I guess this makes perfect sense

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Alpha1, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    to boneheads
    :cuckoo:
    By JOHN HANNA, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 19 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - New military tactics in Iraq are working but the best way to honor U.S. soldiers is "by beginning to bring them home," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton told war veterans Monday.

http://tinyurl.com/3cl396

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    no...the best way to honor them is to keep them in a country where they are dying and their deaths are not serving to make us any safer, but keep waving the pom poms because they are dying at a marginally slower rate.

yeah...that makes sense.

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us..... 30K dead and wounded Americans later... a half a trillion dollars later...

yeah....let's keep them there for a long time, shall we? let's keep them there all summer dying in the streets of baghdad while the entire iraqi parliament takes a summer vacation.

yeah...that makes shitloads of sense.... if you have fallen down the rabbit hole and are talking to the cheshire cat, that is.

3. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us???
    --------------------

I keep hearing that, over and over....whats it really mean?

They've replaced the 19 fanatics that killed themselves on 9/11?

They are in total control of Afghanistan as they were on 9/11?

Are they still beating women on the streets as they were on 9/11?
    -----------------
    So Hillary's statement makes perfect sense to you?
    Well...the statement IS taken out of context and I just posted it for laughs...
    I did find it humorous...she'll say whatever she needs to depending on the audience...

4. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    http://tinyurl.com/2rg4ar

And whats this?....I don't know who the hell to believe.....

Baird sees need for longer U.S. role in Iraq

Brad Shannon
    The Olympian

U.S. Rep. Brian Baird said Thursday that his recent trip to Iraq convinced him the military needs more time in the region, and that a hasty pullout would cause chaos that helps Iran and harms U.S. security.

5. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><a href=http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0718/p99s01-duts.html>National Intelligence Estimate: Al Qaeda stronger and a threat to US homeland</a></h1></center>

The NIE, released in July, concludes that Al Qaeda has reconstituted at or above pre-9/11 levels, this in Pakistan along its border with Afghanistan. Now Chimpy McPresident DID say that countries which harbor terrorists are AS culpable as the terrorists. Unless, of course, that country has nukes, and then they're our 'ally' in the "GWOT". Unless, of course your name is 'Saddam', then all bets are off and Chimpy will invade your country and kill you just to work off his chubby for you. Get a fucking grip on something besides your privates...eh?

6. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Firstly, the politicos that visit Iraq get a brief tour with heavy armor support and air-cover. They're never there long enough to see anything more than what the administration wants them to see. Secondly, getting out of Iraq will be anything but hasty...Two years minimum, and that with insurgents sniping at our forces the whole time personnel and equipment are being transited to Kuwait for trans-shipment home. The "hasty withdrawal" mantra is just more bushco kool-aide, which you are only too happy to drink.

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Bingo twice in a row, Bullypulpit!

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    And I suppose if we pull out under a Democratic president, the bad guys will toss flowers at the troops. Talk about kool-aide!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

I am quite sure that the bad guys will be lining the road out of town with IED's regardless of the political affiliation of the commander in chief.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Exactly. There is no doubt in my mind that the extremists will do as much damage as they can if/when the troops withdraw no matter who is president at the time.

This will just be one more example of the reluctance of the United States of America to finish what it starts because the American citizen has not go the guts to see things through.

It doesn't matter that the average citizen is making no sacrifice one way or the other to see this war to a satisfactory conclusion,. The libs/anti-war crowd will sit back in their comfy homes and smugly declare what a great thing they have done for "the troops" while the enemies of this nation will not only rejoice, they will be emboldened, knowing they have an powerful ally in the lack of comittment of the US citizenry.

That last statement is the one compelling argument that convinces me that the US should NEVER AGAIN engage in ANY war regardless of the reason....period. I am firmly ensconced in the "isolationist" camp.