I generally think Christianity is a postive influence on society

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
1) Most modern religions preach moral perfection and have a code that people should follow. That would include Islam.

2) Every single one of these religions don't preach compassion for sinners as it's cornerstone. Christianity seems to do that which is why I think Christianity (when preached right) has a positive affect on individuals.

3) I'm not religious. It is just something I've noticed sometimes when people become forgiving and compassionate towards people who have done wrong. They just become nicer and less angry towards their fellow man.

1) Most modern religions preach moral perfection and have a code that people should follow. That would include Islam.

2) Every single one of these religions don't preach compassion for sinners as it's cornerstone. Christianity seems to do that which is why I think Christianity (when preached right) has a positive affect on individuals.

3) I'm not religious. It is just something I've noticed sometimes when people become forgiving and compassionate towards people who have done wrong. They just become nicer and less angry towards their fellow man.
because being raised as a christ stain you know nothing about anything else , only what has been drilled into your head

Well it certainly has more of a positive effect than some of the religions in the middle east:flameth:

because being raised as a christ stain you know nothing about anything else , only what has been drilled into your head
It was more important during Medieval times when the Huns and the Vikings were invading.

Christianization calmed the world.

It's relative.
Compared to the other Abrahamic religions, basic Christianity has less negativity, i agree.
However, one needs not be religious to exercise one's natural empathy and prosocial behavior.

Forum List

Back