I Hate Walmarts

I still think you should sue them. If you really care about all of us little people, you'll sue for us.

Otherwise, you're just whining.

So tell me what justifies the higher price?

Is the Wrangler denim shirt that costs 12 bucks at Walmart somehow of less quality than the exact same denim shirt I buy in boutique for 40 bucks?

I think not and I'll save that 28 dollars and get free shipping.

Good question. But I often wonder if W.M. doesn't get deals on seconds and rejects, or items that just don't move in the upper-end stores. I have taken home some pretty crappy mdse from them.

I bought a 32" LG LCD TV a couple weeks ago. Looked new, but when I opened it I could tell it was a re-seal. The crap was thrown back into the box and it was dirty.

But I do give them credit for one thing- before W.M. came along, it was nearly impossible to return mdse to any store.

dont be thick there, you answered your own question...you get the returned junk you think walmart eats those returns? no they put them right back on the floor...

flatscreen prices must be dropping...my friends are calling....."you can get a some many inch tv for such and such bucks now" like i care...the square tv is good to go....yes i realize it is 23 or so years old...and on its last leg but that is fine....it is not my fault you can repair the tvs yall have....you can repair mine....it will be mine forever....bitches forever

Yes, let's boycott Wal Mart.... and throw over a million Americans out of work! Cool idea.

Oh wait.... no.... that's not a good idea, is it?

More moronic drivel by the Queen of Moronic Drivel.

now try to avoid walmart. i look at weekly circulars and i can normally beat walmarts prices on a lot of stuff...but i do buy...wellness its 3 bucks cheaper than walgreens ..and in a pinch ..their coffee is a good buy. but there are few local businesses now...it will get even worse...walgreens is not local, cvs is not local...ingles is american owed and fifthy...they still have a butcher shop however...everyone else is using prepackaged meat...harris teeter does a lot of their own meat, lowes foods doesnt even carry america seafood....they lost my bucks when they went to farm raised thailand shrimp...no one realizes the impact shrimp prices has had on me...i have gone from shrimp two or three times a week...to once a month now...prices are terrible....

i find walmart to really have inferior products..i wont buy their milk...it just seems weak...

management is hard on employees...i worked for american greetings and had a walmart to merchandise (fancy talk for i worked for a greetings card company and had racks at walmart to work) the management wanted me to work the racks a lot more than the company allowed....his suggestion that i take my hours (allotted by the company paying me) and break them up over several days....i found that amusing...once i refused the manager was on me all the time...calling the supervisors at american greetings for the least reason

fuck walmart

I have found a produce and butcher store in my neighborhood. Prices are competitive with what's offered at the ginormous chain grocery, and quality is far superior. Selection is fantastic and service is unbeatable. I will never set foot in my ginormous neighborhood grocery (which is nonunion) ever again, and I plan to try to alter the shopping habits of my friends and neighbors likewise.

That store has likely been there for years, but they do not advertise and I never knew. If a local had not told me, I still wouldn't know. Ask your neighbors and friends for suggestions -- likely there are far more shopping opportunities locally than you realize, especially if you live in an urban area.

I am no angel, as any of you who have read many of my posts can attest. I am not doing this because I need to have a *moment of moral superiority* every time I open a package. I am doing this because America's middle class and working poor are on the ropes and because the thought of enriching those who enslave people at labor camps or use children as workers is so repugnant to me, I'd rather go naked if need be.

Based on your OP, Madeline, I think I will boycott Walmart this year.

Besides, in order to compete with Walmart, I'm sure that Target will also offer free shipping...and Target is better quality...so I will buy from Target.

i dont find advocating buying local over walmart a bad idea or moronic....isnt it more moronic to support a foreign economy over your own? i would rather spend my money as locally as possible and support joe blow's family down the street, i would hope others would feel the same.

When it comes to technology and electronics, you better throw Best Buy on the boycott list. I'm sure they too will be following suit with free shipping.

i dont find advocating buying local over walmart a bad idea or moronic....isnt it more moronic to support a foreign economy over your own? i would rather spend my money as locally as possible and support joe blow's family down the street, i would hope others would feel the same.

so when you buy at Walmart you're not supporting the families of the Walmart employees who live down the street from you?

ooooooo we tryed to deal with the local meat shop in boone for a party...we needed so many lbs of chicken wings with so many pork shoulders....we call to confirm the order..the day of the party...and guess what...no wings....they could only order it in a large box so they passed...without telling us...we are gonna try blountville tn this time...for a 1/2 of a pig...or that was last time i check...it has gone from a low country boil, to finger foods, to a 1/2 of a pig...i dont like indecision

now try to avoid walmart. i look at weekly circulars and i can normally beat walmarts prices on a lot of stuff...but i do buy...wellness its 3 bucks cheaper than walgreens ..and in a pinch ..their coffee is a good buy. but there are few local businesses now...it will get even worse...walgreens is not local, cvs is not local...ingles is american owed and fifthy...they still have a butcher shop however...everyone else is using prepackaged meat...harris teeter does a lot of their own meat, lowes foods doesnt even carry america seafood....they lost my bucks when they went to farm raised thailand shrimp...no one realizes the impact shrimp prices has had on me...i have gone from shrimp two or three times a week...to once a month now...prices are terrible....

