I have a question about Seperation of Church and State.

or is it that it's just easier for atheists to shove children around?

Why is it they're allowed to pray openly in Congress but WE can't pray openly in a school?

Really? My personal opinion is that students should spend more of their time learning to spell while in school. You should be able to appreciate that.

Aside from that obvious observation, my understanding is that students aren't prohibited from praying while at school. It just can't be sanctioned or promoted by the school since the public schools are taxpayer funded. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Can public schools appoint chaplains to lead the student body in prayer?

Pretty disingenuous to equate the formal prayers held in Congress to the kind of private prayer you're so generously allowing students to slip in between assignments if they're not too conspicuous about it.

When the Constitution convention was meeting in 1787 to write the Constitution, Franklin, a Deist, suggested the convention be opened with a prayer. The convention did not vote yes.

Why is it they're allowed to pray openly in Congress but WE can't pray openly in a school?
MY question is:

What are we going to do when the Muslim children take over the Detroit school system and start demanding that they be allowed to get out their prayer towels and bow down toward Mecca every hour on the hour?

There is a lot of hypocrisy inherent in the modern version of separation church/state created by the Supreme Court. There is no concept of separation of church/state in the Constitution. It was invented by FDR appointee Hugo Black, a former KKK member who wrote the majority opinion. Kids today are forced to read the Koran in some liberated areas but would be suspended for even carrying the Bible to school. A Korean War monument with a 40 ft Cross in San Diego was ordered bulldozed because some dumb assed agnostic was offended by it. Schools allow all kinds of craziness after school hours like wikken clubs that pretend to teach witchcraft but Bible studies are universally condemned in the union based public school system.

I would love for the supreme court to answer the question.

Write a letter.

Forum List

Back