I found this shocking. Why do so many Jews in Israel wish to leave?

I find the whole premise of this thread shockingly false. Based, again, upon a fringe element and not at all representing majority opines.
Which premise, Teddy, please be specific. They studied this and simply exposed the fact that: A whopping 27% of the Jewish population of Israel would leave the country if they could...

The "Jewish press" reported this. Are they some fringe element? And why can't these poor people leave? That might be the scariest part and the article wasn't clear there.

Isn't it obvious, they live in a neighborhood that has neighbors who have called for their destruction...tough place to raise a family
I get that part and we see this posted over and over. The question this raises is why would anyone in their right mind wish to move there to begin with. Bring children there? Raise children there?
knowing a situation is far different from experiencing it.

Abi, let me give a mathematics lesson. 27% is not a majority, get it? Your premise is to say that 27% is a majority.

Example. There were many in the USA that stated they would leave if Trump got elected. Didn't happen.

But to further, what I really find shocking (actually not) is the plethora of threads that still demonize one side or the other and the lack of threads that propose some sort of solution.

What is your solution to the situation?

Abi, let me give a mathematics lesson. 27% is not a majority, get it? Your premise is to say that 27% is a majority.
I never said that or came close to that. Thank-you for your honesty. <shaking head>

I know lots of people who live there and they would never move to America.
It's God's land and it's being built up like crazy.

knowing a situation is far different from experiencing it.
Yeah, I can understand that. My heart truly goes out to those who came to Israel with all their dreams and now cannot even leave. And the world thinks it's just the Palestinians who can't leave. :frown:

You think they made it up and the Hungarian Rabbis never wrote that document?
I can find no evidence whatsoever that this document exists in historical searches. The ONLY links available on the internet are from a single NK source. That definitely raises my suspicions about the veracity of this claim.

I am sure you are mistaken. You may have found a Rabbi with the same name.
Except, oddly enough, every link for PAGES on any search I've done only comes up with the same person. There doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of people with this same name on any readily available search criteria. So it appears that we are indeed discussing a unique person, who died in 1845.

And I did not realize that calling "bullshit" at Rabbis who expose the falsehood of your narrative settles this issue. Let's just agree that neither you, nor the zionist regime, nor Isreal's leaders today, can speak for "the Jewish people."
I am not at all certain that it does settle the issue. It does, however, cast a very broad and very black shadow over your claims. So far, it looks like bullshit, it smells like bullshit, it flings like bullshit. So it you are trying to convince me that its diamonds and not bullshit, you will have to do more work.

Then please re-read the first sentence of the OP of this thread that you wrote. It is right there you make the 27% claim. Thanks for your dishonesty.
With all due respect, you claimed that I claimed that 27% was a majority. I never did that, it was you who made that up. While 27% is a significant percentage, I never claimed it was more than 1/2.

And now you call me dishonest? Please, sir, I am not some kid you can just lie about and push around. I am here for academic purposes and sadly, I might be in the wrong place. I might have to try this in "the clean debate zone" as this forum is off the wall with trolling, derailing, deflections and other nonsense.

OK, you are right. I made an assumption based on yours and other anti-israel folks bias. And then I did put words in your 'mouth'. Forgive me.

Lol one article states that young Jews are thinking of emigrating from Israel and the antisemites rejoice thinking Israel is folding. Doesn’t matter the Jewish population is growing and that more Jews are immigrating then emigrating.

Lol about 100 surveyed speak for 10 mil. These surveys are so inaccurate it is comedical that anyone would put stock into them.

Word to stupid. Many people often fantasize about living in a different country and that is a good not bad think.

Here is what you need to know. Israel has the ONLY first world industrialized economy in the Middle East and Africa. They are a world leader in science, banking, Military hardware, computer chips, computer software and hardware, diamond cutting, military weaponry, water conservation etc.

They have a vibrant and growing middle class with one of the highest income per capita in the the world.

They have booming tourism and a great education system.

They are a stable and YES safe country. You hear about the terrorism, which has been quelled in the last decade (yep walls do help), but homicide, violent crimes and rape are very low in Israel.

An antisemite trend fail!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

A whopping 27% of the Jewish population of Israel would leave the country if they could, according to a survey conducted for Masa Israeli – Israeli Roots Odyssey on the eve of its fourth conference to be held at the Knesset Monday.

