I hate to say we told you so...

anytime you or timmy want to post a link that proves you right, please do.

timmy had to good sence to see he was wrong and left, so either out do him and provide a link or get the same level of sense.

Here ya go: best ed systems . Mostly blue states .

Top 15 states for education
anytime you or timmy want to post a link that proves you right, please do.

timmy had to good sence to see he was wrong and left, so either out do him and provide a link or get the same level of sense.

Here ya go: best ed systems . Mostly blue states .

Top 15 states for education
that in no way proves your claim that WI used to have the best schools.

run along timmy, and stay runned along until you can back up your bullshit.

your lies are tired, old and debunked.

That was a response to the shot at blue state / dem education .

As for WI schools. I never did they were worse off, you claimed they were better off .

I would think a comparison of statewide scores before and after would be a good start . Not sure enough time has passed because they just changed the union thing .

Now how about my fire / police question ?
liar, you claimed they were tops in the nation

HAHAHAHAHAHA

you lie so much you can't even remember your lies.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

When did I claim that ? Please show me where .

The guy that starts a "we told Ya so " "spike the football" tread based on a nothing hack piece is calling me a liar?! Lol! Praise from Caesar !
My apologies, it was Old school that made that idiotic claim.

the 2 of you are so dumb, due to your public education from tv, that it's hard to tell you apart.

and?

It's a new system, that's working and improving.

the old model sucks, we both know it

Asia tops biggest global school rankings - BBC News

Used to fight for the top 5, now we don't break the top 12.
Is it because we changed things?

Or is it because other countries improved their models?
I'd say a combo of both.

school got dumbed down, attendance is forced, discipline was removed, schools don't actually compete.

India and asia put of ton of pressure on school kids, and it pays off, we give multiple chances to pass and then grade on a bell curve

school got dumbed down, attendance is forced, discipline was removed, schools don't actually compete.

You are sadly correct. Despite all of the crap claimed by teacher unions and the U.S. Education Department, the quality of our schools is abysmal. The system needs to be overhauled and under-performing teachers should be fired.

What has been reported:

"The U.S. Education Department reports that the high school graduation rate is at an all-time high at 80 percent.Four out of five students are successful in studies completion and graduate within four years."

Sounds great doesn't it? The truth is however:

"While 80 percent of high school seniors receive a diploma, less than half of those are able to proficiently read or complete math problems."

"The problem is that students are being passed on to the next grade when they should be held back, and then they are unable to complete grade-level work and keep up with their classmates."

"The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), the largest standardized test administered in the United States, reports that fewer than 40 percent of graduating seniors have mastered reading and math and are poorly equipped for college and real world life. These students who are passed to the next grade are at a serious disadvantage and have an increased chance of falling behind and dropping out of college."

10 Reasons the U.S. Education System Is Failing

You are sadly correct. Despite all of the crap claimed by teacher unions and the U.S. Education Department, the quality of our schools is abysmal. The system needs to be overhauled and under-performing teachers should be fired.

What has been reported:

"The U.S. Education Department reports that the high school graduation rate is at an all-time high at 80 percent.Four out of five students are successful in studies completion and graduate within four years."

"While 80 percent of high school seniors receive a diploma, less than half of those are able to proficiently read or complete math problems."

"The problem is that students are being passed on to the next grade when they should be held back, and then they are unable to complete grade-level work and keep up with their classmates."

"The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), the largest standardized test administered in the United States, reports that fewer than 40 percent of graduating seniors have mastered reading and math and are poorly equipped for college and real world life. These students who are passed to the next grade are at a serious disadvantage and have an increased chance of falling behind and dropping out of college."

In 1979 my Dad found out that the local public HS, in the town we just moved into, had problems with there grads passing college entrance exams, and by grads, I mean nearly half the honor roll.

b/c of that they scraped together every spare dollar to bus me 45 miles away to the nearest catholic HS.

What has been reported:

In 1979 my Dad found out that the local public HS, in the town we just moved into, had problems with there grads passing college entrance exams, and by grads, I mean nearly half the honor roll.

b/c of that they scraped together every spare dollar to bus me 45 miles away to the nearest catholic HS.

I saw the same thing in my high school in the 70s. What shocked me was when I was at university I was offered a job tutoring first-year university students in remedial English and math. Most universities have in fact lowered their requirements in order to allow many of these same students to graduate with a university degree. It's not surprising that many employers complain that university graduates are poorly educated. This is the result of universities having to dumb-down their studies:

"Results from a CLA administered last year to 32,000 students from 169 colleges revealed that not much had changed in the intervening three years: 40 percent of college graduates were found to be unprepared for the white collar workforce because they had not sufficiently developed the skills mentioned above."

What Are Colleges Teaching Students? The Answer Is Disturbing

When people argue that teachers are not responsible you really have to laugh at their stupidity.

What has been reported:

I saw the same thing in my high school in the 70s. What shocked me was when I was at university I was offered a job tutoring first-year university students in remedial English and math. Most universities have in fact lowered their requirements in order to allow many of these same students to graduate with a university degree. It's not surprising that many employers complain that university graduates are poorly educated. This is the result of universities having to dumb-down their studies:

"Results from a CLA administered last year to 32,000 students from 169 colleges revealed that not much had changed in the intervening three years: 40 percent of college graduates were found to be unprepared for the white collar workforce because they had not sufficiently developed the skills mentioned above."

What Are Colleges Teaching Students? The Answer Is Disturbing

When people argue that teachers are not responsible you really have to laugh at their stupidity.

An ignorant society is easily manipulated.

The only problem is, you run out of people to pay for the manipulation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back