I guess Obama forgot his promises

Guess we'll see in Nov.

Guess we will.

My hope is that a white knight comes out of center field and takes 80% of the electoral vote. And I don't care what color skin the white knight has as long as it is not green or purple.

Immie

it's not going to happen.

as for this thread,... the president could walk on water, the o/p would still hate him.

so more useless nonsense from the wingnut.

Oh believe me, I know it isn't going to happen, but I doubt there are few people in this country that will disagree that the options we have are piss poor at best and that someone not affiliated with and indebted to either party would probably be a better option.

Immie

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he failed

He sold out his promise to end the Bush tax cuts just because of a sill Republican temper tantrum. If he had any balls, he would have allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire.

"Balls" had nothing to do with it, Winger. I'm quite sure that Barry was told by both Larry Summers and Christina Romer that as much as they would have both LOVED to have raised taxes on the rich (being the little progressives that they are...) that doing so in a weak economy was a recipe for a double dip recession.

Obama COULDN'T let the Bush tax cuts expire because his stimulus plan didn't do squat to stimulate the economy.

Yeah, whos idea was it to make half of the stimulus tax cuts? And why didnt Obama, the intolerant Marxist dictator, listen to those guys since you know, he ignores those guys so hard and all?

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he failed

He sold out his promise to end the Bush tax cuts just because of a sill Republican temper tantrum. If he had any balls, he would have allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire.

"Balls" had nothing to do with it, Winger. I'm quite sure that Barry was told by both Larry Summers and Christina Romer that as much as they would have both LOVED to have raised taxes on the rich (being the little progressives that they are...) that doing so in a weak economy was a recipe for a double dip recession.

Obama COULDN'T let the Bush tax cuts expire because his stimulus plan didn't do squat to stimulate the economy.

Yeah, whos idea was it to make half of the stimulus tax cuts? And why didnt Obama, the intolerant Marxist dictator, listen to those guys since you know, he ignores those guys so hard and all?

Barry gave us all a couple hundred bucks so he could claim that he'd kept his campaign promise to lower taxes for 95% of Americans...while at the same time he's got the Fed printing so much money that whatever we've got in the bank is worth 20% less than it was three years ago. That's my biggest problem with Obama, Closed...he does things not because it's good policy...he does it because he thinks it will help him get reelected. The Buffett Rule is a perfect example. While millions of Americans are out of work, Obama is spending his time pushing a tax increase on the wealthy that would bring in enough money to pay for our government for a few DAYS...and if that's not absurd enough by itself...he knows that the GOP controlled House will never vote for it. So why is he even wasting his time with that nonsense? Because he thinks it's a great "populist" issue that he can run on. That's not leadership. If you're out of work right now and spending your life's savings keeping a roof over your head, you've got to be looking at what's going on inside the Beltway and just pulling your hair out.

Barry gave us all a couple hundred bucks so he could claim that he'd kept his campaign promise to lower taxes for 95% of Americans...while at the same time he's got the Fed printing so much money that whatever we've got in the bank is worth 20% less than it was three years ago. That's my biggest problem with Obama, Closed...he does things not because it's good policy...he does it because he thinks it will help him get reelected. The Buffett Rule is a perfect example. While millions of Americans are out of work, Obama is spending his time pushing a tax increase on the wealthy that would bring in enough money to pay for our government for a few DAYS...and if that's not absurd enough by itself...he knows that the GOP controlled House will never vote for it. So why is he even wasting his time with that nonsense? Because he thinks it's a great "populist" issue that he can run on. That's not leadership. If you're out of work right now and spending your life's savings keeping a roof over your head, you've got to be looking at what's going on inside the Beltway and just pulling your hair out.

The problem you have is that no matter what Obama does you believe it's for a nefarious reason.

Who's idea was it to make half the stimulus tax breaks? And why didnt Obama the divider go along with it?

So he KNEW that both sides wouldn't come to an agreement? And proof of that is where exactly?

The proof is in me giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he's a man with common sense.

What could he have taken a look at in either party that would lead him to thinking he could cut the deficit in half so quickly?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he was lying. Only a complete idiot would think he could actually cut the deficit in half so quickly.

So no proof, but he should have known the future. Seems reasonable :doubt:

I'm not sure how I can provide proof of what's going on in his brain, I'm certain he knew though, because he's a smart guy and not an idiot. Odd that you support someone unconditionally, while simultaneously thinking he's an ignoramus.

