I gots my diploma in the mail today - all the way from youesey!

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
I just had to share it - because it makes me feel so...nice. I understand that bachelor's degree is nothing special to brag about, but to me it represents a successful conclusion to not only an educational journey, but also journey of self-discovery.

I'm proud of myself, folks! It feels so good to hold a proof of your accomplishment in your own hands...even though it is just a piece of paper. I could cry right now... thinking of all the shit I went through while I put myself through school... But I won't because this is a time to celebrate and laugh all the previous problems away - forever.

:party:

I just had to share it - because it makes me feel so...nice. I understand that bachelor's degree is nothing special to brag about, but to me it represents a successful conclusion to not only an educational journey, but also journey of self-discovery.

I'm proud of myself, folks! It feels so good to hold a proof of your accomplishment in your own hands...even though it is just a piece of paper. I could cry right now... thinking of all the shit I went through while I put myself through school... But I won't because this is a time to celebrate and laugh all the previous problems away - forever.

Congratulations! Good job. :)

Congratulations!

I hope it helps you succeed wherever your travels take you.

Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

:clap2:

Congrats, and have a few :beer: on me, and then a few :booze: while you're at it! :D

Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

:clap2:

Congrats, and have a few :beer: on me, and then a few :booze: while you're at it! :D

Thanks, sista! :) I sure will!

Nothing special to brag about? I have to disagree. Let me state that a parchment isn't about the superiority of the person, it doesn't make them better than someone who doesn't possess one. But it is an attestation of that person's intellectual abilities and character and evidence of their educational achievements.

Congratulations :)

Congratulations!!! I know just how you feel. I got my Bachelor's Degree in the mail too. I was in the Navy and on a deployment when I graduated from George Washington University. Along came this big envelope and in it was my degree. Being stationed on a small FF at the time, word got around pretty quickly on the ship. The XO came to Sick Bay and took control of the degree and I was awarded it officially at the next Awards Ceremony onboard in front of the crew. It was sort of like going to a real college graduation ceremony but not really. It took me six years to get my BA because of deployments and other set backs due to the military way of life but it was worth the hard work at the time. So, knowing just how you feel, I congratulate you loudly. Good work.:clap2:

Thank you for the kind words everyone! :) I'll be celebrating especially when I'm home with my family - in 3 days! Can't wait!

Forum List

Back