I hate the Lakers!

I hate the Lakers also! I didn't like Adam Morrison when he played for Gonzaga and that dislike grew when he signed with the Lakers.

I hate the Lakers also! I didn't like Adam Morrison when he played for Gonzaga and that dislike grew when he signed with the Lakers.

Luissa, you live in the greater Spokane area, I'm curious as to why you didn't Like Adam Morrison? He has pretty much washed out as a pro, did you think he was over hyped, or attitude?

join the club,yeah their the yankees of basketball.the same way the yankees represent everything thats wrong with baseball,the lakers so that with baketball.I liked them in the old days when they had magic johnson and james worthy,now I cant stand them.

I hate the Lakers too, but that's a good thing. I think it is good for a sport to have a team like this. And it isn't like Kobe went and got another Shaq. He pretty much did it without another super star. As much as I hate to say it.

And I said Kobe would never win another championship. It took 7 years, but he finally did it. Next year I hope the Celtics or Cleveland beat the Lakers.

That is of course if the Pistons aren't contenders.

But Shaq & Lebron might be able to do it, and we know the Celtics can do it.

I'm expecting Bynum to have a little more swagger/confidence next year. He wasn't confident enough this year. If he gets better, watch out for the Lakers to repeat.

And the Lakers didn't go out and buy a bunch of stars like the Celtics did. Phil Jackson put together role players. God this hurts to give the Lakers props, but you have to.

I'm happy for Walton. Now he's got a ring too. I'm happy for his dad that his son got a ring.

Oh, and they have Lamar Odom coming off the bench? Look for him to be much better too next year.

And Trevor Ariza impressed me too. This whole team may be better next year. God I hope someone takes them down.

Who in the West can challange them next year? Spurs? Denver? Mavericks? Houston?

Luissa, you live in the greater Spokane area, I'm curious as to why you didn't Like Adam Morrison? He has pretty much washed out as a pro, did you think he was over hyped, or attitude?
He was a good player but not a good team player. One of the reasons Gonzaga does so well is because of their team unity, take for example this year. They went farther this year than they did when Adam played for them because they did not have some hot shot player that hogged the ball all the time. Plus Adam's attitude sucked in my opinion, I knew a few people who knew him and they didn't like him too much either.

The Lakers picked up Artez. That is going to help them against Cleveland and Shack next year.

I loved the Lakers when Magic and Shaq played, but I was never a team person. I only like certain players. However, I do share your hate for the Lakers, especially because of what they did to Shaq. I see he didn't need Kobe as much as Kobe needed him. Kobe will never win another championship and the Lakers won't win one with Kobe. Fuckers!

what do you say now Jg?....

Yesterday Barkley & Kenny in Inside the NBA were talking about how the Lakers are up and down. They don't have intensity 100% of the time. They said, "this team should win it all with all the talent they have, and they probably will win it all, but they can't root for that because they aren't trying all the time".

I think Denver is going to whip them. Same thing happened the year my Pistons beat them in 2004. The Lakers should have killed Detroit, but they didn't want it as much.

Kobe can yell all he wants, Bynum does not have the heart. Gasol is weak and Odem as talented as he is, will not make the difference.

I happen to think Odem is very very talented. So is Gasol. But both of them are soft, and its going to cost them. So is Bynum.

And Cleveland has home court advantage.

I want Denver to win it all. I can't believe Cleveland's team is as good as they are. I have no clue what will happen in the finals. If Cleveland is for real, they have home court and will win.

But I'm like you. I have said, "kobe will never win another championship", but now I'm not so sure. My hope is that Lebron wins a few until Kobe gets too old and the Lakers team breaks up. I want Kobe to go out with 3 rings and Shaq having 4. That will eat at him forever. Plus, one more ring makes Kobe that much closer to being as good as Jordan, and I don't want that. Right now it is clear that Jordan is still the best ever.

If Lebron wins, and he already made the finals once, he will be on track to catch or pass Jordan as the best ever.

I almost want Kobe to make the finals so Lebron can school him.

what say you now Bo?....

I loved the Lakers when Magic and Shaq played, but I was never a team person. I only like certain players. However, I do share your hate for the Lakers, especially because of what they did to Shaq. I see he didn't need Kobe as much as Kobe needed him. Kobe will never win another championship and the Lakers won't win one with Kobe. Fuckers!

I still say Fuckers. I'm glad they got one [gift wrapped].

I still say Fuckers. I'm glad they got one [gift wrapped].

to be truthful i never thought they would win another again myself ....Jackson has proved he is one of the great coaches in NBA history....

Last edited:
Always have, always will.

Do you?

I USED to like them when they had Magic Johnson,James Worthy,Rambis and Kareem abdul jabber.always enjoyed the match ups between them squaring off with Larry Bird,Mchale and The Boston Celtics.NOW I hate them though,I am so sick of seeing them in the championship game all the time.

Do you?

I USED to like them when they had Magic Johnson,James Worthy,Rambis and Kareem abdul jabber.always enjoyed the match ups between them squaring off with Larry Bird,Mchale and The Boston Celtics.NOW I hate them though,I am so sick of seeing them in the championship game all the time.

Yep, I like those years also....seemed that the ego's were left at the front door, or in a locker.

Do you?

Yep, I like those years also....seemed that the ego's were left at the front door, or in a locker.

yeah these days sports are just not fun to get excited about anymore.I really appreciated those days and this is coming from a guy who hates basketball who always enjoyed seeing them square off for the championship.

Forum List

Back