I Have A Question. Answers are not Mandated. I am a Republican.

Yes because unions would have prevented this situation. Those evil mine owners like just killing off their miners and needing to conduct a job search every 3 months.

You've always been a fairly rotten person, but sometimes you go over the top that make you even more disgusting than normal.

I used to think that too many right wingers have drunk the kool-aid.

Take Unions. They have given us the 40 hour work week, paid vacations, overtime and holidays.

Republicans have voted against child labor laws, health care, minimum wage and Social Security. At the same time, cutting corporate taxes and removing regulations that lead to disasters just like this very one.

I keep thinking, are they stupid, evil, sick? But I realize, it's a different mindset. Democrats believe the health of the country is reflected by it's citizens. Republicans think the health of the country is reflected by it's corporations. To Republcians, the US is like a beehive. So what if a few bees die or the sick bees die off? It's the hive that's important. They go where they are told and believe what they are ordered to believe, for he good of the hive.

Another delusional rant?

Unions didnt give us the 40 hr work week, paid vactions, overtime, or holidays. Especially not holidays unless you're suggesting that unions have existed for thousands of years.

We've had thousands of years without regulations controling every aspect of life. The whole concept of liberty is lost on you. It's downright scary that people are as paranoid about businesses as you are.

There is nothing evil about a corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership, or LLC. People don't go around targeting their employees. If they did, they would quickly go out of business.

I have news for you. Not everyone views the employees as pathetic peons like you do. We live in the real world. Where treating people poorly is bad business and destroying your best capital is completely stupid.

Minimum wage destroys jobs. Especially Federal minimum wage which is stupid because prices fluxuate from region to region.

Social security is unconstitution and a complete deception to the people. It's the greatest ponzi scheme in existance. You lie to people and tell them that if they pay now they will be taken care of later in life. But you spend that money on other things and to pay the older people now in the hopes that most of the people will die before they ever come to collect. But now that the population has shifted and you are paying out more than you are taken it, it's a completely certainly that the system won't survive long enough for anyone currently entering the workforce to benefit from it. Not to mention the amounts paid to the elderly are a fraction of what they paid. There is nothing noble about lying to people.

Child labor laws should not be a Federal issue. It's up to the states to decide how to enforce industry within their own state.

But you don't really care for that do you? You want all power to Federal government, everyone else be damned. As long as you can pretend to care, you're happy with outsourcing your responsibility to care for your neighbor.

Another dilusional rant? Jazus--one non-sequitur after another!

From your signature:

“The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."

How's he doin' so far?

didn't work out so good for the miners, did it?

were they unionized?

i think your point was that GM and Chrysler were hurt by unions. (I happen not to agree... I think they were hurt by golden parachutes and bad product and poor choices of what to manufacture).

But my point was that NOT being unionized hurt the miners.

I think I win. ;)

I think I disagree. I think originally unions were a good thing.. but as usual when one gets a little power one often abuses it.. The high wages, luxurious benefits, and retirement benefits made GM and Chrysler uncompetitive on a global market. they priced themselves right out of business and in that respect they were bad for GM and for Chrysler. I am just one of millions of Americans who view what happened in the aftermath and are sickened by it.. obama favored the unions and sold the bond holders and the stock holders right down the river. then proceeded to steal several thousand dealerships. thuggery.

so here's my next question. coal mining is something I know little about, I know it's hard dangerous dirty work.. can these families sue the pants off this company? I hope they do.

So you like lawyers now? Depends on the "damage" claim, I suppose. A wrongful death mining coal is no different than a wrongful death due to medical malpractice.

are you the same way about all things all the time and never vary your opinions based on situation???? you are fucking boring..

So sorry. Seriously. It does seem as though you've had an epiphany--at least on this topic.

New Topics

Forum List

Back