I have a question for the President.

Why don't you Castro/Che admirers ask these people what they think of Cuba?

Trying to forget: Torture haunts freed Cuban journalist
This entry is part of an ongoing series of first-person stories by Cuban journalists who were imprisoned in a massive roundup of dissidents that has become known as the Black Spring of 2003. All of the reporters and editors were convicted in one-day trials, accused of acting against the "integrity and sovereignty of the state" or of collaborating with foreign media for the purpose of "destabilizing the country." Seventeen of them were recently released and exiled to Spain as part of a deal between the Catholic Church and the Cuban government; however, three arrested in 2003 still remain behind bars.
Trying to forget Torture haunts freed Cuban journalist - Committee to Protect Journalists

Yep. Your integrity.

Washington secretly paid journalists during the trial of the Cuban Five

The Cuban Five’s mission was to stop terrorism, keeping watch on Miami’s ultra-right extremists to prevent their violent attacks against Cuba. They were convicted after repeated denials by the judge to move the trial venue out of Miami. The U.S. government insisted that they be tried in Miami.

scalesofjustice.jpg
What the Cuban Five and their attorneys did not know during trial was that the U.S. government—through its official propaganda agency, the Broadcasting Board of Governors—was covertly paying prominent Miami journalists who, at the same time as the government conducted its prosecution, saturated the Miami media with reports that were highly inflammatory and prejudicial to the Cuban Five.

The presence of Miami journalists on the U.S. government payroll, who purported to report as “independent” press, goes to the heart of the unjust conviction of the Five. The Five were not only victims of a politically-motivated prosecution, but a government-funded propaganda operation as well.

These facts now form a major part of the latest round of appeals by the Cuban Five.

Learn more:
Reporters for Hire Washington secretly paid journalists during the trial of the Cuban Five

They were released.

See for all your touting of Cuba's "health system"... I really have a problem in understanding how you touters can support a health system
built on torture?
Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 2.07.12 PM.png

In Ebola fight Cuba flexes medical diplomacy - CNN.com

1. For more than 40 years, Cuban doctors have worked abroad, and Cuban hospitals have received patients from around the world.
  2. Cuba has had more than 30,000 health care personnel (19,000 physicians) in over 100 countries.
  3. Cuba has sent medical teams to Chile, Nicaragua, and Iran, responding to devastating death tolls and destruction caused by earthquakes.
  4. An emergency medical team of almost 2,500 Cubans treated 1.7 million people affected by the 2005 Pakistan earthquake alone.
  5. Cuba has sent medical personnel to El Salvador to assuage the outbreak of dengue fever, donating more than 1,000,000 doses of meningitis vaccinations to Uruguay after an outbreak there.
  6. Cuba sent medical task forces to Iraq during the Gulf War (which remained there after international relief organizations left); it sent medical crews to the beleaguered peoples of Kosovo, too.
  7. Cuban medical personnel went to Guyana in 2005, to aid in flooding, and also to Paraguay so as to work with infectious diseases and epidemiology.
  8. Nearly 100 Cuban doctors worked in Botswana in 2005, combating the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
  9. Cuba has also offered thousands in medical staff to work with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.
The foregoing list in no way exhausts Cuba’s extensive history of medical internationalism. Again, it goes without saying that Cuba’s medical endeavors are decades old. It has been an enduring, if unofficial, pillar of the Cuban Revolution.

During times of war, Cuba sent medical contingents at no cost to Algeria (in the early 1960s), and to Guinea-Bissau and Angola in order to work with denizens of those countries and to train them. In 1987, journalists confirmed the importance of Cuba’s presence—medical and otherwise—in the newly-independent Angola. Numerous victims of land mine violence (by government estimates, some 20,000) comprised a large contingency of amputees. Additionally, about 90 percent of Angola’s white population fled the country at the dawn of independence. Cuban teachers, construction workers, and doctors (roughly 9,000 in all), assuaged the ensuing paucity of skilled assistance.

