I Hate Critics

I highly recommend you see both of these films.

So you do like Hollywood, occasionally. Those two movies are on my list.

The British actor Paul Bettany said something about Hollywood that great scripts occasionally 'escape' the notice of executives and survive to become movies. The problem for me is that I don't care for comic book movies, and I was over Star Wars by the time I was a teenager. Hollywood right now is all about the franchised serial movies.

What you have in media, besides product placement, is something called behavior placement. Executives have an economic incentive to promote political correctness. The Sopranos broke that mold in 1999, and television has been ascending since then. 1999 was in my opinion the greatest modern year for movies, but also the debut of Jar Jar Binks and the beginning of a long descent.

I highly recommend you see both of these films.

The British actor Paul Bettany said something about Hollywood that great scripts occasionally 'escape' the notice of executives and survive to become movies. The problem for me is that I don't care for comic book movies, and I was over Star Wars by the time I was a teenager. Hollywood right now is all about the franchised serial movies.

What you have in media, besides product placement, is something called behavior placement. Executives have an economic incentive to promote political correctness. The Sopranos broke that mold in 1999, and television has been ascending since then. 1999 was in my opinion the greatest modern year for movies, but also the debut of Jar Jar Binks and the beginning of a long descent.
This is a good example of how to respond.

Excellent points.

Thank you.

Wrong again. Strawman argument.

Sure wish you would treat every topic in the same manner.
When it comes to protecting Democrats and thus protecting your ideology, you can't see past the tip of your nose. But when attacking other posters you have no problem making up wild accusations from out of nowhere.

Try discussing the topic of the OP, and save the sarcasm for other threads. This is getting very boring.

Guy, you are the one trying to find a condemnation of liberalism in movies that were probably made by liberals who had no idea of how you'd take them.

You kind of remind me of the guy who takes a Rorschach test at his doctor's office, and he describes each ink blot with the most lurid sexual description he can think of.

The Doctor says out of frustration, "Mr. Jones, you seem to be obsessed with sex?"

And the man replies, "ME? You're the one with all the dirty pictures!!!"

a thoughtful reply.

I think there are two Hollywoods. The "Business" Hollywood and the "Art" Hollywood.

The Business Hollywood is the one that makes sequels, prequels, remakes and adaptations of things you've heard of because they are in the business of putting asses in seats for $10.00 a crack.

The Art Hollywood is the one that makes movies like Boyhood and Birdman, not movies a lot of people want to go out and see, but ones that get people accolades for their "Art" and "Vision".

Looking over a list of the "Best Picture" winners, the last one I saw was 2006's "The Departed", and I saw that on DVD.

The last one I saw at a Theater was "Return of the King".

Metacritic (Bond Girls)

The prophetic "Bond Girls" (the beautiful female actresses appearing in the espionage-intrigue James Bond films) reveals a society fascination with voyeurism and liberal dialogue.

Remember when the popular American rock band Guns N' Roses was trumpeting the idolatry of serial killer Charlie Manson in the violence-glorifying media?

Everyone's a critic at heart, but not everyone is comfortable making art (since art involves deep expression).

That's why one of my favorite TV shows is the short-lived but cult-favorite "The Critic" (1994-1995), a wry adult-geared cartoon featuring the talented voice acting of the entertaining Jon Lovitz.

:afro:

The Critic

Bond Girls

dimple(India).jpg bar(USA).jpg

Forum List

Back