I hate Christmas

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
It is by far the worst time of year for me. Add in I haven't had my anti depressant medication due to a screw up on prescription for almost a month now....

Everyone is either happy or pretending to be happy. I just wanna crawl in a hole and pull the rock over it. I have never enjoyed this time of year.

SO a BIG BAH HUMBUG to you all.

It is by far the worst time of year for me. Add in I haven't had my anti depressant medication due to a screw up on prescription for almost a month now....

Everyone is either happy or pretending to be happy. I just wanna crawl in a hole and pull the rock over it. I have never enjoyed this time of year.

This is the time of year you need your medication most. Tell your doctor to get it for you now.

Cheer up Sarge. Whenever I get in a funk around the holidays, I re-read the Polar Express.

At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe.

Maybe this will make you smile:

cardfunkSample.gif

Cheer up. All the satanic celebrations will be over soon.

Why would you allow what other people do during christmas season to have such a hold on you?

Why don't you make up your own way to celebrate. Maybe make it a crawl under a roc season. You can invite others to do same. Heck, you can get credit for being a prick instead of just an annoyance.

That sucks RGS, I hate to see people miserable this time of year.

Something that might give you a smile, I went to pick up my wifes brother yesterday, (lives about an hour and a half away), so he could spend Christmas with us(he's mentally challenged). He was told that I would pick him up at "lunch time". So I was there at noon, no sign of him, and I waited for a bit, still nothing, so I went for a drive, getting more pissed off by the minute. Finally, he comes strolling in his driveway at 2pm.
I was pretty frustrated but kept it to myself, and asked what time he was going to be picked up? He answered "lunchtime", ok, so I asked him why he wasn't there at noon, and didn't come home until 2? His answer to me was "I always have lunch around 2". lol I couldn't believe the silly fuck answered it that way, and I got a pretty good laugh out of it.

and yes, get that prescription straightened out, that's important medication to be without at this time of year if you normally take it.

Merry Christmas RGS

Twas quiet all through the house. Early morning hot coffee kind of day. We've had rain.. I got a super mario game for christmas. that always makes an old lady happy! :eusa_angel:

Hey Sarge - maybe you could go to church today? I argued with my 16 year old last night who "didn't feel like it" and gave him the big speech about the reason for the season. We ended up giggling with the little kids in the "baby room" and laughing at the lunacy of their parents texting during mass. It was a rather pleasant evening.

i bet that outpouring of cheer helped...actually sgt i know how you feel...i dont have the norman rockwell family....and sometimes i want it...we have had some really stressful stuff happen in the last few months...so i declared a family holiday where all 4 of us....me, hubby, bio son and non bio son were going to go spend the evening having dinner and going to bristol motor speedway in lights when they are grumbling..and i said...i want a normal rockwell night damn it...my non bio son muttered back.....only if he did acid....

i was not a happy camper...also my father died on the winter solstice....how ironic....so it tends to be a down time for me...

there is no excuse for your meds to be delayed a friggin month....you need to get proactive on that....

now i will say this...you seem to have doomed yourself to misery....you have question relationship with your wife...i just dont see how that relationship brings you any joy...i am sorry....sunshine.... but why stay with a woman who rejects you, as she has.

do you at this point...even remember being happy?

...depression is not necessarily contagious. Get a grip on something that normally makes you happy and have at it. I would send you some thorazine but I quit usin' it years ago after learning how to be happy without it. It takes an attitude adjustment that is hard to come by. You have to love and respect EVERYTHING there is...difficult to accomplish without some guidance and coaching, but attainable none the less.

In the mean time, try this:

Get some Melatonin 3mg tablets, take one 30 minutes before bedtime for a week. You'll sleep well and forget some of your troubling thoughts. Just make sure that you're ready to go to sleep when you take it.

Cheers!:beer:

Screw the anti-depresants. You need a way to vent your frustations. I quit taking paxil a week ago and actually don't notice a difference. Melatonin helps some sleep, but HTP5 helps the body produce serotonin which can also alleviate depression.

Do like I do. Go to the nearest Publix and sneak up on old people and run your cart into the back of their ankle. They go down like a falling log.

Then I go home and feel better for a day or so.:lol:

Either that or just become a liberal and you will be filled with joy.:eusa_whistle:

Do you get your meds from VA? If not, try them. They have improved a hell of a lot in the last 10 or so years.

Merry ho, ho,ho and that humbug crap.

This time of year is very hard for more folks than we realize.

I "almost" put the tree up again this year, but just couldn't do it. It's only been three years since I lost my son and I just can't "celebrate" yet. I go through the motions and get through it as best I can, but there is an eternal lump in my throat, and the slightest thing will turn on the floodgate of tears....I will try again next year to be "jolly".

However, I did get a pretty sweet "gift" this year! Last week, I emailed HR to see how much vacation time I had left and found that I have four days!! That means with the 1st being a holiday I can take next week off! WOW! I was thankful for that! No alarm clock for a whole week!!

RGS, please call your doctor Monday and get your meds. Cold turkey is never a good idea when coming off of anti depressants.

A couple of suggestions that have worked for me the past couple years, you might want to consider: (1) Find a way to help someone else. Voluteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Only an hour will be greatly appreciated, and will do your spirit great amounts of good. You will realize your blessings and be lifted. (2) As corny as this sounds, I promise it works!! Find your brightest room and just smile at yourself in a mirror!! Before long, you will be laughing out loud because it "feels silly" and you will naturally be lifted by the laughter. and (3) GET OUTSIDE and walk and breathe fresh air every day that you can. The exercise and fresh air will naturally lift your spirits.

Hang tight. It's almost over.

Not depressed. Just don't like the Christmas Season. Too much foofaraw, to little remembrance of the why of the season.

Personally, I would put up one tree. Some ornaments, and spend the rest of the time fixing up stuff for kids. Those are the real reasons for the season.

Cheer up, RGS!

Just think, tomorrow is the furthest day from next Xmas. Maybe you will have your meds by then.

I don't like this time of year either, as I don't buy into the holiday. But today is a good day as my kids are here

Every day is a gift, some assembly required. What counts is what you do with what you got, rather than whine about what other people have.

I have to admit there are things not to like about this Christmas, including the fact that yesterday I got my last check from my severance package, and two weeks from now I have to find my COBRA payment. This morning the cat urked up on the basked to just washed by not put away laundry, and there are just a lot of things.

And I hate the darkness from 4:00 till 7:30.

And this year the government is run by lemings and pigs.

One could make a list, but there is so much that is glorious, that it is best to count all that.

I just grin and bear it this time of the year, not a big fan but I go with the flow.

Forum List

Back