Reporters also told of Cuba’s generosity to Children from Chernobyl in the early 1990s. More than 2,600 children from the worst-affected areas of Byelorussia, the Ukraine, and Russia received treatment in Cuba. The impoverished island nation provided the larges convalescent program for affected children. Teachers accompanied patients while translators and health workers assisted with family members in severe cases. Fidel Castro backed Cuban spending for the sake of the children, providing a 355 pediatric hospital and special equipment. Cuba invited 30,000 children to come from the Soviet Union, promising to pay local costs.
What s So New About Cuba s Medical Internationalism Dissident Voice

See for all your touting of Cuba's "health system"... I really have a problem in understanding how you touters can support a health system
built on torture?
View attachment 35138

You're shaking. I can feel it.
Are you making fun of my medical condition? For a psychic like you I am surprised!
With your psychic powers you should know WHY I am shaking as these stories I'm sharing with you regarding Cuba/Castro etc., are very disturbing to me as you should by now understand. If you had lived through the experiences these and others like us had you might be excused for being "shaky", but there is NO excuse for you making fun of this medical condition!

built on torture?
View attachment 35138

Are you making fun of my medical condition? For a psychic like you I am surprised!
With your psychic powers you should know WHY I am shaking as these stories I'm sharing with you regarding Cuba/Castro etc., are very disturbing to me as you should by now understand. If you had lived through the experiences these and others like us had you might be excused for being "shaky", but there is NO excuse for you making fun of this medical condition!

Put a sock in it. Oh, I see you have.

1. For more than 40 years, Cuban doctors have worked abroad, and Cuban hospitals have received patients from around the world.
  2. Cuba has had more than 30,000 health care personnel (19,000 physicians) in over 100 countries.
  3. Cuba has sent medical teams to Chile, Nicaragua, and Iran, responding to devastating death tolls and destruction caused by earthquakes.
  4. An emergency medical team of almost 2,500 Cubans treated 1.7 million people affected by the 2005 Pakistan earthquake alone.
  5. Cuba has sent medical personnel to El Salvador to assuage the outbreak of dengue fever, donating more than 1,000,000 doses of meningitis vaccinations to Uruguay after an outbreak there.
  6. Cuba sent medical task forces to Iraq during the Gulf War (which remained there after international relief organizations left); it sent medical crews to the beleaguered peoples of Kosovo, too.
  7. Cuban medical personnel went to Guyana in 2005, to aid in flooding, and also to Paraguay so as to work with infectious diseases and epidemiology.
  8. Nearly 100 Cuban doctors worked in Botswana in 2005, combating the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
  9. Cuba has also offered thousands in medical staff to work with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.
The foregoing list in no way exhausts Cuba’s extensive history of medical internationalism. Again, it goes without saying that Cuba’s medical endeavors are decades old. It has been an enduring, if unofficial, pillar of the Cuban Revolution.

During times of war, Cuba sent medical contingents at no cost to Algeria (in the early 1960s), and to Guinea-Bissau and Angola in order to work with denizens of those countries and to train them. In 1987, journalists confirmed the importance of Cuba’s presence—medical and otherwise—in the newly-independent Angola. Numerous victims of land mine violence (by government estimates, some 20,000) comprised a large contingency of amputees. Additionally, about 90 percent of Angola’s white population fled the country at the dawn of independence. Cuban teachers, construction workers, and doctors (roughly 9,000 in all), assuaged the ensuing paucity of skilled assistance.

Reporters also told of Cuba’s generosity to Children from Chernobyl in the early 1990s. More than 2,600 children from the worst-affected areas of Byelorussia, the Ukraine, and Russia received treatment in Cuba. The impoverished island nation provided the larges convalescent program for affected children. Teachers accompanied patients while translators and health workers assisted with family members in severe cases. Fidel Castro backed Cuban spending for the sake of the children, providing a 355 pediatric hospital and special equipment. Cuba invited 30,000 children to come from the Soviet Union, promising to pay local costs.

