I generally don't support education

racialreality9

Aug 8, 2016
The reason is, I would be considered a highly educated person, yet it didn't get me anywhere.

In America now, what counts is how stupid you are and how loudly you can say something. We value celebrity entertainers, athletes, salesman.

So, in general, I no longer even think about education as worthwhile. We are a fake society, might as well embrace the fakeness.

The values that my parents and teachers should have taught me: how to sell myself. Get yourself out there and just sell a BS story. You will be ten times more successful than the dutiful people who have their heads in the books.

The reason is, I would be considered a highly educated person, yet it didn't get me anywhere.

In America now, what counts is how stupid you are and how loudly you can say something. We value celebrity entertainers, athletes, salesman.

So, in general, I no longer even think about education as worthwhile. We are a fake society, might as well embrace the fakeness.

The values that my parents and teachers should have taught me: how to sell myself. Get yourself out there and just sell a BS story. You will be ten times more successful than the dutiful people who have their heads in the books.
It's not the education that matters, it's the application........ Obviously you missed that.......

Right but that's my point...the "application" is all marketing, bullcrap, and sales.

America is just a giant commercial cesspool. Sell as much as you can to whoever you can. As such, education is worthless. What they should be teaching all kids is, "this is how to show off, and this is how to sell stuff to other people".

You are cherry picking a handful of outliers like celebrities actors musicians pro sports athletes etc. The vast majority of American workers are either doing labor, management or operational types of positions. True that we are losing manufacturing to overseas companies and the American Labor force is trending to be more service-based. Education makes a big difference. For labors it's the difference between a general labor or a specialized labor. Education helps to send people into management positions faster, receive higher compensation, and helps develop discipline, Relationships, and skills that are helpful for product development, business start ups, innovation and growth. Obviously education is not necessary to accomplish anything. You will find examples of successful people who did not receive a formal education everywhere, However if we are talking about the vast majority of workers in America, education is the key to development an opportunity.

Right but that's my point...the "application" is all marketing, bullcrap, and sales.

America is just a giant commercial cesspool. Sell as much as you can to whoever you can. As such, education is worthless. What they should be teaching all kids is, "this is how to show off, and this is how to sell stuff to other people".

It's called business school. MBA's will take you far in life. You're also judging an education solely based on how much money the person makes after school.

I partially agree with you, I've seen some pretty dumb people do pretty well for themselves with just personality and salesmanship. Most people will still do better over their lifetime starting with a college degree. But the world is competitive there is still some "marketing you have to do. Nowadays there is more of an emphasis on social skills, team building, communication etc.

Wow, the OP was apparently eager to shout about what a loser he is. That was shameless.

Forum List

Back