I guess this makes perfect sense

Alpha1

NAVY
Jun 3, 2007
to boneheads
:cuckoo:
By JOHN HANNA, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 19 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - New military tactics in Iraq are working but the best way to honor U.S. soldiers is "by beginning to bring them home," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton told war veterans Monday.

http://tinyurl.com/3cl396

no...the best way to honor them is to keep them in a country where they are dying and their deaths are not serving to make us any safer, but keep waving the pom poms because they are dying at a marginally slower rate.

yeah...that makes sense.

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us..... 30K dead and wounded Americans later... a half a trillion dollars later...

yeah....let's keep them there for a long time, shall we? let's keep them there all summer dying in the streets of baghdad while the entire iraqi parliament takes a summer vacation.

yeah...that makes shitloads of sense.... if you have fallen down the rabbit hole and are talking to the cheshire cat, that is.

no...the best way to honor them is to keep them in a country where they are dying and their deaths are not serving to make us any safer, but keep waving the pom poms because they are dying at a marginally slower rate.

yeah...that makes sense.

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us..... 30K dead and wounded Americans later... a half a trillion dollars later...

yeah....let's keep them there for a long time, shall we? let's keep them there all summer dying in the streets of baghdad while the entire iraqi parliament takes a summer vacation.

yeah...that makes shitloads of sense.... if you have fallen down the rabbit hole and are talking to the cheshire cat, that is.

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us???
--------------------

I keep hearing that, over and over....whats it really mean?

They've replaced the 19 fanatics that killed themselves on 9/11?

They are in total control of Afghanistan as they were on 9/11?

Are they still beating women on the streets as they were on 9/11?
-----------------
So Hillary's statement makes perfect sense to you?
Well...the statement IS taken out of context and I just posted it for laughs...
I did find it humorous...she'll say whatever she needs to depending on the audience...

http://tinyurl.com/2rg4ar

And whats this?....I don't know who the hell to believe.....

Baird sees need for longer U.S. role in Iraq

Brad Shannon
The Olympian

U.S. Rep. Brian Baird said Thursday that his recent trip to Iraq convinced him the military needs more time in the region, and that a hasty pullout would cause chaos that helps Iran and harms U.S. security.

our own government says that our enemies are just as strong and capable as they were the day they attacked us???
--------------------

I keep hearing that, over and over....whats it really mean?

They've replaced the 19 fanatics that killed themselves on 9/11?

They are in total control of Afghanistan as they were on 9/11?

Are they still beating women on the streets as they were on 9/11?
-----------------
So Hillary's statement makes perfect sense to you?
Well...the statement IS taken out of context and I just posted it for laughs...
I did find it humorous...she'll say whatever she needs to depending on the audience...

<center><h1><a href=http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0718/p99s01-duts.html>National Intelligence Estimate: Al Qaeda stronger and a threat to US homeland</a></h1></center>

The NIE, released in July, concludes that Al Qaeda has reconstituted at or above pre-9/11 levels, this in Pakistan along its border with Afghanistan. Now Chimpy McPresident DID say that countries which harbor terrorists are AS culpable as the terrorists. Unless, of course, that country has nukes, and then they're our 'ally' in the "GWOT". Unless, of course your name is 'Saddam', then all bets are off and Chimpy will invade your country and kill you just to work off his chubby for you. Get a fucking grip on something besides your privates...eh?

http://tinyurl.com/2rg4ar

And whats this?....I don't know who the hell to believe.....

Baird sees need for longer U.S. role in Iraq

Brad Shannon
The Olympian

U.S. Rep. Brian Baird said Thursday that his recent trip to Iraq convinced him the military needs more time in the region, and that a hasty pullout would cause chaos that helps Iran and harms U.S. security.

Firstly, the politicos that visit Iraq get a brief tour with heavy armor support and air-cover. They're never there long enough to see anything more than what the administration wants them to see. Secondly, getting out of Iraq will be anything but hasty...Two years minimum, and that with insurgents sniping at our forces the whole time personnel and equipment are being transited to Kuwait for trans-shipment home. The "hasty withdrawal" mantra is just more bushco kool-aide, which you are only too happy to drink.

Secondly, getting out of Iraq will be anything but hasty...Two years minimum, and that with insurgents sniping at our forces the whole time personnel and equipment are being transited to Kuwait for trans-shipment home. The "hasty withdrawal" mantra is just more bushco kool-aide, which you are only too happy to drink.