i find walmart to really have inferior products..i wont buy their milk...it just seems weak...

management is hard on employees...i worked for american greetings and had a walmart to merchandise (fancy talk for i worked for a greetings card company and had racks at walmart to work) the management wanted me to work the racks a lot more than the company allowed....his suggestion that i take my hours (allotted by the company paying me) and break them up over several days....i found that amusing...once i refused the manager was on me all the time...calling the supervisors at american greetings for the least reason

fuck walmart

I find I can usually (but not always) get a better price than Wal Mart. I'll buy nonperishables there but a lot of their perishables at least at our local Wal Mart aren't stored properly or something, they spoil long before the sell by date. Their meat is awful, I'd rather visit the local butcher, pay a few cents more per pound and know it hasn't been sitting frozen (hopefully anyway) in a warehouse and on a truck for weeks.

I don't think they keep products cold enough in transport or storage, maybe both. And in season we're in the middle of farm country, truck farming for the 95 corridor cities no less so just about everything is available locally as far as produce. I can take a 15-minute drive and pass three sizeable roadside stands, easy. But they refuse to offer local produce, or label it "local" and when you read the plastic bag they stick it in :)eek:) you find out "local" to them is still from three states away. WTF??

And I've never been in a Wal Mart that was clean, well lit, laid out with any common sense or smelled decent for that matter. So why go? :doubt:

When it comes to technology and electronics, you better throw Best Buy on the boycott list. I'm sure they too will be following suit with free shipping.

Best Buy does not usually even have the best prices on the same items. Their name lies and unless changed their retunr policy sucks.

skull i live in a unique area.....we are 30 miles from ever walmart....check it out....i am in western nc....boone...30 miles...spruce pine 30 miles....elizabethon tn 30 miles.....so now i am not taking food from my neighbors....and going that far makes it hard for me to save money....(well now that i have to go to boone a few times a week its not that hard) but you get the drift...

The only Big Box store I routinely patronize is the hardware stores, Lowe's and Home Depot. I'll freely admit, I'm the shit at sourcing their products...most of the manufacturers are unknown to me. Electronics I prefer to buy online direct from the manufacturer, and I don't buy frequently but I am sure I have bought goods made overseas.

I'm not perfect....all of us could always do more. I just wish some of us wouldn't shrug and say "I can do nothing".

I'm confused... First off, I don't shop Walmart for much of anything because I find *most* of their quality to be inferior, and they're slowly forcing brand names out of their stores, and replacing them with "Great Value", which really isn't... I go there for things like 5-Hr Energy shots, which NOBODY can beat as far as price..

But if you're trying to boycott them (right before Christmas, even), isn't that going to put several *thousand* people out of work, vs. just 1-2 Mom and Pop places, which are probably on the rocks anyway, since they feel their markup should be higher because they're smaller? :eusa_eh:

in all fairness maddie...times are hard....people are trying to make ends meet and its not easy with grocery prices going up....corn prices have jumped ...so food prices have followed...expect meat to get much higher...

if i find the same product at walmart or local and walmart is cheaper i am gonna put food on my table first...that is the nature of most

I don't shop Walmart. I find the atmosphere there inferior. I don't like being fawned over by employees, but I do appreciate courtesy. I also don't like the fact that Walmart tries to promote themselves as All American, but in fact is aggressively exploitive of cheap labor in nations with weak labor laws.

I do read labels and buy American when there is a choice. It is often not too much more expensive for many items. I'd rather voluntarily pay a little more for a product made in our nation, which has strong labor and environmental laws, than be taxed involuntarily to pay welfare and unemployment for unemployed Americans.

I also prefer to buy products made as close to home as possible because shipping things a long ways is wasteful of fossil fuels and harder on the environment.

I'm not a pro-union person, but Walmart has employed what I view as unethical union-busting tactics. They also play a lot of games with schedules in order to keep their employees under the amount of hours needed for benefits. And, they have crabby employees, generally. I also dislike being greeted at the door, I find it incredibly phony and intrusive.

skull i live in a unique area.....we are 30 miles from ever walmart....check it out....i am in western nc....boone...30 miles...spruce pine 30 miles....elizabethon tn 30 miles.....so now i am not taking food from my neighbors....and going that far makes it hard for me to save money....(well now that i have to go to boone a few times a week its not that hard) but you get the drift...

My husband and I have decided that when our kids are grown and on their own, we are moving ( hopefully south of MA ) to a town that is free of any said anchor store. I want to live in a Walmart, mall, Home Depot free zone. I would have no problem traveling a half hour or so to do my shopping.

Forum List

Back