I get emotional each time I hear Jack Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
deliver this speech in a Dragnet 1967 ep on what it is like to be a cop - something like - ( at the end of 10 minutes) a thankless, glamourlous job that needs to be done - and I'm damned glad to be one of them'

Forget about Jack Webb. He had a stick up his ass.
Kojack was the best TV cop ever.

Dragnet ep was when a rookie cop (Kent McCord) was wrongly accused of corruption - and Friday and Gannan were doing the investigation.

Good stuff - on par when The Fugitive( David Jansen) was cleared in the final 2 part episode. (The Judgement)

They knew how to do TV back then.

Cops have a hell of a hard job.

Thanks for serving your community

Last edited:
Lord (McGarett ) hated the bad guys.

You could hear the anger in his voice when he said "book them"

Dragnet ep was when a rookie cop (Kent McCord) was wrongly accused of corruption - and Friday and Gannan were doing the investigation.

Good stuff - on par when The Fugitive( David Jansen) was cleared in the final 2 part episode. (The Judgement)

Was he the same character as Adam 12?

deliver this speech in a Dragnet 1967 ep on what it is like to be a cop - something like - ( at the end of 10 minutes) a thankless, glamourlous job that needs to be done - and I'm damned glad to be one of them'

Are you an Ohio senator?

Was he the same character as Adam 12?

Yeah - Kent McCord was in Adam 12 - along with sidekick Martin Milner (around 80 today)

feel old

You guys need to watch the PBS series "Pioneers of Television". The episode on crime drama was made for you.

And yes, Jack Webb was the best.

Watched it last night

I liked Columbo and Rockford

Webb was like a cardboard character

Got that particular Dragnet ep on VHS.

Freaking goodstuff.................................................

About a non-stop 15 min sermon by Webb

(did you see that skit he had on the Tonite Show with Johnny Carson - hilarious - about repeatingthe same nameover and over again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back