I have a dream........

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Ural Gear Up.

ural-gear-up_800x0w.jpg

Da, Da I know, it's Russian made and it's only a 750cc but it will easily take speeds up to 70mph but how many road bikes do you know will do this......

Last edited:
Just because they're godless atheists and shithead communists doesn't mean they don't have halfway-decent manufacturing and production skills. I have three WW2-era Russian Mosin-Nagant rifles and a US-made AK-47, which is of the traditional Russian design. They're all fine pieces of weaponry that do what they're supposed to do, without fail.

From what I've seen of Russian products, they're usually designed so even a ham-fisted unschooled farmer can operate them. (Not that all farmers are ham-fisted and unschooled.)

I had the chance to buy an old Harley three-wheeled police motorcycle in the late 60's but I couldn't afford the $250 for it.

They've been making these bikes since 1941 and before Germany invaded the Soviet Union were making the side cars for BMW, they're a copy of the WWII German BMW R75. They've obviously been updated over the decades but they ain't cheap and the closest Dealer to me Pueblo West, CO.

It's all steel construction so it's heavy at 730 pounds dry weight but it's shaft driven and it's 2 wheel drive. :thup:

Ural Gear Up.

ural-gear-up_800x0w.jpg

Da, Da I know, it's Russian made and it's only a 750cc but it will easily take speeds up to 70mph but how many road bikes do you know will do this......

There is this old man over In Kemah that drives one around with his dog in the side car.nice little bike that’s perfect for cruising around to do whatever. Even groceries within reason. I say do it.

Been waffling back and forth over which Ural I want, decided I don't want the Gear Up because I really don't want or need the spot light on the sidecar and it comes standard so it comes down to either the Patrol, on demand 2 wheel drive or the M 70 original WWII look but only one wheel drive, more of a cruiser.

The Patrol

DSC00610.jpg

The M70

hero-lg-2.jpg

hero-lg.jpg

Been waffling back and forth over which Ural I want, decided I don't want the Gear Up because I really don't want or need the spot light on the sidecar and it comes standard so it comes down to either the Patrol, on demand 2 wheel drive or the M 70 original WWII look but only one wheel drive, more of a cruiser.

The Patrol

DSC00610.jpg

The M70

hero-lg-2.jpg

hero-lg.jpg

I would rather have the two wheel drive. You do realize that if you get this bike you will need a dog with goggles for the side car right?

The Patrol

DSC00610.jpg

The M70

hero-lg-2.jpg

hero-lg.jpg

I would rather have the two wheel drive. You do realize that if you get this bike you will need a dog with goggles for the side car right?
Nope, a hot chick with big teets.........

The Patrol

DSC00610.jpg

The M70

hero-lg-2.jpg

hero-lg.jpg

The cool wares off that to fast. Especially when they start whinging on about their hair and shit. The dog? All you gott do is feed it, and he will be your best pick up line ever.

The Patrol

DSC00610.jpg

The M70

hero-lg-2.jpg

hero-lg.jpg

The cool wares off that to fast. Especially when they start whinging on about their hair and shit. The dog? All you gott do is feed it, and he will be your best pick up line ever.
That's okay, I like dogs as long as they're someone elses......... Besides, the bike alone is the best pick up line...... As long as the wife's not around....... :lol:

I finally decided I want the M70 because it's the retro look that had me looking for R71 copies in the first place. :thup:

Now it's time to start saving my pennies...... by the hundreds and thousands........

Forum List

Back