I have a question.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
I can receive Sky News live on my iPad here in the US, no problem. But when it comes to the British mainstream channels, I am blocked.

Technically, there should be no reason why I can't see these programmes, so I'm wondering why they are not available. Even Filmon won't let them in.

I'm guessing it probably has to do with your provider blocking them because they won't pay a fee?

Beats me, but all these money grubbers have fees on their services used by other providers. Also, as I said It was just a guess.

I can receive Sky News live on my iPad here in the US, no problem. But when it comes to the British mainstream channels, I am blocked.

Technically, there should be no reason why I can't see these programmes, so I'm wondering why they are not available. Even Filmon won't let them in.
The UK is pretty good about blocking UK sites. Sky News is available with a US feed.

Yo, Follow The Money:
1200x-1.jpg

"GTP"

• Banned
Beats me, but all these money grubbers have fees on their services used by other providers. Also, as I said It was just a guess.

You're probably right. As it's only the BBC who gets revenues from the licence fee, all the other channels rely on advertising, like the US.

There must be a way of bypassing the IP?

• Banned

The UK is pretty good about blocking UK sites. Sky News is available with a US feed.

Yes, I'm getting Sky News in the US.

The other channels I have no problem with, in Cyprus, Morocco, Spain, Germany, through Filmon.

Yo, go online, and find a streaming channel, you can get anything you want!

"GTP"

Try a Virtual Private Network(VPN) and set it to the country of your choice. I do that when I travel. Different countries have different agreements and that can be bypassed most of the time.

Try a Virtual Private Network(VPN) and set it to the country of your choice. I do that when I travel. Different countries have different agreements and that can be bypassed most of the time.

Thanks, I had heard about that device.

Thanks, I had heard about that device.
Easy VPN is the one I use, it's not a device it's software.

SurfEasy VPN: Private. Secure. Wi-Fi hotspot security and real privacy protection. Free VPN. on the App Store

Forum List

Back