week.. you should see a deal.

Helluva question. Here's my best guess:

Before these people are conservatives or liberals or moderates, they're politicians who want to keep their cushy gubmit jobs, they want to keep their big campaign contributors happy. And they can't do that if they don't keep their party leaders happy.

So, if they have the nerve to go against what their party leaders want, they'll pay for their bravery by losing or not getting important committee seats, by being frozen out of many legislative processes, and losing support in their campaigns, not to mention being "primaried". So the bottom line is, if you do something for the good of the country instead of the good of your party, you're pretty much fucked.

Just another reason I keep screaming for a Balanced Budget Amendment, strict & short term limits, and publicly-funded elections. These people do not have your best interests at heart.

Last edited:
So-called "moderates" (i.e., closet liberals) have been the problem in this country for the past 60 years by obfuscating the clear choices American voters should have made if we were ever able to avoid our decline into mediocrity. 3+3=6 and 3x3=9. 7.5 is not an answer.

"Should have made?" LOL Boy, that's rich! In other words, had the voters been able to "avoid our decline into mediocrity," they'd have voted just like you did...right?

Good God. There's enough hubris in that post to float a battleship!

Yes....life exists in absolutes

Because it's not a matter of left, right and 'somewhere in between'. That in-between is claimed by groups that are diametrically opposed (essentially authoritarians vs libertarians). The middle in Washington is currently dominated by authoritarians and corporatists.

So, while I have no desire to see the extreme left or the extreme right take control, the 'middle' is currently the worst of both worlds. It's dominated by leaders who want the power and influence of a corporatist government. We have a choice between a party that looks out for (some) of our personal rights, one that looks out for (some) of our economic rights, or the "moderates" who don't give a rat's ass about either.

"Should have made?" LOL Boy, that's rich! In other words, had the voters been able to "avoid our decline into mediocrity," they'd have voted just like you did...right?

Good God. There's enough hubris in that post to float a battleship!

I think "Right Wing Thread Killer" is a better example of hubris. But then you probably ascribe our impossible fiscal situation to "Wall Street Greed" or some other bumper sticker slogan rather than our Santa Claus policies of the past 60 years.

the party leadership isn't the problem... the extremist teatards are... and boehner is afraid of them and can't control them b/c they have everyone afraid of primary and he has eric canter salivating for his job and ready with the knife to the back..

the good news is there are 25 republicans who don't care about the extremists anymore... and if congress comes back this week.. you should see a deal.
:rolleyes: Is hate all you have Jillian? Can't see that both sides got us into this mess?
It's going to take both sides to get us out....not just Obama's side. Oh, and that does mean REAL SPENDING CUTS.

Except the Tea Party isn't the extreme. The Tea Party wants fiscal sanity and a balanced budget anyone who calls that extreme is an extremist. Next?

Please be as verbose as possible and explain to the good folks of America what is retarded and extreme about fiscal responsibiility and a balanced budget.

The extremists on BOTH sides of the isle are causing the prolems, and the moderates are held hostage by the extremists. We need to get rid of every single Congress member and replace them with non-politicians....in other words, "regular" middle-class people who have to work for a living and understand what it takes to have to pay bills and live on a normal salary.

Helluva question. Here's my best guess:

Before these people are conservatives or liberals or moderates, they're politicians who want to keep their cushy gubmit jobs, they want to keep their big campaign contributors happy. And they can't do that if they don't keep their party leaders happy.

So, if they have the nerve to go against what their party leaders want, they'll pay for their bravery by losing or not getting important committee seats, by being frozen out of many legislative processes, and losing support in their campaigns, not to mention being "primaried". So the bottom line is, if you do something for the good of the country instead of the good of your party, you're pretty much fucked.

Just another reason I keep screaming for a Balanced Budget Amendment, strict & short term limits, and publicly-funded elections. These people do not have your best interests at heart.

This......very true. :clap2: Regardless of all the rhetoric one hears from the dems/repubs/mods, they are ALL corrupt.

The teatards as you call them make up less than 14% of the house, explain how they can stop any reasonable bipartisan plan. Come on you make the claim how they have so much influence, now prove it.

Forum List

Back