I had to pay 7 damn dollars for a single light bulb yesterday

Not sure what people's problem is with these newer light bulbs. I just had one of my bulbs burn out for the first time in the four years I have lived here. Now I don't know what to do. I have to go to the store just to buy a light bulb? I'm not used to that shit. :dunno:

Why??? WTF was wrong with traditional bulbs? What government entity thought this was a smart idea? Did they include subsidies for the poor to be able to afford these bulbs?

What wrong is that traditional bulbs are too expensive and waste too much energy. Luckily the Congress didn't listen to you when they outlawed 19th century "technology".
At Home Depot you can get 60w incandescent equivalent LED bulbs for less than $4 a piece. But the real cost for the LED based on its 20 life span is about 20 cents a year as oppossed to an incandescent bulb with an average cost of $1 but a life span of only 2 years making the cost 50 cents a year. Plus the fact that LED only uses 1/6 the power meaning it is only 1/6 the cost of incandescent to operate.

LEDs are cheaper to buy and to operate and rarely need to be replaced so WTF is wrong with that?

Forum List

Back