I have a love hate affair with Unions

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I love them who they used to be, back when they started out they 110 or so years ago they were great. Those guys did so much for us 40 hour work week ect ect ..(a must see movie is FIST staring Sylvester Stallone and Henry Winkler )then they started Getting so lazy and Corrupt in the 70s ,they let the japs pass us by, every one hates them now.

I love German unions they protect the workers and the company, why can't we have that style here? VW wanted it in Tennessee

But anti unions workers minds have to change and pro union minds have to change we live in 2015 the company is not the bad guy, it's profit margins we live by now in a global economy.

The reason why I am posting this a kid got fired last night, well not really a kid but a 26 year old tool maker , he was making around $24 bucks a hour he has skills

Why did he get fired? Because this dumb ass $34 dollar an hour mold tech 4 days ago took a cover off a conveyor stuck his hand in there and it choped Off 3 fingers of his right hand and two fingers of his left.

I was the Maintenance lead on third i had to write a report and I told the truth.

So the plant manager was on a rampage

Soo when this kid got a boo boo and 3 Stiches they fired him

I feel guilty

If we had a German style union at my company I could talk sense into them,, if we had an a AmerIcan style union this company Wouldn't even be here

See my love hatred of unions?

I don't know about German unions, but I also have a pro and con opinion of them.

The management of the auto industry was all union?Including the engineers and CEO?
uhm..shouldn't you be trolling one of shoot speaders post? I am serious about this one, that dumb ass was my friend and I had to turn on him,just like I did with the best Man at my wedding got him hired Three times, personally fired him two times and the third job he had for 6 years before he died

I love them who they used to be, back when they started out they 110 or so years ago they were great. Those guys did so much for us 40 hour work week ect ect ..(a must see movie is FIST staring Sylvester Stallone and Henry Winkler )then they started Getting so lazy and Corrupt in the 70s ,they let the japs pass us by, every one hates them now.

I love German unions they protect the workers and the company, why can't we have that style here? VW wanted it in Tennessee

But anti unions workers minds have to change and pro union minds have to change we live in 2015 the company is not the bad guy, it's profit margins we live by now in a global economy.

The reason why I am posting this a kid got fired last night, well not really a kid but a 26 year old tool maker , he was making around $24 bucks a hour he has skills

Why did he get fired? Because this dumb ass $34 dollar an hour mold tech 4 days ago took a cover off a conveyor stuck his hand in there and it choped Off 3 fingers of his right hand and two fingers of his left.

I was the Maintenance lead on third i had to write a report and I told the truth.

I feel guilty

If we had a German style union at my company I could talk sense into them,, if we had an a AmerIcan style union this company Wouldn't even be here

Culture. It all comes down to culture. Why do American unions suck? For the same reasons why American politicians suck. We have a culture of allowing and tolerating all this bullshit as an expression of "freedom."

I feel guilty

Culture. It all comes down to culture. Why do American unions suck? For the same reasons why American politicians suck. We ve a culture of allowing and tolerating all this bullshit as an expression of "freedom."
Maybe you are right and not common sense, most cons and liberals have it, but they get into shouting matches and extremes when on the ropes and the rest of us is saying WTF? Then we have to take sides

The majority of union workers I've dealt with aren't the type of workers I'd ever hire to work for me. More interested in gaming the system, hiding out from supervisors, looking busy, and stealing personal or company property that wasn't nailed down, etc.

The reason why I use German unions and my love for them they use reason and logic, not one sided thinking

I remember reading a story back in they 70s in popular mechanics, when a American asked a guy from Some German car company "why don't your car have cup holders?" His reply " because a Car is meant to drive"

Last edited:
The majority of union workers I've dealt with aren't the type of workers I'd ever hire to work for me. More interested in gaming the system, hiding out from supervisors, looking busy, and stealing personal or company property that wasn't nailed down, etc.
You are right about that, I worked for both, the Union worker got it in his brain he is owed more and can cry to his union stewerd if he gets caught.

But on the other extreme like I just mentioned in my OP a skilled worker gets fired for a boo boo

There is middle ground but the pay is much less..

Forum List

Back