The highest rate of those who wish to leave was among secular Jews, where 36% said they would have left.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/israel/survey-36-of-secular-jews-want-to-leave-israel/2017/03/20/

Over and over we see Israel's posters tell us about "the Jewish people," and their "rights to self-determination," especially in "their ancestral homeland," but from the looks of things, the Jewish people do NOT see this as a settled matter.

Most Jews have still not yet moved to Israel and over a quarter of the ones who have, wish to leave. But, they cannot?

Furthermore, not only is there a large segment of Jews who today are anti-Zionist, but from the beginning, prominent Jews, both religious and secular, opposed the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and even warned everyone that was willing to listen.

Does anyone wish to share any insight on this? Thanks in advance.

what never gets reported by the western media is there are citizens in Israel who want reform the corrupt ways of their government and many go to jail if they protest against them. you venture outside to other countries not controlled by the western media,they hear about this,its just here i america and close by where we never hear the truth about this issue.

A whopping 27% of the Jewish population of Israel would leave the country if they could, according to a survey conducted for Masa Israeli – Israeli Roots Odyssey on the eve of its fourth conference to be held at the Knesset Monday.

The highest rate of those who wish to leave was among secular Jews, where 36% said they would have left.

Survey: 36% of Secular Jews Want to Leave Israel

Over and over we see Israel's posters tell us about "the Jewish people," and their "rights to self-determination," especially in "their ancestral homeland," but from the looks of things, the Jewish people do NOT see this as a settled matter.

Most Jews have still not yet moved to Israel and over a quarter of the ones who have, wish to leave. But, they cannot?

Furthermore, not only is there a large segment of Jews who today are anti-Zionist, but from the beginning, prominent Jews, both religious and secular, opposed the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and even warned everyone that was willing to listen.

what never gets reported by the western media is there are citizens in Israel who want reform the corrupt ways of their government and many go to jail if they protest against them. you venture outside to other countries not controlled by the western media,they hear about this,its just here i america and close by where we never hear the truth about this issue.

Your conspiracy theories are funny.

we indeed live in a facist dictatership here in america and are not a free country with free speech in the least. what many sheep in ameica are not aware of is the proof how our government is here to serve the interests of Israel instead of the people. this is going on INSIDE our own country where the goverrnment is arresting people opposed to zionism, It not only goes on in Israel all the time but happens here in AMERICA as well.

The War on Free Speech Escalates: The American Arrest of Press TV Anchor Marzieh Hashemi

facist dictatership

Oppressed by taters?

HitlerHead.jpg

Survey: 36% of Secular Jews Want to Leave Israel

Nice try! Many Jews especially in Europe are migrating to Israel. Want a reason? Hint; That Anti Semetic Parade endorsed in Belgium by the International Community and the Mayor in the town it was held should give you a clue.

I met one guy, I guess he did like to travel but I think he didn't really live there anymore except for occasional trips.

He said it's not dangerous in Israel when I asked him about it. I'm pretty sure he wasn't from Jerusalem.

On the contrary, you are making assumptions about the meaning of a simple poll question in an attempt to somehow discredit the idea of self-determination for the Jewish people.
Not true, and if you would simply offer answers to the questions, as opposed to skipping over them and proclaiming ignorance, I would really appreciate it.

To be clear for you, let me reiterate.

The Jewish people do NOT see this as a settled matter. Fair?

Most Jews have still not yet moved to Israel and over a quarter of the ones who have, wish to leave. But, they cannot? Why can't they leave and how telling is this simple statistic?

Furthermore, not only is there a large segment of Jews who today are anti-Zionist, but from the beginning, prominent Jews, both religious and secular, opposed the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and even warned everyone that was willing to listen. Those are facts, correct?

You and Tinmore should really get together; the ignorance is astounding. The “ Religious Jews” as you call them opposed a Jewish Homeland until the coming of the Messiah. It had nothing to do with their ancestral roots. There might be some secular Jews who didn’t care but that’s not true for the majority
You are inferring that a large number of Jews who are not “ religious “ actually oppose the idea of a Jewish State; they prefer to live in a Palestinian State. Another lie .

Forum List

Back