Can't simultaneously have a plan of skyrocketing spending, cutting taxes, and cutting the budget in half. The math doesn't work, he knew that, but he lied to look good on the campaign trail. Don't worry I know the other side does it just as much as your heros do.

Obama can cut the deficit all by himself?

Well, we certainly can't expect the Rs to help by not filibustering, obstructing and sabotaging the US economy.

And don't expect rw's to notice that the Rs lied AGAIN about holding the peons hostage to their plan to rob us blind while lining their own pockets.

Fact is, the R congress has stopped every bill that would create jobs or help our economy in any way.

The proof is in me giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he's a man with common sense.

What could he have taken a look at in either party that would lead him to thinking he could cut the deficit in half so quickly?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he was lying. Only a complete idiot would think he could actually cut the deficit in half so quickly.

I'm not sure how I can provide proof of what's going on in his brain, I'm certain he knew though, because he's a smart guy and not an idiot. Odd that you support someone unconditionally, while simultaneously thinking he's an ignoramus.

Can't simultaneously have a plan of skyrocketing spending, cutting taxes, and cutting the budget in half. The math doesn't work, he knew that, but he lied to look good on the campaign trail. Don't worry I know the other side does it just as much as your heros do.

I think he was hoping that both sides can come to an agreement. Should I get mad at him because things didnt happen the way he thought it would?

I think he was hoping that both sides can come to an agreement. Should I get mad at him because things didnt happen the way he thought it would?

Depends if you bought his bs about cutting the deficit in half, seems you did. If you did buy that bs, no you shouldn't be mad at him.

I have to say, I think that is mularky. There is no way anyone even you can convince me that he thought both sides could or would come to an agreement. He made the claim that he would cut the deficit in half knowing full well he was full of shit, but that a very large percentage of Americans would believe him.

He was yanking their chains and they bought it.

Immie

I have to say, I think that is mularky. There is no way anyone even you can convince me that he thought both sides could or would come to an agreement. He made the claim that he would cut the deficit in half knowing full well he was full of shit, but that a very large percentage of Americans would believe him.

Immie

Immie, in order for it to be a lie Obama would have to have KNOWN the future. If you are only working with "I think he knew" that isnt a lie, thats an assumption on your part. Isnt that what this is? At least be honest about it

Immie

Immie, in order for it to be a lie Obama would have to have KNOWN the future. If you are only working with "I think he knew" that isnt a lie, thats an assumption on your part. Isnt that what this is? At least be honest about it

Oh come on CC, you can't honestly believe that he didn't know what he promised was a statistical impossibility. He knew it and if he didn't then we elected a bigger idiot than most conservatives suspect.

He was pandering for votes and he caught a hell of a lot of people like Peggy Joseph without even trying.

The Golden State Warriors have more of a chance of winning the NBA Championship this year than he did at cutting the deficit in half in three years and by the way, in case you follow the NBA as closely as I do, I looked, the Warriors didn't make the playoffs once again.

Immie

Immie

Yes he should've (and did) known the future. I know the sun is going to come up tomorrow, i.e. the future, doesn't make me Miss Cleo or anything. It just means I'm not an idiot, neither is Obama.

oh yeah, the sun is just like members of congress, riiight

Their inability to slash deficits while skyrocketing spending and decreasing taxes is as easy to predict as the sun coming up. Especially when you factor in partisan bickering.

Their inability to slash deficits while skyrocketing spending and decreasing taxes is as easy to predict as the sun coming up. Especially when you factor in partisan bickering.

So, lets sum this up, Obama shouldve known that congress wouldnt agree on anything and because of that he shouldve hedged his bets and never hoped or expected anything different.

Great! That makes total sense, except what if he did that? Oh right, you'd be here in a thread that points out Obama didnt mention the deficit!!

Oh noes! Obama should do everything and nothing all at the same time then and only then you would not have a complaint. :doubt:

So, lets sum this up, Obama shouldve known that congress wouldnt agree on anything and because of that he shouldve hedged his bets and never hoped or expected anything different.

Great! That makes total sense, except what if he did that? Oh right, you'd be here in a thread that points out Obama didnt mention the deficit!!

Oh noes! Obama should do everything and nothing all at the same time then and only then you would not have a complaint. :doubt:

Alright, you win. Your strategy of sarcasm and playing dumb has worked.

Yes Obama should've, and did, know that he couldn't slash the deficit while skyrocketing spending, cutting taxes, and working in a 2 party system.

He lies because it gets him more money and more votes, every politician does it. I'm not pointing anything out about your hero that doesn't apply to every other bought off politician in Washington. He's just the same as them, despite what you think.

Forum List

Back