I have a question on the Subsidy with Obama care?

Ok say a person was making 20 grand a year and pick the Bronze plan. It cost say $500 bucks a month. But with a subsidy from Obama it only cost that person say $80 bucks a month.

So my Question is does that person have to pay $500 bucks a month for an entire year and gets all that money back the next April 15th? ??????

Or are they going to audit him every month.. Say In May he had a job making 25 grand a year then in August he switched jobs and now is making 40 grand a year??? And then in February he switches jobs again and now only makes 12 grand a year?

I don't get it...

They pay 80 per month. The gov't pays the rest. The subsidy is based on the previous year's reported AGI.
Actually, you can make up any shit that you want (literally). BUT the only way to take advantage of the free money is to sign up through the Exchange at www.www.www/httpussy.healthcare.gov. This way, they got you by the balls. Because your account will be linked to the IRS for verification purposes. At the end of the year, after you file your tax return (assuming it doesn't consist of yet more made up bullshit), you will get brotch-spapped. :slap:

I don't know if anyone might have said this already, but I couldn't read through all the stupid crap people posted between the OP and now.

I work for an insurer on a national resolutions team, and we handle HICS cases, grievances, and other DOI complaints about ACA plans.

It's simple...

The Silver plan is the one that has subsides, however, there are different levels of premium cost share and that is based on income, age, and geography, and that applies to all metal tiers (IE bronze, silver, gold, and platinum)

When your income changes, or you add dependents, or you move, you are supposed to call the exchange, let them know, and they will re-rate, and adjust, your tax credit and/or cost share. If you don't, your next tax reporting will be very complicated. If the exchange somehow finds out your geography or income has changed, they will re-rate you, and if you pay more as a result...this can create billing errors. If you have premiums auto paid by your bank, and don't read your mail, then the accumulated premium deficit could put you an entire month behind, and the insurer might cancel you for non payment. Getting reinstated is a huge pain in the ass if they let you, and it will result in lack of eligibility, as well as lapse in coverage depending on the time of year this accumulation reaches 1 months premium.

The problems righties say exist with Obamacare plans, are the same problems medicare patients have had since forever. The premiums with Obamacare plans are really no more excessive than off exchange plans. Why wouldn't anyone just get an off exchange plan?...because they have no subsidies, or cost share assistance.

Simple....right?

Looks like Obama's gonna have those subsidies returned outta your tax refunds

Ok say a person was making 20 grand a year and pick the Bronze plan. It cost say $500 bucks a month. But with a subsidy from Obama it only cost that person say $80 bucks a month.

So my Question is does that person have to pay $500 bucks a month for an entire year and gets all that money back the next April 15th? ??????

Or are they going to audit him every month.. Say In May he had a job making 25 grand a year then in August he switched jobs and now is making 40 grand a year??? And then in February he switches jobs again and now only makes 12 grand a year?

I don't get it...
oh dear God Bear513.....

DO NOT sign up for a Bronze Plan if you only make $20k, you NEED a Silver Plan....ONLY the Silver Plans would give you Cost Sharing Reductions....CSR will reduce ALL of your related expenses....it reduces your co pays, it reduces your deductibles, it reduces your out of pocket expenses and emergency room fees and on and on and on and on.....

YOU JUST LOST OUT on the help you really need making only 20k by choosing a Bronze plan!!!!

sigh....it's so frustrating hearing and seeing all of these lower income people who really DO NEED HELP with their Health Care costs, NOT getting the help that IS AVAILABLE specifically for them....

Those Navigators at the call center should be FIRED if they did not lead you in to a Silver Plan which gives you the Cost Sharing Reductions in addition to premium help....that you NEED with making only the 20k!!!!

(My heart and stomach can not take much more of this....):eusa_pray:

"YOU JUST LOST OUT on the help you really need making only 20k by choosing a Bronze plan!!!!"

In other words, he lost out on more of a subsidy funded by someone else.

If a low income person needs help, feel free to take it upon yourself to do so with your money instead of suggesting that they get someone else's money. What the hell is so hard to understand about if YOU see the need, YOU meet that need instead of finding ways for someone else to do it?

The tax credit to help you buy health insurance is “advance-able”, meaning that you do not have to wait until the end of the year. The government will pay the health insurer directly for your health insurance; you will pay the difference between what the government pays the total cost.

Your subsidy is based upon your income, which you will report as part of your application to a plan. When you file your taxes for 2014, you will have your actual income which may be higher or lower than what you reported earlier. So, if you qualify for less subsidy than you got (which would happen if your income went up), you will pay the government back; and vice versa, if you qualify for more subsidy, your tax refund will be greater.

