I guess this makes perfect sense

oh, bullshit. Have you EVER heard me say that the war was illegal or that I thought those on the ground conducting it were war criominals for doing so.

This kind of righteously indignant false outrage is really beneath you, gunny.

I support the military. totally. I hope and pray that every round they fire finds its target. I hope every round fired at them misses. I want their mission to succeed.

On the other hand, I disagree with invading Iraq as a logical or meaningful or productive way to prosecute the war against islamic extremism.

What the troops are doing on the ground is morally neutral. They are doing what the civilian military command has told them to do and they are doing it with skill and professionalism...just like they were trained to do...just like I expect them to do. They do not determine the mission, they only execute it.

My beef is solely with the monkeys in suits in this administration who have wasted five years, a trillion dollars and 31K dead and wounded Americans getting NOTHING back for that cost but 4K full coffins.

Yet you have no problem allowing your allies make those statements. Your dead silent or defence when any of them make their claims of illegal activity, violations of law etc etc.

Yet you have no problem allowing your allies make those statements. Your dead silent or defence when any of them make their claims of illegal activity, violations of law etc etc.

I am not the policeman here. I have no "allies" on this board. I speak my mind. others speak theirs. If you spent all your time castigating assholes on the right, you would never be able to get a word in edgewise. same for me.

now...Show me where I have ever ever defended anyone in their claims that this war is illegal. I'll wait.

I am not the policeman here. I have no "allies" on this board. I speak my mind. others speak theirs. If you spent all your time castigating assholes on the right, you would never be able to get a word in edgewise. same for me.

now...Show me where I have ever ever defended anyone in their claims that this war is illegal. I'll wait.

You never defended Ruby? Never defended Dead? Never defended any of the leftoids that have made statements about illegal war? Dishonest indeed. As to searching your posts for hours to provide it, no thanks, those that have read your posts will know whether I am right or not.

You never defended Ruby? Never defended Dead? Never defended any of the leftoids that have made statements about illegal war? Dishonest indeed. As to searching your posts for hours to provide it, no thanks, those that have read your posts will know whether I am right or not.

I have never defended anyone's assertions that the war in Iraq was illegal or that those soldiers doing their jobs over there were war criminals.

Those who have read my posts will know that is a fact.

:eusa_liar: ....When Durbin was comparing OUR guards treatment of detainees at Gitmo to Nazies, you were right there defending the asshole....just like a good little lemming....
Yes sir....comparing our policy and the treatment of prisoners to Pol Pot, you were right there.....
comparing our detention center in Gitmo to the Russian Gulag, you were right there.....bobbing your head and tapdancin' around trying to deny Dubin even said those things.....

Yes, those of us that have read your post know that is a fact.....

:eusa_liar: ....When Durbin was comparing OUR guards treatment of detainees at Gitmo to Nazies, you were right there defending the asshole....just like a good little lemming....
Yes sir....comparing our policy and the treatment of prisoners to Pol Pot, you were right there.....
comparing our detention center in Gitmo to the Russian Gulag, you were right there.....bobbing your head and tapdancin' around trying to deny Dubin even said those things.....

Yes, those of us that have read your post know that is a fact.....

why don't you read my last post and then read your last post and see if you can determine where your "moron light" first came on?

I have never defended anyone's assertions that the war in Iraq was illegal or that those soldiers doing their jobs over there were war criminals.

Those who have read my posts will know that is a fact.

My moron detector started to sound the alarm at the phrase.....

or that those soldiers doing their jobs over there were war criminals.

You do know Pol Pot and the Nazies are considered war criminals, and comparing US policy and US guards actions to them, is saying, in essence, calling us the same thing.....even a eight year old can see that....

oh, bullshit. Have you EVER heard me say that the war was illegal or that I thought those on the ground conducting it were war criominals for doing so.

This kind of righteously indignant false outrage is really beneath you, gunny.

I support the military. totally. I hope and pray that every round they fire finds its target. I hope every round fired at them misses. I want their mission to succeed.

On the other hand, I disagree with invading Iraq as a logical or meaningful or productive way to prosecute the war against islamic extremism.

What the troops are doing on the ground is morally neutral. They are doing what the civilian military command has told them to do and they are doing it with skill and professionalism...just like they were trained to do...just like I expect them to do. They do not determine the mission, they only execute it.

My beef is solely with the monkeys in suits in this administration who have wasted five years, a trillion dollars and 31K dead and wounded Americans getting NOTHING back for that cost but 4K full coffins.

I don't recall that I mentioned you by name, nor accused you specifically of anything. I merely commented on a statement that was made.

I don't agree with your "morally neutral" statement. If the war is illegal, then those carrying it out or morally wrong.

I don't believe the war is illegal. I just don't care for how it's being conducted.

I don't recall that I mentioned you by name, nor accused you specifically of anything. I merely commented on a statement that was made.

I don't agree with your "morally neutral" statement. If the war is illegal, then those carrying it out or morally wrong.

I don't believe the war is illegal. I just don't care for how it's being conducted.

