I got invited to a pot luck, share your easy to make recipes

My friend spent the night last night and instead of making the beet recipe we made zucchini noodles with italian seasoning and tomatos, it was SO GOOD!!! Not for a potluck but great for a pothead :lol: she was really stoned and we went to wal mart and she bought all this good munchie shit but we at the noodles instead.

We watched Seth Rogan in the movie the night before, it was weird but had funny parts.

http://www.prouditaliancook.com/2014/07/zucchini-noodles-slow-roasted-cherry-tomatoes-cream.html

spiral1-Copy.jpg

Herbed Shrimp Dip
Ingredients
    • 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, unpeeled
    • 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
    • 1 shallot, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1 cup sour cream
    • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Preparation
    1. Bring medium saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. Add shrimp and cook just until bright pink and opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water. Peel and devein shrimp; transfer to processor. Add green onions, shallot, and tarragon; using on/off turns, process until shrimp are finely chopped. Transfer shrimp mixture to medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)

Sounds like fun, but I don't do pot lucks. I have no clue what conditions the food is cooked under and am too paranoid to eat anything out of someone elses kitchen that is not checked via the health department.

My sister also made an amazing shrimp curry rice dish...

Rice a roni (chicken flavor) curry, shrimp, cashews...I don't remember what else. Oh yeah! Artichoke hearts! But it is amazing.

My sister also made an amazing shrimp curry rice dish...

Rice a roni (chicken flavor) curry, shrimp, cashews...I don't remember what else. Oh yeah! Artichoke hearts! But it is amazing.

We made that pastry puff with beets, it was good but not exceptional. My friend loved it a lot, but I was like meh it's good but not like I want it again. :dunno:

Do you think that beet thing would have been better on a different type of bread?

I went to the Cheesecake Factory this weekend for lunch and had the Ratatouille Toast--which was awesome. Since then, I have been thinking about duplicating it and maybe playing around with other stuff.

Forum List

Back