I hate Oregon

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I hate their uniforms; their mascot, their field, their helmets, their coach and their weather. Hate it.

Right now, my Wildcats are being dismantled by the Ducks.

However it was interesting that on this ESPN National Broadcast, there was yet another Obama Commercial: This was not it...but it makes Obama's case very effectively.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OVngTHkNg]Go - YouTube[/ame]

Same Themes....except in the commercial I saw, they talked about Romney's plans and featured the private jet visual of course. Strange I can't find it.

Stranger still that Romney with his perceived advantage in funding isn't buying time on national telecasts.

I hate their uniforms; their mascot, their field, their helmets, their coach and their weather. Hate it.

However it was interesting that on this ESPN National Broadcast, there was yet another Obama Commercial: This was not it...but it makes Obama's case very effectively.

Go - YouTube

Same Themes....except in the commercial I saw, they talked about Romney's plans and featured the private jet visual of course. Strange I can't find it.

Stranger still that Romney with his perceived advantage in funding isn't buying time on national telecasts.

It continues to be a campaign as out of touch and clueless as its candidate.

Go - YouTube

Interesting to show an Obama commercial
? More interesting still is that Michelle Obama's brother, Craig Robinson, is the head coach of the Oregon State men's basketball team. Now what a coincidence....:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Go - YouTube

Interesting to show an Obama commercial
? More interesting still is that Michelle Obama's brother, Craig Robinson, is the head coach of the Oregon State men's basketball team. Now what a coincidence....:eusa_whistle:

I did not know that. I hope they have better uniforms than the Football team. Freaking Rockettes.

I'd like to live in Oregon one day.

Oregon has some real advantages if one likes the outdoors. We have everything from rainforest to high desert. Just about all the climates other than tropical. Some great hunting and fishing. Some areas where if you are more than a mile off the road, you probably won't see anyone else there.

We have some great music centers in Portland, and some very good universites. In Eastern Oregon one gets high desert, mountain scenery like Montana, and some of the most wonderfully independent people in the world. The Willimette Valley has a near ideal climate, cool, wet winters and springs, warm summer, usually with six weeks with little rain, and the falls can be a glorious Indian Summer, or wet and drizzily. In Eastern Oregon, the falls are almost always great, my favorite season there. As nice a mix of very rural and laid back urban as any state has.

One of our officers went to Bend, OR for some sort of conference. He came back and wore deck shoes--he never did before. Still does 6 years out.

LOL. Oregon tends to do that to people. Had he stayed for a few months, you might have seen him walking around in the winter in cutoffs and a parka. Not unusual in Portland.

Many feel that way.

That's why my hometown is now a retirement community for Califorians. When I was growing up it was a logging/fishing community.

We certainly have better sidewalks and streets now...but I do miss the loggers and the toughness of the old citizenry.

Oregon has some real advantages if one likes the outdoors. We have everything from rainforest to high desert. Just about all the climates other than tropical. Some great hunting and fishing. Some areas where if you are more than a mile off the road, you probably won't see anyone else there.

We have some great music centers in Portland, and some very good universites. In Eastern Oregon one gets high desert, mountain scenery like Montana, and some of the most wonderfully independent people in the world. The Willimette Valley has a near ideal climate, cool, wet winters and springs, warm summer, usually with six weeks with little rain, and the falls can be a glorious Indian Summer, or wet and drizzily. In Eastern Oregon, the falls are almost always great, my favorite season there. As nice a mix of very rural and laid back urban as any state has.

I want to head back west one day but I don't think I want to go to California. I lived in Vancouver and really miss the Pacific NW. There's a little too much rain, and I don't think I'd like the taxes, but I like Portland or somewhere along the Oregon coast or south Oregon would be appealing.

One of the great tragedies of my life is that Old Rocks lives somewhere in the state.

I want to head back west one day but I don't think I want to go to California. I lived in Vancouver and really miss the Pacific NW. There's a little too much rain, and I don't think I'd like the taxes, but I like Portland or somewhere along the Oregon coast or south Oregon would be appealing.