And I suppose if we pull out under a Democratic president, the bad guys will toss flowers at the troops. Talk about kool-aide!

And I suppose if we pull out under a Democratic president, the bad guys will toss flowers at the troops. Talk about kool-aide!

I am quite sure that the bad guys will be lining the road out of town with IED's regardless of the political affiliation of the commander in chief.

I am quite sure that the bad guys will be lining the road out of town with IED's regardless of the political affiliation of the commander in chief.

Exactly. There is no doubt in my mind that the extremists will do as much damage as they can if/when the troops withdraw no matter who is president at the time.

This will just be one more example of the reluctance of the United States of America to finish what it starts because the American citizen has not go the guts to see things through.

It doesn't matter that the average citizen is making no sacrifice one way or the other to see this war to a satisfactory conclusion,. The libs/anti-war crowd will sit back in their comfy homes and smugly declare what a great thing they have done for "the troops" while the enemies of this nation will not only rejoice, they will be emboldened, knowing they have an powerful ally in the lack of comittment of the US citizenry.

That last statement is the one compelling argument that convinces me that the US should NEVER AGAIN engage in ANY war regardless of the reason....period. I am firmly ensconced in the "isolationist" camp.

Exactly. There is no doubt in my mind that the extremists will do as much damage as they can if/when the troops withdraw no matter who is president at the time.

This will just be one more example of the reluctance of the United States of America to finish what it starts because the American citizen has not go the guts to see things through.

It doesn't matter that the average citizen is making no sacrifice one way or the other to see this war to a satisfactory conclusion,. The libs/anti-war crowd will sit back in their comfy homes and smugly declare what a great thing they have done for "the troops" while the enemies of this nation will not only rejoice, they will be emboldened, knowing they have an powerful ally in the lack of comittment of the US citizenry.

That last statement is the one compelling argument that convinces me that the US should NEVER AGAIN engage in ANY war regardless of the reason....period. I am firmly ensconced in the "isolationist" camp.

I am all for starting something I set out to finish. However, if I set out to dig a flower garden in my back yard, and the action of digging starts a giant sinkhole opening up that threatens to engulf my house, I might rethink my positioning of the garden plot and put it, instead, on the other side of the yard and fill the hole I had started digging with cement.

The president set out to disarm Saddam Hussein, depose the butcher of baghdad and receive the adulation of the Iraqi people, bestow upon them the blessings of liberty and jeffersonian democracy, have a few statues erected in his honor and march off into the history books as a great wartime president. It didn't work out that way.

In my youth, my father would make me memorize poetry and recite them to him after dinner. One poem that sticks out is "Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.... the section that seems germane:

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

I think it is safe to say that someone blundered in deciding to invade Iraq instead of concentrate on confronting Islamic extremism. Once that blunder has been recognized, it would seem that many would just as soon let the light brigade continue charging rather than call them back and have to admit they fucked up.

I am all for starting something I set out to finish. However, if I set out to dig a flower garden in my back yard, and the action of digging starts a giant sinkhole opening up that threatens to engulf my house, I might rethink my positioning of the garden plot and put it, instead, on the other side of the yard and fill the hole I had started digging with cement.

The president set out to disarm Saddam Hussein, depose the butcher of baghdad and receive the adulation of the Iraqi people, bestow upon them the blessings of liberty and jeffersonian democracy, have a few statues erected in his honor and march off into the history books as a great wartime president. It didn't work out that way.

In my youth, my father would make me memorize poetry and recite them to him after dinner. One poem that sticks out is "Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.... the section that seems germane:

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

I think it is safe to say that someone blundered in deciding to invade Iraq instead of concentrate on confronting Islamic extremism. Once that blunder has been recognized, it would seem that many would just as soon let the light brigade continue charging rather than call them back and have to admit they fucked up.

Bush's ego will never allow for that. God did, after all, tell him to invade Iraq. But to be honest the quibbledicks of both parties seem more interested in playing "Whose is biggest" instead of concentrating on the real enemy, and letting our troops continue to die as a salve to the ego of the man we call "Mr. President".

