I guess I should introduce myself

Caducus

Rookie
Jul 29, 2012
Greetings lots of people I will never meet. I needed to find a way to discuss politics that was intelligent and didn't completely alienate my friends beyond the few that already defriended me on facebook based off of my attempts to have an actual discussion that didn't revolve around name calling and the extreme ends of the political spectrum. I did some googling and a little lurking and figured this place could be a good place to start.

Personally I tend to a combination of liberal and libertarian views, and am strangely optimistic about what we can be as a country. I often learn as a result of vigorous debate, so I look forward to people disagreeing with me, because the more ideas I throw at the wall the more I can identify which ones I actually relate too. I have high hopes that this board can actually fill a gap since my social circle is kind of down on political discussion, so here goes nothing.

Thank you both, here is hoping for some interesting conversation, I just hope to avoid the trolls I ran into on other sites as much as possible.

Thank you both, here is hoping for some interesting conversation, I just hope to avoid the trolls I ran into on other sites as much as possible.

There are tons of trolls here, but you find out who they are very quickly.

As long as there are a few willing to have actual discussions then it may be worth it, I am tired of the political discussion being only about buzz words, its like governing by least common denominator, politics is so damn complex it shouldn't be reduced to one sentence quotes taken out of context.

Greetings lots of people I will never meet. I needed to find a way to discuss politics that was intelligent and didn't completely alienate my friends beyond the few that already defriended me on facebook based off of my attempts to have an actual discussion that didn't revolve around name calling and the extreme ends of the political spectrum. I did some googling and a little lurking and figured this place could be a good place to start.

Personally I tend to a combination of liberal and libertarian views, and am strangely optimistic about what we can be as a country. I often learn as a result of vigorous debate, so I look forward to people disagreeing with me, because the more ideas I throw at the wall the more I can identify which ones I actually relate too. I have high hopes that this board can actually fill a gap since my social circle is kind of down on political discussion, so here goes nothing.

If you truly are interested in having discussions about events of the day, and if you modus operandi is to dicuss issued based on facts rather than inflammatory partisan bickering and character assassination then you are going to be somewhat disappointed by this place, too.

Still, as it pertains to discussion current topics, this place probably is better than FB.

There really are a few right wingers and a few left wingers who understand how to disagree without being disagreeable.

You just need to wade past the flaming tripe of the many partisan morons posting here to find those posts.

Welcome aboard.

hi. do you have a death wish or something...or just stating the obvious?

"Liberal and libertarian," how does that work?

"Liberal and libertarian," how does that work?

Pro legalization of drugs, and anti-military? :eusa_whistle:

***WELCOME***Caducus.

Pro Legalization, pro-military, pro-equality, and pro-efficient government ... like I said its complicated

Welcome, I'm also relatively new here and I am also interested in conversations that involve more than name calling. I like good political debates where I can learn something as well. So maybe we can engage in some good discussion.

Glad to see you here.

Forum List

Back