“I hate that thug music.”

The UN CAT concluded that..."subjecting ( people) to loud noise...constituted TORTURE. It is banned by various Geneva Convention protocols. Consult "Cranking up the Volume-Music as a tool of torture" by Jonathan Pieslak. We as civilized humans have a right to privacy, even the UN agrees that “sonic antagonisation” is unacceptable. A prisoner at Guantanamo has more personal rights and a better expectation of quality of life than do most Americans NOW. Add to that, the nature of the “music” being forced on us unwilling participants, no wonder this guy Michael Dunn,was driven to the point of madness by pointless loud hateful music being forced on him repeatedly. It’s no excuse to take a life, but please don’t excuse loud hateful noise as a “right” . Sonic antagonisation isn’t a “right’ by anyone’s lights. Shame on Dunn’s legal reps for not pointing that out.

What does this have to do with a criminal lunatic blazing away at an occupied SUV until he couldn't get a clear shot anymore??

I can't stand that loud thumping music either, but I'm not going to empty my gun into a vehicle just to shut it up.

Maybe it's just me, but I think listening to a few minutes of "Boom, Boom, Boom" shit is preferable to listening to 60+ years of "Inmate #XXX, it's time for your shower".

Perhaps, it is just you.

I'm confident that statement comes closer to applying to you, actually.

Certainly no one else here seems to be in agreement with your ludicrous stand of 'loud music is the culprit'. There is no legislation or pending legislation that I've ever heard of to try and have loud music be a valid defense for murder, so our elected officials don't seem to feel there is any mandate by the people to follow your asinine logic. And no one but you has tried to connect loud music played in someone else's vehicle to torture. I also don't know what you were trying to quote in the UN's convention against torture, I didn't see it in the text. But based on your interpretation, any concert or sporting event would constitute torture. I'm pretty sure the UN would disagree with you. :tongue:

In short, your idiocy is all your own.

Please, rap promotes murder, intolerance and hatred. It is the very argument against freedom of speech, it is a extremist form. And, coupled with the new found technology of "base amplification“, BOOM BOOM BOOM. People don’t like being teased, harassed and antagonized. We bite back, sometimes, not so nicely. Isn’t that mean? Dunn went all BOOM BOOM BOOM on them. Rappers kill each other al the time, they say it’s “Real”. Boom Boom boom. Sonic harassment , acoustic torture, please. We have had enough. The UN and the Geneva Convention outlawed loud ass people, perhaps Dunn was fighting back for human rights? Boom BOOM.

Let me clarify; Black kids can't be mindless assh+les and white guys can't just shoot people. But, that isn't the problem exactly, is it? Black kids play loud antagonizing music despite common sense, white guys with guns, are statistically a minor petty issue. Too many people with loud radios, and THEY are the real issue here. BOOM BOOM BOOM. They harass, they take away our quality of life. We are tired of that. BOOM BOOM BOOM. Quality of life, human rights. Privacy. Those are the real issues here.

Last edited:
Please, rap promotes murder, intolerance and hatred. It is the very argument against freedom of speech, it is a extremist form. And, coupled with the new found technology of "base amplification“, BOOM BOOM BOOM. People don’t like being teased, harassed and antagonized. We bite back, sometimes, not so nicely. Isn’t that mean? Dunn went all BOOM BOOM BOOM on them. Rappers kill each other al the time, they say it’s “Real”. Boom Boom boom. Sonic harassment , acoustic torture, please. We have had enough. The UN and the Geneva Convention outlawed loud ass people, perhaps Dunn was fighting back for human rights? Boom BOOM.

Fighting back for human rights! :lmao:
The UN and Geneva Convention outlawed 'loud ass people'! :rofl:

Oh, wow, you are either a funny troll or one of the least intelligent posters on this board....which is saying quite a bit. :tongue:

While you are going on about how we should not have freedom of speech when it comes to rap (but oddly, no other forms of music which promote murder, intolerance or hatred) I'm going to go look up this amazing new found technology you speak of! :lol:

Oh, wow, you are either a funny troll or one of the least intelligent posters on this board....which is saying quite a bit. :tongue:

While you are going on about how we should not have freedom of speech when it comes to rap (but oddly, no other forms of music which promote murder, intolerance or hatred) I'm going to go look up this amazing new found technology you speak of! :lol:

I didn't say any of that, kiddo. What I AM saying is loud music degrades our quality of life and our right to privacy, and the United Nations kinda agrees with me. Loud music goes beyond freedom of speech into a dark indefinable region that provokes people to HARM each other. You think that's good? I don’t think it’s good place to aim for or what our founding fathers and the 1st Amendment was about. Boom BOOM BOOM.

Last edited:
These young men were trying to get away and he killed them in cold blood. No amount of music justifies this sort of murder....

The guy should get life or executed.

when the victim was shot they not trying to get away

the back door of the SUV was open when the first three shot got fired

WHAT TECHNOLOGY? Bass boosters, Power boosters, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. Are you Kidding me? Nobody ever heard this extremely loud sonic noise pollution technology before? SUPRISE! OK, you have NOW, Now, on the other hand, how come we never hear Elvis or the Peggy Lee pumping out to the 'hood by elderly white females in 57' chevys? You all know why, it's more than just a age or racial thing, its about decency and respect and human rights. Bipolar kids with bipolar standards. What new found technology? Yeah. Don’t play stupid.

Last edited:

I didn't say any of that, kiddo. What I AM saying is loud music degrades our quality of life and our right to privacy, and the United Nations kinda agrees with me. Loud music goes beyond freedom of speech into a dark indefinable region that provokes people to HARM each other. You think that's good? I don’t think it’s good place to aim for or what our founding fathers and the 1st Amendment was about. Boom BOOM BOOM.

Considering I quoted you saying those very things, and you're kind of repeating them now, you might consider actually reading and thinking about what you're writing before you post. Or maybe cutting down on the drinking. ;)

Again, if loud music provokes people to harm each other, why isn't every concert in the world a bloodbath?

Loud sounds are harmful, psychologically and physically. BOOM BOOM BOOM can cause deafness, but mentally it can cause terror and provoke a reaction of flight or fight in mammals. Fact. And bass, low frequency sounds that may be almost inaudible, may be the reason for mass beachings of whales and dolphins. People report humming sounds from New Mexico to Durham England. I am beginning to wonder if there isn’t some overall tie in here? Sound pollution. It is driving us a little crazy.

Last edited:
WHAT TECHNOLOGY? Bass boosters, Power boosters, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. Are you Kidding me? Nobody ever heard this extremely loud sonic noise pollution technology before? SUPRISE! OK, you have NOW, Now, on the other hand, how come we never hear Elvis or the Peggy Lee pumping out to the 'hood by elderly white females in 57' chevys? You all know why, it's more than just a age or racial thing, its about decency and respect and human rights. Bipolar kids with bipolar standards. What new found technology? Yeah. Don’t play stupid.

Is BOOM BOOM BOOM the name of your particular psychosis? This is providing me with lots of amusement. You may have a point now that I think about it. The bass in music is very soothing to my ears. I wonder if any studies have been done on what bass does to whites vs blacks?

Forum List

Back