Maineman, I think you underestimate our "leaders". They didnt go into disarm Saddam or liberate...they went in because Saddam was a failed puppet who didnt deliver and we needed a friendly govt in there. Saudi wouldnt let us keep a base there, we lost Iran when they overthrew the Shah and Iraq just wasnt the client state they planned.

We wanted access to that oil, a pipeline through afghanistan, a military foothold in the region and a base to work from to get the MEFTA on track (big plans on that btw).

It is our goal to dominate the Middle east (in partnership with the Saudis of course) and Iraq is a perfect place to do it and Saddam was not cooperative.

Its also why the US really dosent mind and might even prefer to back dictators in nations, if the dictator dosent behave we can use his crimes against him to justify an attack...if the dictator plays ball with the US..we can just be silent, claim to be "working on it", or just claim ignorance (we didnt know)...whatever seems most advantageous at the time.

As far as the ones who designed the war, they are acheiving their goals. They do have control over the oil and its revenues, they have opened Iraq up to corporate interests. We are building a permanant base and lavish embassy. We just havent achieved a "good puppet" regime and we arent able to get the people to stop resisting....those are the big hitches now.

I dont think the US govt will care that this will keep us in a constant state of conflict of war, occupation and terrorism. Afterall, that just feeds the military industrial complex, it gives jobs to people as soldiers and helps us hide a ton of theft and corruption under the chaos. It provides a reason for our continued presence as well.

There is also very quiet talk about the pipeline to Israel from Iraq...watch for that too in the coming years. Israel is also linked to the MEFTA plans with the World bank that will help feed their economy too. There are also issues about water that are going to go under the radar.

There are numerous purposes and goals going on here and what the media and admin talks about are just designed to distract from all the very real issues.

Maineman, I think you underestimate our "leaders". They didnt go into disarm Saddam or liberate...they went in because Saddam was a failed puppet who didnt deliver and we needed a friendly govt in there. Saudi wouldnt let us keep a base there, we lost Iran when they overthrew the Shah and Iraq just wasnt the client state they planned.

We wanted access to that oil, a pipeline through afghanistan, a military foothold in the region and a base to work from to get the MEFTA on track (big plans on that btw).

It is our goal to dominate the Middle east (in partnership with the Saudis of course) and Iraq is a perfect place to do it and Saddam was not cooperative.

Its also why the US really dosent mind and might even prefer to back dictators in nations, if the dictator dosent behave we can use his crimes against him to justify an attack...if the dictator plays ball with the US..we can just be silent, claim to be "working on it", or just claim ignorance (we didnt know)...whatever seems most advantageous at the time.

As far as the ones who designed the war, they are acheiving their goals. They do have control over the oil and its revenues, they have opened Iraq up to corporate interests. We are building a permanant base and lavish embassy. We just havent achieved a "good puppet" regime and we arent able to get the people to stop resisting....those are the big hitches now.

I dont think the US govt will care that this will keep us in a constant state of conflict of war, occupation and terrorism. Afterall, that just feeds the military industrial complex, it gives jobs to people as soldiers and helps us hide a ton of theft and corruption under the chaos. It provides a reason for our continued presence as well.

There is also very quiet talk about the pipeline to Israel from Iraq...watch for that too in the coming years. Israel is also linked to the MEFTA plans with the World bank that will help feed their economy too. There are also issues about water that are going to go under the radar.

There are numerous purposes and goals going on here and what the media and admin talks about are just designed to distract from all the very real issues.

Why don't you go ahead and explain the real issues to us ?

yeah...that makes sense.

I C diarehhia brains is still possting with usual stupidity.

Flowers...? Not bloody likely. IED's, RPG's , mortar fire, rockets. small arms fire...those will be the accompaniment to the withdrawal of US forces. Pretty much the same thing our troops experience now.

Who's Bunder Would That Be?

&#8220;Saddam&#8217;s goal &#8230; is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq&#8217;s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.&#8221;&#8212;Madeline Albright, 1998:eusa_liar:

&#8220;The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.&#8221;&#8212;Bill Clinton in 1998:eusa_think:

&#8220;Saddam Hussein&#8217;s regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal.&#8221;&#8212;John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002:eusa_doh:

&#8220;Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq&#8217;s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.&#8221;&#8212;Al Gore, 2002:question:

&#8220;There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein&#8217;s regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.&#8221;&#8212;Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002:rolleyes:

:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back