I Hate Cellphones!

What I detest is the expectation that just because someone sends you a text, you should reply immediately.

I walk away from my idiot box phone for hours on end, and maybe only check it once a day.
Amen.

I love the “thumbs up” feature. Good way to signal you’re done texting without anyone getting butt-hurt.

I have to fight the urge to slap phones out of hands of jerks sitting and hogging machines at the gym with their stupid ass texting

5e5d47f77064d.jpeg

I don't think most Americans (or Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) could survive without one now.

As a TEACHER, one would hope you could manage their use, at least when class is in session. Many years ago, NYC prohibited them for students in the classroom, and got away with that. I doubt the rule still prevails.

As a Catholic, I think "we" should abstain from use of cellphones for a day or two each week, just to keep us grounded. Kinda like not eating meat on Friday. Maybe Orthodox Jews shun phones on the Sabbath. Anyone know?

I don't think most Americans (or Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) could survive without one now.

As a TEACHER, one would hope you could manage their use, at least when class is in session. Many years ago, NYC prohibited them for students in the classroom, and got away with that. I doubt the rule still prevails.

As a Catholic, I think "we" should abstain from use of cellphones for a day or two each week, just to keep us grounded. Kinda like not eating meat on Friday. Maybe Orthodox Jews shun phones on the Sabbath. Anyone know?
He is a PE teacher, so technology and the written word are hard things for him.

As a TEACHER, one would hope you could manage their use, at least when class is in session. ....

All of my students know to put their cell phones in their backpacks when they come into the classroom and to place said backpacks in a front corner of the room. I installed a red light/green light device on the front of my desk. When the green light is lit the students may use their laptops. When the red light is lit they all get stowed away. There are often one or two kids who try to sneak out their phones, but they know the rules (partly because I have them written on a BIG poster on the wall behind my desk).

All of my students know to put their cell phones in their backpacks when they come into the classroom and to place said backpacks in a front corner of the room. I installed a red light/green light device on the front of my desk. When the green light is lit the students may use their laptops. When the red light is lit they all get stowed away. There are often one or two kids who try to sneak out their phones, but they know the rules (partly because I have them written on a BIG poster on the wall behind my desk).
The word count is a record for you!

Forum List

Back