Try Flagstaff...snow falls in April, views that nowhere else in the world has.

I dig the ducks, lately, primarilly because of Chip Kelly.

Never was a Ducks fan back in the day. Come from a Beaver family. . . my uncle Jean was the Gray Ghost for those of you up on your OSU trivia, and my grandfather's in their football hall of fame as well. That said, watching the Ducks since Chip Kelly took the helm is a lot of fun. Love how that guy runs the fast paced spread offense. . . speed speed speed. Dig the style a lot. Even my grandfather was a Chip Kelly fan lol. The uniform fashion show does strike my personal sensibilities in a rather unpleasant fashion, but the model is pretty genius. I know a lot of hardcore Ducks fans that buy the jersey from every big game the Ducks win, and giving people that incentive to keep up with potentially a new uniform -EVERY- week of the football season brings in a lot of revenue to the program. I attribute that sort of franchise fanatacism to stupidity, personally, but from the school/program's perspective. . . fuck it. If it fits it ships.

Oregon, the state, is definitely great if your the out doorsy type. More of an urban kid, myself, and Portland. . . well, aside from good marijuana and cheap drinks at entertaining dive bars on the EAst side, I could do with or without the city itself. As somebody noted earlier, Portland is definitely full of hippies. And pretentious, trendy hippies, no less. . . as irritating a contradiction as I've ever encountered. Every time I see a Keep Portland Weird bumper sticker I wanna set that asshole's car on fire. But when you get out of the hippy districts and into the slightly more ghetto areas, good times to be had for cheap. I go drinking at this little dive bar, Mama-Son's on like, 128th or so and Division in SE. . . 2 dollar well drinks, karaoke, and the friendliest middle aged tweeker crowd you could hope to avoid interacting with directly. Small glasses on those drinks, but they're -all- liquor and a splash of mixer for color. . . 'bout a double shot per once the bartenders get to know you.

Anyway, I digress. Like them Duckies and don't exactly hate Oregon itself. . . don't exactly love it either tho. God damn hippies!

I dig the ducks, lately, primarilly because of Chip Kelly.

Never was a Ducks fan back in the day. Come from a Beaver family. . . my uncle Jean was the Gray Ghost for those of you up on your OSU trivia, and my grandfather's in their football hall of fame as well. That said, watching the Ducks since Chip Kelly took the helm is a lot of fun. Love how that guy runs the fast paced spread offense. . . speed speed speed. Dig the style a lot. Even my grandfather was a Chip Kelly fan lol. The uniform fashion show does strike my personal sensibilities in a rather unpleasant fashion, but the model is pretty genius. I know a lot of hardcore Ducks fans that buy the jersey from every big game the Ducks win, and giving people that incentive to keep up with potentially a new uniform -EVERY- week of the football season brings in a lot of revenue to the program. I attribute that sort of franchise fanatacism to stupidity, personally, but from the school/program's perspective. . . fuck it. If it fits it ships.

Oregon, the state, is definitely great if your the out doorsy type. More of an urban kid, myself, and Portland. . . well, aside from good marijuana and cheap drinks at entertaining dive bars on the EAst side, I could do with or without the city itself. As somebody noted earlier, Portland is definitely full of hippies. And pretentious, trendy hippies, no less. . . as irritating a contradiction as I've ever encountered. Every time I see a Keep Portland Weird bumper sticker I wanna set that asshole's car on fire. But when you get out of the hippy districts and into the slightly more ghetto areas, good times to be had for cheap. I go drinking at this little dive bar, Mama-Son's on like, 128th or so and Division in SE. . . 2 dollar well drinks, karaoke, and the friendliest middle aged tweeker crowd you could hope to avoid interacting with directly. Small glasses on those drinks, but they're -all- liquor and a splash of mixer for color. . . 'bout a double shot per once the bartenders get to know you.

Anyway, I digress. Like them Duckies and don't exactly hate Oregon itself. . . don't exactly love it either tho. God damn hippies!

Oregon is the Miami (FL) of our day...in 5 years or so nobody will worry about not being able to beat them.

Forum List

Back