You can get an estimate of your subsidy at the Kaiser Family Foundation website. Keep in mind that these calculators are estimating what your plan will cost. They may be higher or lower than what you see on the calculator.

There are also subsidies for paying your plan’s deductible and co-pays. These are also based upon your income, though it’s not clear how these would be adjusted “after the fact” if your income goes up or down.

Obamacare subsidies ? how they work | Health Unsurance

Anything the government pays in a subsidy for one person is being done with someone eles's money.

I don't know if anyone might have said this already, but I couldn't read through all the stupid crap people posted between the OP and now.

I work for an insurer on a national resolutions team, and we handle HICS cases, grievances, and other DOI complaints about ACA plans.

It's simple...

The Silver plan is the one that has subsides, however, there are different levels of premium cost share and that is based on income, age, and geography, and that applies to all metal tiers (IE bronze, silver, gold, and platinum)

When your income changes, or you add dependents, or you move, you are supposed to call the exchange, let them know, and they will re-rate, and adjust, your tax credit and/or cost share. If you don't, your next tax reporting will be very complicated. If the exchange somehow finds out your geography or income has changed, they will re-rate you, and if you pay more as a result...this can create billing errors. If you have premiums auto paid by your bank, and don't read your mail, then the accumulated premium deficit could put you an entire month behind, and the insurer might cancel you for non payment. Getting reinstated is a huge pain in the ass if they let you, and it will result in lack of eligibility, as well as lapse in coverage depending on the time of year this accumulation reaches 1 months premium.

The problems righties say exist with Obamacare plans, are the same problems medicare patients have had since forever. The premiums with Obamacare plans are really no more excessive than off exchange plans. Why wouldn't anyone just get an off exchange plan?...because they have no subsidies, or cost share assistance.

Simple....right?

None of this changes the costs of medical care, but just adds ways to pay for it using unproven means.

My question is if you are going to go through this much trouble to regulate costs and coverage,
why not regulate CRIMINALS. Corporate crooks and drug/human traffickers who DID commit
crimes and DESERVE to lose liberties and be required to labor to pay back costs they DID incur to society.

Why regulate law abiding citizens except those are easier targets.

We will obey the laws and can be tracked by the IRS so go after us?

What about crooks who are costing us 50K per year to incarcerate.
Wouldn't that pay for somebody's health care?

Oops, I'm sorry. That's on a STATE level.
That would give power to STATES to reform health care and cut costs.
That wouldn't give Democrats a platform to push through Congress to create a federal nationalized agenda.

Sorry I forgot what the point was.
My bad!

It's simple...

Simple....right?

None of this changes the costs of medical care, but just adds ways to pay for it using unproven means.

My question is if you are going to go through this much trouble to regulate costs and coverage,
why not regulate CRIMINALS. Corporate crooks and drug/human traffickers who DID commit
crimes and DESERVE to lose liberties and be required to labor to pay back costs they DID incur to society.

Why regulate law abiding citizens except those are easier targets.

We will obey the laws and can be tracked by the IRS so go after us?

What about crooks who are costing us 50K per year to incarcerate.
Wouldn't that pay for somebody's health care?

Oops, I'm sorry. That's on a STATE level.
That would give power to STATES to reform health care and cut costs.
That wouldn't give Democrats a platform to push through Congress to create a federal nationalized agenda.

Sorry I forgot what the point was.
My bad!
You are correct about 1 thing, and I'm sure it's just an accident, or you heard it from someone else, and are parroting it.

The ACA was never designed to change the cost of medical care, despite it's name. It should have been called The Medical Insurance Reform Act, but that wouldn't sell like The Affordable Care Act.

I don't know what makes you think "I", or the insurance company I work for, is going to trouble to regulate costs and coverage. Costs are not regulated...premium increases have been regulated by the Departments of Insurance at the state level since the 70's, and they continue to adhere to those regulations unless the federal regulations from CMS, vis a vis the ACA, are more limiting.

I lose you at "corporate crooks", "criminals", and "drug/human traffickers" because you start sounding like a crack pot.

States reforming healthcare and cutting costs is ridiculous because it will never happen, because we have an impending lack of access to care crisis coming. It is only a matter of time before "for profit" and "not for profit" medical insurance will be obsolete because they can't turn a profit. Medical care will be cost prohibitive for patients. Healthcare providers won't be making a profit. So the government will have to implement a system like they have in the UK and Canada, just to keep dead people from piling up on the lawns in front of hospitals.

I don't want that, but it's inevitable.

Sorry, 20 years tops, and the ACA, or the repeal thereof, won't stop it.

Forum List

Back