I guess Obama forgot his promises

Obama can cut the deficit all by himself?
He campaigned he could :eusa_shhh:

Yes he did.

He also said if he couldn't do it in his first term he didn't deserve another.

Of course that was horseshit as he's running for that second term.

Hope and Change my ass.

Neither did he expect that the Republicans would give him Mitt Romney as a gift in the middle of 2012. He could not have asked for a better vote of confidence from the GOP than that.

Immie

Guess we'll see in Nov.

Guess we will.

My hope is that a white knight comes out of center field and takes 80% of the electoral vote. And I don't care what color skin the white knight has as long as it is not green or purple.

Immie

No, I think he meant he would be able to get reps and dems to work together and get it done. He knew that wouldn't be possible to cut the deficit like that, but said so anyways. Why? To pander and get votes because certain people buy into that bs.

So they didnt work together and thats Obama's fault oh honest one?

No, his lying for saying he could get something done, that he knew he couldn't is what's his fault.

The deficit is both parties faults. Every rep and dem in every part of gov't who had a hand in it.

So he KNEW that both sides wouldn't come to an agreement? And proof of that is where exactly?

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he failed

He sold out his promise to end the Bush tax cuts just because of a sill Republican temper tantrum. If he had any balls, he would have allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire.

It wasn't up to him to let the Bush tax cuts expire. And even Obama knew that raising taxes during a serious economic downturn would kill any growth in the economy.

Apparently it was not a serious option and still isn't.

So they didnt work together and thats Obama's fault oh honest one?

No, his lying for saying he could get something done, that he knew he couldn't is what's his fault.

The deficit is both parties faults. Every rep and dem in every part of gov't who had a hand in it.

So he KNEW that both sides wouldn't come to an agreement? And proof of that is where exactly?

The proof is in me giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he's a man with common sense.

What could he have taken a look at in either party that would lead him to thinking he could cut the deficit in half so quickly?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he was lying. Only a complete idiot would think he could actually cut the deficit in half so quickly.

The proof is in me giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he's a man with common sense.

What could he have taken a look at in either party that would lead him to thinking he could cut the deficit in half so quickly?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he was lying. Only a complete idiot would think he could actually cut the deficit in half so quickly.

And he counted on that as being a fact. He took a gamble on the fact that when it comes to politics there are a hell of a lot of complete idiots like Peggy Joseph out there. He was right.

Immie

You think he meant he would do it by himself?

No, I think he meant he would be able to get reps and dems to work together and get it done. He knew that wouldn't be possible to cut the deficit like that, but said so anyways. Why? To pander and get votes because certain people buy into that bs.

So they didn't work together and that's Obama's fault oh honest one?

The only real power any President has is the power of persuasion. The way for a chief executive to persuade others to follow his leadership is to talk to them. Obama chose to completely ignore the minority party for his first two years in office. Now he expects them to pass his liberal proposals and even some in his own party are turning on him. No other President in recent memory has been that arrogant or that ignorant.

Last edited:

So no proof, but he should have known the future. Seems reasonable :doubt:

@ too tall...

Whose idea was it to make 50% of the stimulus tax breaks? And how did Obama pass it if he's been ignoring them?

Since he used neither the word "plan" nor "Hope", what would you call a pledge?

“That’s why today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office.” – Barack Obama, February 2009.

Immie

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he failed

He sold out his promise to end the Bush tax cuts just because of a sill Republican temper tantrum. If he had any balls, he would have allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire.

"Balls" had nothing to do with it, Winger. I'm quite sure that Barry was told by both Larry Summers and Christina Romer that as much as they would have both LOVED to have raised taxes on the rich (being the little progressives that they are...) that doing so in a weak economy was a recipe for a double dip recession.

Obama COULDN'T let the Bush tax cuts expire because his stimulus plan didn't do squat to stimulate the economy.

Guess we'll see in Nov.

Guess we will.

My hope is that a white knight comes out of center field and takes 80% of the electoral vote. And I don't care what color skin the white knight has as long as it is not green or purple.

Immie

it's not going to happen.

as for this thread,... the president could walk on water, the o/p would still hate him.

so more useless nonsense from the wingnut.

Forum List

Back