Evidently trying to make up for these tortures....
Torture in Cuba

built on torture?
View attachment 35138

Wow...once again the "sensitivity" of a person who obviously has no problem with the grotesque torture history of Cuba.
NOT one American "torture" victim ever experienced these techniques !

TERESITA SAAVEDRRA PEREZ - AGE: 24.
DATE: 21-04-61. LOCATION: HER HOME IN SANCTI-SPIRITUS, LAS VILLAS. (CATHOLIC LAY LEADER AND RESISTANCE LEADER.) TAKEN PRISONER, TORTURED AND RAPED BY A FORMER FRIEND, THE STATE SECURITY CHIEF IN SANCTI SPIRITUS,
AND FIVE OTHER SECURITY OFFICERS.AFTER HER RELEASE, SHE COMMITTED SUICIDE BY SETTING HERSELF ABLAZE, PRIOR TO HER SECOND ARREST, WHICH HAD BEEN ORDERED.
DOLORES CORREOSO (LOLIN) - AGE: 55 DATE: 13-08-78 . LOCATION: GUANAJAY NATIONAL WOMEN'S PRISON, GUANAJAY, PINAR
DEL RIO. WHILE SERVING A 20-YEAR PRISON TERM, DEVELOPED BREAST CANCER AND WAS DENIED MEDICAL TREATMENT.

"Denied medical treatment" by these SAME wonderful Cuban physicians that treated people around the world???
http://cubaarchive.org/home/images/stories/truth and memory/female_victims.pdf

I can provide for every ONE of your examples several examples of such atrocities against humankind by the Castro/Cuban government that is so medically adroit as you have shown.

Evidently trying to make up for these tortures....
Torture in Cuba
Superb. You brought a link for an overthrow the Cuban regime with ties to the Heritage Foundation. You're not biased at all.

Last edited:
built on torture?
View attachment 35138

Wow...once again the "sensitivity" of a person who obviously has no problem with the grotesque torture history of Cuba.

DATE: 21-04-61. LOCATION: HER HOME IN SANCTI-SPIRITUS, LAS VILLAS. (CATHOLIC LAY LEADER AND RESISTANCE LEADER.) TAKEN PRISONER, TORTURED AND RAPED BY A FORMER FRIEND, THE STATE SECURITY CHIEF IN SANCTI SPIRITUS,
AND FIVE OTHER SECURITY OFFICERS.AFTER HER RELEASE, SHE COMMITTED SUICIDE BY SETTING HERSELF ABLAZE, PRIOR TO HER SECOND ARREST, WHICH HAD BEEN ORDERED.
DOLORES CORREOSO (LOLIN) - AGE: 55 DATE: 13-08-78 . LOCATION: GUANAJAY NATIONAL WOMEN'S PRISON, GUANAJAY, PINAR
DEL RIO. WHILE SERVING A 20-YEAR PRISON TERM, DEVELOPED BREAST CANCER AND WAS DENIED MEDICAL TREATMENT.

"Denied medical treatment" by these SAME wonderful Cuban physicians that treated people around the world???

I can provide for every ONE of your examples several examples of such atrocities against humankind by the Castro/Cuban government that is so medically adroit as you have shown.

No. You can provide a bunch of links that operate as propaganda. The moment that you knowingly sent me to a site that attempted to justify Alan Gross you were done. Fucking done.

You don't have squat. What you have is a bunch of crap dedicated to overthrowing a tiny island that has managed to get by without the US and that pisses people off.

I mean, really. You should own it. It's in the backyard.

built on torture?
View attachment 35138

No. You can provide a bunch of links that operate as propaganda. The moment that you knowingly sent me to a site that attempted to justify Alan Gross you were done. Fucking done.

You don't have squat. What you have is a bunch of crap dedicated to overthrowing a tiny island that has managed to get by without the US and that pisses people off.

