I hate to say but part of me would like an Obama win

Where have the conservative ideas that you want to see implemented worked in other places or in the past? Specifically.

"Free Markets" is not a specific answer. It's a broad concept. Do I really need to explain this to you?

Every time you avoid answering the question it only further proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

Calvin Coolidge low taxes and low federal spending.

Oh, so you're referring to the period of time directly leading up to the Great Depression? The time when taxes were cut because times were good. That seems like a comparable to todays economic climate to you?

The Great Depression cannot be put at Coolidge’s feet. Problems had to do with the banking loans to European countries following World War I, the Feds monetary policy, and Herbert Hoover the self described progressive and reformer to the great depression with his Liberal ideas. I know he was a Republican in title but his ideas were certainly progressive. How he got in under Republican I will never know.

Calvin Coolidge low taxes and low federal spending.

Oh, so you're referring to the period of time directly leading up to the Great Depression? The time when taxes were cut because times were good. That seems like a comparable to todays economic climate to you?

The Great Depression cannot be put at Coolidge’s feet. Problems had to do with the banking loans to European countries following World War I, the Feds monetary policy, and Herbert Hoover the self described progressive and reformer to the great depression with his Liberal ideas. I know he was a Republican in title but his ideas were certainly progressive. How he got in under Republican I will never know.

So I'm still waiting for you to show me a defined example where "modern day conservative policies" have been implemented and resulted in prosperous times for the middle class.

So I'm still waiting for you to show me a defined example where "modern day conservative policies" have been implemented and resulted in prosperous times for the middle class.

That is because they have never been fully implemented. But Reagan reduction of taxes and regulations is the closest we have gotten. Of course he never curved spending and taxes still were not low enough. But it is not even totally possible that just federal action alone will be enough. States have started taxing like crazy as well. State and Federal governments have exploded and are not even close to the size we would need to be at to get taxes low like we need them to be an not continue to increase the debt. Coolidge was able to reduce taxes to where only 2% of the population was paying income tax at all and spending low enough to where we still was paying off our debt.

yeah right, then how the hell did we get ObamaCare shoved down our throats? the dept ceiling raised, etc etc
It's always a right wing conspiracy with you people, nothing is ever a Democrats fault

Democrats have rounded on revelations about a private dinner of House Republicans on inauguration day in 2009 in which they plotted a campaign of obstruction against newly installed president Barack Obama.

During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

:lol:
oh well, if the world news guardian says it's true

The Guardian says nothing of the sort...its reporting others.

All indicators point to another recession. Income is down and durable goods dropped 13%. Growth has continued to slow every quarter and the last was revised down to barely over 1 percent. There is a part of me that wants Romney to win so we can start to recover. However, to be honest there is a part of me that kind of hopes Obama will win so that once and for all we can prove liberalism is a complete failure. Sure I know that after another 4 years of liberal policies this country will be near the bottom but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get it through thick skulls. Of course the mainstream media will continue to blame republicans and that may still work with some idiots but I have to believe another four years of Obama would kill the Democrat party for good and save the country.

he will have them crackers voting republican for the next 200 years

All indicators point to another recession. Income is down and durable goods dropped 13%. Growth has continued to slow every quarter and the last was revised down to barely over 1 percent. There is a part of me that wants Romney to win so we can start to recover. However, to be honest there is a part of me that kind of hopes Obama will win so that once and for all we can prove liberalism is a complete failure. Sure I know that after another 4 years of liberal policies this country will be near the bottom but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get it through thick skulls. Of course the mainstream media will continue to blame republicans and that may still work with some idiots but I have to believe another four years of Obama would kill the Democrat party for good and save the country.

Anyone voting to reelect this economic moron deserves everything they get. But--I do not want this ignorance passed onto my kids and grand kids because of it. They don't deserve it. I am not certain we would be able to recover after another 4 years of Barack Obama.

Medium household incomes drop over $4000.00 since Obama took office.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/09/02/obamas-accelerating-downward-spiral-for-america/

August 2012 jobs report--Horrible. Employment in this country hits a 30 year LOW.
August jobs report: hiring down, unemployment falls - Sep. 7, 2012

46 Million Americans on food stamps.
SNAP/Food Stamp Participation « Food Research & Action Center

1 in 6 families now living below the poverty level.
Almost 1 in 6 Americans living below poverty line - Americas - World - The Independent

16 trillion in red ink with another 5 trillion to be added to this tab just in interest over the next decade.
National debt: Washington's $5 trillion interest bill - Mar. 5, 2012

August 2012--Consumer confidence in the tank.
August consumer confidence falls to 60.6 - Business Insider

23 Milliion Americans either unemployed or underemployed.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09/07/weak-august-jobs-report-unemployment-rate-fell

Now anyone voting to reelect a President with a record like this--has an elevator that doesn't hit the top floor--or is one of the typical Obama voters we see in the below video.

A typical Obama supporter---:eusa_shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back