I don't think it's morally or strategically neutral. Morally our troops are helping Iraqis survive, currently from all sects of Islam, which the percentages are growing by the day. Stategically in the sense that we are making it more difficult for Iran or the Saudis to control Iraq.

Put up or shut up. Doniston. Debate the topic or slink away. Your baseless opinion of me isn't needed.

Doniston debate? That would require he come out of his senile haze and actually support any of the baseless lies he has posted. He would have to actually link to and quote something other then his befuddled brain damaged intelligence. He can not even get the simple quote function down and you expect him to learn how to cut and paste and to provide actual backing for his ignorant claims?

So when republicans opposed somalia/kosovo/bosnia, then republicans were anti-troop?
If you are talking about me personally, if I oppose a war, but the leadership goes into it anyways, then I will support the effort to a victorious end. This batch of libs, as in Vietnam, would prefer to see us lose.

They do not support the troops, they simply claim to because to do otherwise is political suicide.

After some time they came to realize that opposing the war was also showing they werent supporting the troops, so they started claiming they opposed the war, but support the troops. It was merely a political move. But the general public saw the hypocrasy in that, and it hasnt worked.

Not only do they oppose the war, but they have done things to actually hurt our effort, and the morale of the troops, I have heard it over and over and over again from actual soldiers, how it has hurt the morale, now, how is that supporting the troops?

My moron detector started to sound the alarm at the phrase.....

or that those soldiers doing their jobs over there were war criminals.

You do know Pol Pot and the Nazies are considered war criminals, and comparing US policy and US guards actions to them, is saying, in essence, calling us the same thing.....even a eight year old can see that....

tried to rep you on that one. I see you've gotten the moron tag also, wear it with pride, considering where it came from.

face it dude...enough with the spin.

You said if you criticize a war, then you are against the troops.

Many of these republican quotes are critical of the war, of the president, of the policy.

These republicans were anti-troops in the 1990s, in accordance with the very standards you and the other poster just mentioned.

There is a difference between criticizing a war, and not supporting it.

You can criticize all you want, but when your actions lead to troop demoralization
or to giving up critical means that we gather intel
or that you are trying to cut funding of the war
or you are calling the troops Commander in Chief all kinds of things including a liar
when you claim the war is unwinnable
and when you actually actively try to end the war without us attaining our desired results, or at least giving the troops enough of an opportunity to try,

when you call our enemy "partiots"

when you call the war illegal, hence calling the troops criminals

when you actively try to disqualify their votes

when you blatantly disrespect the office of their Commander in Chief

When the liberal media continuously only portraits the negative side of what is going on there

when they seek out the 1 in 50 soldier who opposes being there and give him tons of attention while ignoring the 49 who think they are doing the right thing

when you actively root for us to lose

yea, I would say that is NOT supporting the troops
The soldiers who are there, by a vast majority, respect and trust and believe in President BUsh, If you support the troops you would give their Commander in Chief the same respect.

If you supported the troops, then, even if you opposed going in, you would support the war effort til its succesful conclusion

If you support the troops you would respect THEIR desire to stay until the goals and objectives are met.

I thought the war was over? Mission accomplished according to Dumbya, right?

Playing semantics is beneath you, Grump. The military operation to invade Iraq and depose Saddam has BEEN over since Bush said so. Technically, the US is not at war in the conventional sense in Iraq. However, for whatever reason, calling the occupation and attempted rebuilding of Iraq is and has been labeled "the war."

There is a difference between criticizing a war, and not supporting it.

You can criticize all you want, but when your actions lead to troop demoralization
or to giving up critical means that we gather intel
or that you are trying to cut funding of the war
or you are calling the troops Commander in Chief all kinds of things including a liar
when you claim the war is unwinnable
and when you actually actively try to end the war without us attaining our desired results, or at least giving the troops enough of an opportunity to try,

when you call our enemy "partiots"

when you call the war illegal, hence calling the troops criminals

when you actively try to disqualify their votes

when you blatantly disrespect the office of their Commander in Chief

When the liberal media continuously only portraits the negative side of what is going on there

when they seek out the 1 in 50 soldier who opposes being there and give him tons of attention while ignoring the 49 who think they are doing the right thing

when you actively root for us to lose

yea, I would say that is NOT supporting the troops
The soldiers who are there, by a vast majority, respect and trust and believe in President BUsh, If you support the troops you would give their Commander in Chief the same respect.

If you supported the troops, then, even if you opposed going in, you would support the war effort til its succesful conclusion

If you support the troops you would respect THEIR desire to stay until the goals and objectives are met.

again. you are full of shit.

Anyone is capable of being against the administration's inept use of military force to attempt to carry out a failed foreign policy on one hand, and totally supporting the members of the united states military on the other.

to suggest that, criticism of the administration must stop when one soldier claims such criticism hurts his morale is laughable. Folks in uniform know that civilians back home debate foreign policy all the time. If any of them have a hard time dealing with that, they should go see they squad leader for a pep talk. Their reaction to debate at home should not cause that debate to cease.

Forum List

Back