NO they managed to torture people and that's OK with you?
Propaganda?
YOU mean this is propaganda???
Human rights in Cuba are under the scrutiny of Human Rights Watch, who accuse the Cuban government of
systematic human rights abuses, including arbitrary imprisonment,unfair trials, and extrajudicial execution.

Cuban law limits freedom of expression, association, assembly, movement, and the press.
Concerns have also been expressed about the operation ofdue process.
According to Human Rights Watch, even though Cuba, officially atheist until 1992, now "permits greater opportunities for religious expression than it did in past years, and has allowed several religious-run humanitarian groups to operate, the government still maintains tight control on religious institutions, affiliated groups, and individual believers."[1] Censorship in Cuba has also been at the center of complaints.Most emigration is illegal.
Human rights in Cuba - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Explain something about this tiny "ISLAND"...
Why is emigration illegal?
In modern times, the term refers to the large exodus of Cubans to the United States since the 1959 Cuban Revolution and in particular the wave of (now)Cuban American refugees to the U.S. during the years 1960 and 1980.

More than one million Cubans of all social classes have left the island to the United States,[1][2] Spain, Italy, Mexico, Canada, Sweden, and other countries.
Tell me WHY with the BEST health system in the world would they want to leave?
More importantly why if Cuba is such a GREAT place, is EMIGRATION ILLEGAL?

See no matter what gloss you put on Cuba, people don't like to live like that!
They want to leave but are forced to live there. Think they love driving the only automobiles that are averaging 50 years OLD?
NO the facts are pretty obvious.
People don't like living in Cuba under these dictators and ONLY idiots or extremely naive people think differently!
WAKE UP!

NO they managed to torture people and that's OK with you?
Propaganda?
YOU mean this is propaganda???
Human rights in Cuba are under the scrutiny of Human Rights Watch, who accuse the Cuban government of
systematic human rights abuses, including arbitrary imprisonment,unfair trials, and extrajudicial execution.

Cuban law limits freedom of expression, association, assembly, movement, and the press.
Concerns have also been expressed about the operation ofdue process.
According to Human Rights Watch, even though Cuba, officially atheist until 1992, now "permits greater opportunities for religious expression than it did in past years, and has allowed several religious-run humanitarian groups to operate, the government still maintains tight control on religious institutions, affiliated groups, and individual believers."[1] Censorship in Cuba has also been at the center of complaints.Most emigration is illegal.
Human rights in Cuba - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Explain something about this tiny "ISLAND"...
Why is emigration illegal?
In modern times, the term refers to the large exodus of Cubans to the United States since the 1959 Cuban Revolution and in particular the wave of (now)Cuban American refugees to the U.S. during the years 1960 and 1980.

More than one million Cubans of all social classes have left the island to the United States,[1][2] Spain, Italy, Mexico, Canada, Sweden, and other countries.
Tell me WHY with the BEST health system in the world would they want to leave?
More importantly why if Cuba is such a GREAT place, is EMIGRATION ILLEGAL?

See no matter what gloss you put on Cuba, people don't like to live like that!
They want to leave but are forced to live there. Think they love driving the only automobiles that are averaging 50 years OLD?
NO the facts are pretty obvious.
People don't like living in Cuba under these dictators and ONLY idiots or extremely naive people think differently!
WAKE UP!

I said, dumb ass, that they have one of the best health care systems in the world. They are recognized for this. For the reasons cited. You are obviously confused. You search for some moral justification, and you have none, to force an economic system on an island. Don't be a dipshit.

Did you miss this?

Cuba s First Year Of Immigration Reform 180 000 People Leave The Country ... And Come Back

You're one of those fucktwits that supports USAID and neoliberal policies and that is all. Man up and admit that.

