i have a friend that grew up in an orphanage . should he have been aborted ?

My answer to the starter of this chat is this: To me, a baby should never be aborted unless it is going to have unbearable medical problems. I hate to see a person, that can't be helped, suffer let alone a baby. :( :( :(

Yes, your buddy was never adopted, but being in an orphanage is what kept them from being out on the street and because their life was spared, look at the kind of person that they grew up to be! :) :) :)

God bless you and your friend always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

My answer to the starter of this chat is this: To me, a baby should never be aborted unless it is going to have unbearable medical problems. I hate to see a person, that can't be helped, suffer let alone a baby. :( :( :(

Yes, your buddy was never adopted, but being in an orphanage is what kept them from being out on the street and because their life was spared, look at the kind of person that they grew up to be! :) :) :)

Holly

How about assited suicide of sever burn patients, quadriplegics, etc? Also, lethal injection of coma patients with similarly poor prognoses to that of fetuses facing possible unbearable medical problems?

Holly

What about the life of the mother?

To me, if only one can be saved, it should be the baby since it hasn't been around as long as the mother. If the mother wanted the baby bad enough, they would want the baby to be saved anyways.

How about assited suicide of sever burn patients, quadriplegics, etc? Also, lethal injection of coma patients with similarly poor prognoses to that of fetuses facing possible unbearable medical problems?
I guess that people like that are left up to who ever has been named as their legal guardian.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:

To me, if only one can be saved, it should be the baby since it hasn't been around as long as the mother. If the mother wanted the baby bad enough, they would want the baby to be saved anyways.

What if doctors were sure that the baby would be born with a condition that would require it to have constant care for the rest of it's life; or that the baby would be born with a disease that wouldn't allow it to live a normal life or even a long life; and the mother would surely die during child birth? Would you rather the mother give her life (a healthy, normal life) for the life of a child who would either live a short life due to disease or a hard life due to a debilitating condition?

Holly

So, if the mother's life was in danger, you are in favor of the Government deciding for someone else that they should let the mother die and save the baby? Really Holly? If I was pregnant and going to die if I continued, my husband would damn sure want to save me. And say it was a single mom-who would raise the baby then?

See how ridiculous some of these arguments are?

It is a personal, private, medical decision and no one else has the right to decide.

Stay out of it.

^^^ A baby without parents can always be given to someone who wants kids of their own but are not able to deliver any. And if the mother wants the baby to live, her wishes should be respected and if she chooses to put herself first, then to me that right there would be labeled a sheer act of selfishness and would make her other kids, should she have any, wonder if she would push them aside to save herself as well some time down the road.

Oh and one more thing. I will stay out of it when I feel like that I have nothing more to say about the issue, not when someone else tells me to.

What if doctors were sure that the baby would be born with a condition that would require it to have constant care for the rest of it's life; or that the baby would be born with a disease that wouldn't allow it to live a normal life or even a long life; and the mother would surely die during child birth? Would you rather the mother give her life (a healthy, normal life) for the life of a child who would either live a short life due to disease or a hard life due to a debilitating condition?
Apparently, you didn't catch my earlier message in this chat. I said that if the baby is going to medically suffer, it should be given back to the Lord.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
^^^ A baby without parents can always be given to someone who wants kids of their own but are not able to deliver any. And if the mother wants the baby to live, her wishes should be respected and if she chooses to put herself first, then to me that right there would be labeled a sheer act of selfishness and would make her other kids, should she have any, wonder if she would push them aside to save herself as well some time down the road.

Oh and one more thing. I will stay out of it when I feel like that I have nothing more to say about the issue, not when someone else tells me to.

Holly

No, her other kids wouldn't think that. Geez, you clearly think the life of the unborn is worth more than that of the mother.

Got it.

^^^ I would think that because I happen to be a child of a parent who cares about no one but their own self.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. A true parent puts the lives of their children first before anything else.

I guess that people like that are left up to who ever has been named as their legal guardian.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Wouldn't that usurp God's will?

^^^ :) :) :)

Jesus first
Others second
You last

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Yeah; makes sense. My list of preferred expressions of surprise or dismay, follow that progression to a tee:

Jesuschrist!

You fucking idiot!

Fuuuuuuuck meeeeeeeee!!!

^^^ If all that you are going to do is swear at me, don't bother saying anything more to me because you will not get another word out of me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ If all that you are going to do is swear at me, don't bother saying anything more to me because you will not get another word out of me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Just quoting myself. Not swearing at you, per se.

That help?

if there are severe health issues that threatened the mother then it would be up to the mother in that case !! but the vast majority of abortions are done to healthy babies with the consent of healthy mothers .to destroy human life for convenience is just plain damn wrong !!!

Last edited:
^^^ Amen.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, a healthy baby should never go to waste just because the couple that conceived it do not want it.

Forum List

Back