I Got Food Stamps and So Can You!

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
I was looking up to see if an Photo Id was required for Food Stamps and came across this article. Judging the article by the title I read it with a dim view of the author.
After I finished reading it, I have a totally different opinion of her.
Give it a chance and read it, she makes some great points.
I Got Food Stamps and So Can You! | TheCollegeConservative

BTW, no you don't need a photo id for food stamps

I was looking up to see if an Photo Id was required for Food Stamps and came across this article. Judging the article by the title I read it with a dim view of the author.
After I finished reading it, I have a totally different opinion of her.
Give it a chance and read it, she makes some great points.
I Got Food Stamps and So Can You! | TheCollegeConservative

BTW, no you don't need a photo id for food stamps

Yep, it's just that EASY... :eusa_shifty:

Funny thing is, My wife has applied on our Behave before, and we make just a little to much. Yet Struggle every month to make ends meet.

I swear sometimes I think we would be better of not working. What is the point of Busting your ass to make just enough to not qualify for help, but not enough to not be 1 Bad Month Away from Bankruptcy.

If the people in the young lady's state have an issue with how their social services are being run, they should take that up with their state legislatures, no?

Funny thing is, My wife has applied on our Behave before, and we make just a little to much. Yet Struggle every month to make ends meet.

I swear sometimes I think we would be better of not working. What is the point of Busting your ass to make just enough to not qualify for help, but not enough to not be 1 Bad Month Away from Bankruptcy.

What are your skills? Can you become a job creator? Independence is a wonderful thing.

What are your skills? Can you become a job creator? Independence is a wonderful thing.
Criminals are job creators. they increase the need for prison construction, maintence and guards.

then you should be a big proponent of requiring employers to pay a living wage and for other policies that bolster the middle class.

You have self respect.

And your situation should tell you something right there. How much money do you think that recipients make in the first place, if they even qualify? And it's not like what they're getting is significant amounts of money. What was it, you, your wife, and two kids maybe? You're probably looking at $600 a month if you had qualified for food stamps. You think you and your family would ever live in any kind of luxury on $600 worth of food stamps as your monthly income?

independence is an ok thing.

i prefer being employed. when i had my practice i started every month paying $2,100 for health insurance for a 'small group'. that policy had a $1,000 deductible and then only paid 80% of 'reasonable and customary' medical.

and i promise you that 'reasonable and customary' wasn't based on what medical care costs in NYC.

then there was rent for my office space;

receptionist

paralegal

supplies/services

telephone

professional associations and fees

and all that was before my personal expenses... like maintenance, phones, cable, etc... at home.

i didn't have a real vacation the entire time i worked for myself. every day i was out of the office, i spent 2 hours on the phone with clients and co-workers, not to mention the calls on weekends, nights, holidays from clients.

I had 5 weeks of maternity leave... after which a judge in NYSupreme refused to give me an adjournment on a case and i had to go back to work.

i have a life now.

if being independent is so great, why are you always complaining that you're hurting for money. i'm not saying that to be facetious, btw.

Criminals are job creators. they increase the need for prison construction, maintence and guards.

I am an ex-con and a job creator. I take offense to your statement. I paid my debt. I contribute more than many now do.

I am an ex-con and a job creator. I take offense to your statement. I paid my debt. I contribute more than many now do.

My statement was accurate. No specific person was targeted. Sorry you got piffled and felt special.

I have never even gotten a traffic ticket so I am not a crime based job creator.
I have no debt to pay.

i prefer being employed. when i had my practice i started every month paying $2,100 for health insurance for a 'small group'. that policy had a $1,000 deductible and then only paid 80% of 'reasonable and customary' medical.

and i promise you that 'reasonable and customary' wasn't based on what medical care costs in NYC.

receptionist

paralegal

supplies/services

telephone

and all that was before my personal expenses... like maintenance, phones, cable, etc... at home.

i didn't have a real vacation the entire time i worked for myself. every day i was out of the office, i spent 2 hours on the phone with clients and co-workers, not to mention the calls on weekends, nights, holidays from clients.

I had 5 weeks of maternity leave... after which a judge in NYSupreme refused to give me an adjournment on a case and i had to go back to work.

i have a life now.

if being independent is so great, why are you always complaining that you're hurting for money. i'm not saying that to be facetious, btw.

I think the field of expertise has a lot to do with it. Doctors, lawyers etc all have a huge burden. They screw up peoples lives are drastically altered. My job, although skilled, is by far easier and far less stressful.

And by the way Jill, I've never complained about money. I'm worried about the future of my business, nothing more. I've invested 23 years of my life into it. I don't want to be a failure.

receptionist

paralegal

supplies/services

telephone

i have a life now.

I think the field of expertise has a lot to do with it. Doctors, lawyers etc all have a huge burden. They screw up peoples lives are drastically altered. My job, although skilled, is by far easier and far less stressful.

i never screwed up anyone's lives.

what i found was that people have no boundaries and think their attorneys are on call 24/7

they get resentful when we aren't.

my biggest mistake was giving my clients my cell number.

and you still didn't answer my question.. if independence is so great, why are you always complaining about money?

My statement was accurate. No specific person was targeted. Sorry you got piffled and felt special.

I have never even gotten a traffic ticket so I am not a crime based job creator.
I have no debt to pay.

Whatever. You know the difference between most people and criminals of small time offences? The criminals got caught.

And by the way Jill, I've never complained about money. I'm worried about the future of my business, nothing more. I've invested 23 years of my life into it. I don't want to be a failure.

fair enough.

i'd point out, though, that yours is a service business...and the services you provide are discretionary to the purchaser. you need a strong economy...with high demand among all sectors... not just among the top 1%

Forum List

Back