You say that our policy toward Cuba over the last fifty years has failed. My question for you is: if that policy had worked what would Cuba look like today? Are the goals of your new policy exactly the same as the old policy? If so when will you tell us what steps you will take to reach these goals? Have those steps been defined? How are you going to break it to Raul and Fidel that our main goal is to remove them from power? Will you be as effective in Cuba as you have been in Syria?

If youre too busy to answer maybe the people on this board can fill in the blanks.
The whole reason we shut out Cuba died over 20 years ago. The USSR is gone. The threat is gone.

Wake up.

You say that our policy toward Cuba over the last fifty years has failed. My question for you is: if that policy had worked what would Cuba look like today? Are the goals of your new policy exactly the same as the old policy? If so when will you tell us what steps you will take to reach these goals? Have those steps been defined? How are you going to break it to Raul and Fidel that our main goal is to remove them from power? Will you be as effective in Cuba as you have been in Syria?

If youre too busy to answer maybe the people on this board can fill in the blanks.
The whole reason we shut out Cuba died over 20 years ago. The USSR is gone. The threat is gone.

Wake up.

Right...tell that to the members of NATO which was formed exclusively because of USSR.
Tell that to these people and people like me that lived through the Cold War... it was never over. The motivation never died.
Does the Sony hacking sound familiar to you or are you still living in the late 90s?
Or how about the below.....
The new cold war: are we going back to the bad old days?
With diplomatic tensions and mysterious military activity ratcheting up, Putin’s Russia and the west are increasingly flexing their muscles. Are we on the brink of a new confrontation or did the era of danger and paranoia never really go away?
The new cold war are we going back to the bad old days World news The Guardian

Wake up.
It died 50 years ago you moron, what is the goal now?

Wake up.
Just who in the f...k are YOU to say it DIED 50 years ago you blathering, ignorant totally uninformed numbskull?
If it was so f...king ineffective... why is this the newest automobile?

After Fidel Castro’s rise to power in 1959 and the launch of the United States’ embargo on the Caribbean nation, sales of new automobiles all but dried up. The result?
A fleet of American automobiles, estimated by the New York Times at more than 60,000, still firmly planted in the 1950s.
Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 10.07.06 PM.png

After defecting in 1964, Castro's own sister brought the unmistakable message to Congress. "Fidel's feeling of hatred for this country cannot even be imagined by you Americans," she testified to the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
"His intention -- his OBSESSION -- is to destroy the U.S.!"

Have you ever ever heard any American President who has ever said "It is our intention to destroy Cuba"!

Now Cubans are doing everything they can to keep post-1960 cars on the road. The amount of European cars from the '80s and '90s still chugging along is pretty surprising. 205s are everywhere, as are 405s that would be considered an oddity in the US, even most of Europe. Cuba must be where all of the remaining Fiat Tempras in the world live. Squeezing as many people into a Fiat Cinquecento as possible looks like a national sport rivaled only by baseball. I even spotted two Saab 96s running quieter than some of the Renaults used as taxis.

Korean cars are in abundance, too. Accent taxis and Rio and Sonata rentals are hugely popular. But Ladas rein supreme. Anything with the mechanical simplicity of a mango and the toughness of a coconut is bound to do well in a city where potholes connected by smoother strips of pavement are called roads (in the country, it's cobblestones connecting those potholes).
In Communist Cuba Car Love Runs Deep out of Necessity

Wake up.
Just who in the f...k are YOU to say it DIED 50 years ago you blathering, ignorant totally uninformed numbskull?
If it was so f...king ineffective... why is this the newest automobile?

After Fidel Castro’s rise to power in 1959 and the launch of the United States’ embargo on the Caribbean nation, sales of new automobiles all but dried up. The result?
A fleet of American automobiles, estimated by the New York Times at more than 60,000, still firmly planted in the 1950s.
View attachment 35157
You must be drunker than I am you fucking moron...we're talking about the reason for the embargo not the effect of the embargo. The reason was Russian involvement ...long gone...we should have killed the castro faggots years ago.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back