I Fully Agree That Wayne LaPierre Is A Smarmy Asshole...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
and that the the NRA, of which I'm a long-time member, is incredibly stupid to have allowed this tone-deaf jerk to speak on behalf of gun rights...

that said, the right of lawful citizens to own the latest developments in small-arms technology is immutable...

the writings of the Framers leaves no question about the intent of the Second Amendment...

and anyone who denies it is simply burying their head in the sand...

Last edited:
I am neither an NRA member nor a Wayne LaPierre supporter, but what did he say or do to earn your disdain? Please be specific.

and that the the NRA, of which I'm a long-time member, is incredibly stupid to have allowed this tone-deaf jerk to speak on behalf of gun rights...

that said, the right of lawful citizens to own the latest developments in small-arms technology is immutable...

the writings of the Framers leaves no question about the intent of the Second Amendment...

Great argument. What are you in the 3rd grade nosepicker?

I am neither an NRA member nor a Wayne LaPierre supporter, but what did he say or do to earn your disdain? Please be specific.

ah... a person who's genuinely interested in the truth...

very admirable...

I'll have to give you a lick and a promise, as I need to sign off for the time being...

but I will be back later to address your question...

Great argument. What are you in the 3rd grade nosepicker?

my avie is targeted towards small-minded simpletons...

notice which finger is up the nose... :)

1/11/2013

NRA/Firearm$ Indu$try;
Financial Tie$

"Throughout its 142-year history, the National Rifle Association has portrayed itself as an advocate for the individual gun owner’s Second Amendment rights. In turn, the NRA relied on those gun owners, especially its 4 million or so members, to pressure lawmakers into carrying out its anti-gun control agenda.

In the last two decades, however, the deep-pocketed NRA has increasingly relied on the support of another constituency: the $12-billion-a-year gun industry, made up of manufacturers and sellers of firearms, ammunition and related wares. That alliance was sealed in 2005, when Congress, after heavy NRA lobbying, approved a measure that gave gunmakers and gun distributors broad, and unprecedented, immunity from a wave of liability lawsuits related to gun violence in America’s cities.

It was a turning point for both the NRA and the industry, both of which recognized the mutual benefits of a partnership. That same year, the NRA also launched a lucrative new fundraising drive to secure “corporate partners” that’s raked in millions from the gun industry to boost its operations."

ny-daily-news-cover-lapierre.jpg

I don't know about the OP but I can tell you why I absolutely can't stand the guy and think that he should be removed from his position immediately.

The speech he gave after the sandy hook tragedy was bullshit. Instead of focusing on the facts which are hugely on the side of gun advocates and the fact that this is one of our basic protected rights, he went on a blame fest attempting to point the finger at anything but guns. He squandered an extremely valuable opportunity to actually make this conversation real and constructive opting, instead, to try and find another scapegoat in the medias portrayal of violence and video games. Both have essentially nothing to do with anything. Further, he makes an asinine suggestion like putting armed people in every school that I personally believe would not have stopped this instance but rather would have simply changed the venue (like shooting up a school bus stop rather than a classroom).

The thing is that he has made himself no different than the reactionary gun grabbers by trying to blame another patsy like video games. He is part of the exact same problem and is making thing worse, not better.

I'm also an endowment/life NRA member and I also am not a big Wayne fan. The reasons for this include:
  • His suggestions that the Feds should put armed guards in schools. While that many be a fine idea for some schools, it's a local/state issue, not the federal governments;
  • His blame of violence on movies and games. I will not attack the first amendment to defend the second; and
  • His continued reluctance to talk about the REAL reason for the 2nd amendment, which ain't about duck hunting.

That said, I still appreciate the NRA's efforts, I just wish they had a better leader/spokesperson. I'm a much bigger fan of the 2nd Amendment foundation:
Second Amendment Foundation Online

and, the JPFO, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership:
Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

What is wrong with LaPierre? I don't agree that teachers and principles should be responsible for armed security, but most of what he has said publically makes perfect sense.

Forum List

Back