“I hate that thug music.”

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
“I hate that thug music.”

Those were the last words Rhonda Rouer heard her fiance, Michael David Dunn, say before he fired 10 shots at a car containing four black teenagers at a Southside Gate gas station. One of those teenagers, 17-year-old Jordan Davis, was killed.

On Saturday afternoon Rouer, crying and shaking uncontrollably, was compelled to testify against the man she intends to marry and told jurors what happened before and after Davis was killed on Black Friday in November 2012.

Her anguish appeared to unsettle the courtroom. Dunn, 47, and his family sitting in the front row fought back tears, and members of the Davis family looked at the ground as she hyperventilated and tried to keep her hands from shaking. Acting Circuit Judge Russell Healey took the unusual step of bringing Rouer into court before the jury was in the room in an effort to calm her down before she was called to the stand.

When she finished testifying, Rouer whispered, “I’m so sorry” as she got off the stand. It was unclear if she was speaking to a bailiff, Dunn, the Davis family or someone else.

While at the cashier’s counter, Rouer heard the sound of gunshots, looked outside and saw Dunn leaning out of his window.
Read more at Jacksonville.com: Dunn Trial: Fiancee of accused killer is called to testify against him in court | Mayport Mirror

If she was at the cashier's counter which means she was not in the car at the moment - there is no way she could have heard him saying those words before firing 10 shots. He could have complained about the music but not exactly before shooting - as she was not in the car when he shot the teenager.

somebody is lying here - the media most likely. as always.

Be that as it may - such music at whatever volume does not give anyone the right to stand your ground in a public parking lot.

Just like texting in a theater does not mean your theater seat is where you stand your ground.

You don't like the music or the texting? Move away where there isn't any.

Regards from Rosie

While at the cashier’s counter, Rouer heard the sound of gunshots, looked outside and saw Dunn leaning out of his window.
Read more at Jacksonville.com: Dunn Trial: Fiancee of accused killer is called to testify against him in court | Mayport Mirror

If she was at the cashier's counter which means she was not in the car at the moment - there is no way she could have heard him saying those words before firing 10 shots. He could have complained about the music but not exactly before shooting - as she was not in the car when he shot the teenager.

According to your article, he said it while she was in the car before she left to go inside.

Loud rap music was emanating from the Durango and when Dunn said he hated that thug music Rouer replied “I know,” gave him a kiss and left Dunn in the car while she went in to get the wine.

What a stupid tragic murder. I think people who play music like that are rude assholes, but under no circumstances does it justify murder. If the article is truthful, I hope they fry Dunn's butt!

Be that as it may - such music at whatever volume does not give anyone the right to stand your ground in a public parking lot.

Just like texting in a theater does not mean your theater seat is where you stand your ground.

You don't like the music or the texting? Move away where there isn't any.

Regards from Rosie

except in both stories there were many more facts and interactions involved between texting/loud music and shooting.

According to your article, he said it while she was in the car before she left to go inside.

Loud rap music was emanating from the Durango and when Dunn said he hated that thug music Rouer replied “I know,” gave him a kiss and left Dunn in the car while she went in to get the wine.

What a stupid tragic murder. I think people who play music like that are rude assholes, but under no circumstances does it justify murder. If the article is truthful, I hope they fry Dunn's butt!

according to the article it looks like he said it a second before shooting - which is not true and that is what I was pointing at.

Those were the last words Rhonda Rouer heard her fiance, Michael David Dunn, say before he fired 10 shots at a car containing four black teenagers at a Southside Gate gas station. One of those teenagers, 17-year-old Jordan Davis, was killed.
Media idiocy.

Last edited:

yes. why let your conspiracy theories get in the way of reality?

yes. why let your conspiracy theories get in the way of reality?

do you have a reading comprehension disorder?

according to the article it looks like he said it a second before shooting - which is not true and that is what I was pointing at.

Media idiocy.

The article says that she was in the store before the shots were fired, that she didn't hear the confrontation that led to the shooting....what makes you think it says he said those words 'a second' before shooting?

Just because they were the last words she heard him say before the shooting doesn't mean they were said immediately before shots were fired....

Media idiocy.

The article says that she was in the store before the shots were fired, that she didn't hear the confrontation that led to the shooting....what makes you think it says he said those words 'a second' before shooting?

Just because they were the last words she heard him say before the shooting doesn't mean they were said immediately before shots were fired....

the same articles states this:

which sounds like it was seconds before he shot the teenager.

Nothing makes ME think it was - I was just pointing into the article inconsistency - as it contradicts itself.

sloppy article, that's all

Forum List

Back