I guess I'll just say HI.... I'm independent....

Welcome to the USMB.

And it doesn't confuse people, there's just very few on the left who will believe you. If you criticize this menstruation -- no matter how fair or factually correct the criticism is, you're a "right wing extremist."

There are some on the right who might not believe also MM.

That said Welcome from one noob to another.
I haven't ran into any of those as yet.

I've gotten some hate mail from a few "conservatives" in here...not as much as the liberals but I get some.

I can't help it if I liked Clinton's Balanced budget and hate obama's defecit spending more than I hated Bush's defecit spending.

I can't help that I dont trust the govt with my health care

I can't help that I hate the patriot act.

I can't help that the republicans in congress annoy me as much as the democrats.

Its not my fault i try to see things through reason and not ideology.

Ok time for someone to STFU :lol:

There are some on the right who might not believe also MM.

That said Welcome from one noob to another.
I haven't ran into any of those as yet.

I have and here was where it happened recently. My political changes have been questioned. I will not call myself a conservative because the ones that do are today an embarrassment to this country. Mostly in government but also some who have crossed my path on message boards.

Rejecting what passes for modern day conservatism does not make one a liberal as some might believe. There are many shades of gray in between the two warring political factions.

I can't help it if I liked Clinton's Balanced budget
Technically it wasn't his. He obeyed the law which WAS the budget be balanced. He used the tools given to accomplish this, such as line-item veto. These of course were taken away from him and all future Presidents late in his last term, by the courts.

The "credit" for Clinton's "surplus" goes to Gramm-Rudman, Line-Item veto and of course the very strict Paygo they had back then. Clinton was just along for the ride.

Thanks guys.... Clinton never really had a "surplus" -- only a "projected surplus" which never really happened.

Welcome to the USMB.

And it doesn't confuse people, there's just very few on the left who will believe you. If you criticize this menstruation -- no matter how fair or factually correct the criticism is, you're a "right wing extremist."

But of course you'll never see any criticism of "left wing extremists".... Uh huh... Right MM?

Love,
MM

Welcome Harlow -- Yes, we're all "independents" (some to the left and some to the right, though, with a sprinkling of rabidity from both).

Thanks guys.... Clinton never really had a "surplus" -- only a "projected surplus" which never really happened.

He almost reduced the defecit to zero though, best i've seen in my lifetime of 7 presidents.
HE DID NOT!!!!!

Congress and the LAW did! Clinton merely obeyed the law!

Hmmm, you'll need to explain that, then. If things were that simple, then why wasn't the Bush Administration also forced to follow the law?

You can claim 'til pigs fly that Clinton was simply the lapdog for his Republican Congress, but in fact, it was because they reached compromises behind closed doors (often in the wee hours of the morning), and didn't waste precious time grandstanding on C-Span. Instead, they got things done! And did so in spite of a few hotheads out for Clinton's hide and determined to *get him* no matter what. In the end, of course, it was Henry HYDE who almost succeeded.

But of course you'll never see any criticism of "left wing extremists".... Uh huh... Right MM?
That's correct, left wing extremists such as yourself would never criticize Obama or this miserable excuse for a Congress.:eusa_whistle:

I've criticized him when due. I've been highly critical of Congress. Maybe we don't post in the same threads that often. Hint: I despise Nancy Pelosi more than Laura Ingraham does.

The fact that I'm willing to give this administration more than a six-month test hardly qualifies me as a left-wing extremist, my friend.

He almost reduced the defecit to zero though, best i've seen in my lifetime of 7 presidents.
HE DID NOT!!!!!

Congress and the LAW did! Clinton merely obeyed the law!

Hmmm, you'll need to explain that, then. If things were that simple, then why wasn't the Bush Administration also forced to follow the law?
Because it WASN'T the fucking LAW by then anymore, you stupid, insufferable, uneducated twit! I have explained this to you more than once!

Gramm-Rudman and Line-Item veto were struck down by the DEM dominated Supreme Court of the time. And as soon as that happened, Congress went WILD with the spending, starting in Clinton's LAST year of service. Then during Bush's term, they marginalized Paygo until it had NO teeth at all, blaming Booooosh for it the entire time, and STILL haven't even tried to bring it back in any meaningful way.

Clinton OBEYED the law and enjoyed more power over fiscal matters than any President before or since. I give him credit for obeying the law.

Before Gramm-Rudman and Line-Item veto, in Clinton's first 2 years? He was spending like a drunken sailor. Just like what you see now with Obama and this Congress. The voters back then KICKED the dems OUT of Congress over it, and we got G-R and Line-Item as a result.

Monica, you like sucking Obama's dick and Clinton's at the same time?

That's correct, left wing extremists such as yourself would never criticize Obama or this miserable excuse for a Congress.:eusa_whistle:

I've criticized him when due. I've been highly critical of Congress. Maybe we don't post in the same threads that often. Hint: I despise Nancy Pelosi more than Laura Ingraham does.

The fact that I'm willing to give this administration more than a six-month test hardly qualifies me as a left-wing extremist, my friend.

*ponders the Pelosi story vid* :tongue:

Forum List

Back