I guess Obama forgot his promises

When you knowingly lie while making a promise are you held to holding up that promise? Or does lying just make you an asshole?

On the bright side, I had a little bet with a liberal friend of mine about this very issue. Pay day is a-comin'! :lol: Like takin' candy from a baby.

All politicians pull the same tricks...

Lie to get elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie to get re-elected...
Lie 'til ya die!

If Obama had support from his party and they respected his decision making abilities--Cutting the deficit would have been easy for him.

Unfortunately, it seemed like the Democrats just used Obama any way they wanted and now they are abandoning him in droves. Poor Obama, right?

Wrong--he should have built up that concensus before he won the election. If the support was not there, how could he conceive making such a promise? So it was politics all along.

Obama can cut the deficit all by himself?

So you're saying he lied, right?

Sure if he alone has the power to do it and didnt. yeah, that would be a lie.

My question is can he reduce the deficit by himself without the other 2 branches of govt?

So now you're saying that the GOP is the reason, Obama didn't reduce the deficit? REALLY?

With all due respect, Closed...that's grade A horseshit and you know it. First of all Obama was working with super majorities until Scott Brown go elected...what deficit reduction took place during THAT time period? Since then the GOP controlled House has sent deficit reduction legislation to the Senate only to have Harry Reid refuse to let it come to the floor. Has Barack Obama called Harry into the Oval Office to scold him over this?

The truth is...when he HAD the power...he did nothing. Now that he doesn't he's STILL doing nothing while blaming the other side.

Last edited:
I guess Obama forgot his promises

yep just like most all politicians did.
Bush was going to cut spending, smaller govt, no US police force for the world and was against nation building.

Just like the Tea Party in congress did.

Just lke the next president will no matter who it is.

He didn't really promise, he just read someone else's words off a teleprompter and sometimes he just reads without even realizing what he is saying. Remember the time he accidentally read someone elses lines at a function and thanked himself for coming? He misread his own wife's name once and called her 'Michael.'

The campaign promises were just strolling words on a machine, but I do think we should hold him to his promise of being a one termer if he didn't cut the deficit in half. He might not have meant it, like the thing about no tax increases for those making $250,000 or less, but TOTUS made him say it and we heard it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back