I Found It!

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Screen-Shot-2015-10-02-at-09.10.30-660x330.png

‘The most exciting sport you have never heard of!’

60 Minutes Sports put together a feature on hurling which was broadcast right across the United States last week. In a comprehensive clip, it profiled the sport in an introductory manner, from the top level in Croke Park right down to grass-roots.

Top stars of the game were profiled, from Henry Shefflin and Michael Rice to Zane Keenan. It highlighted the difference to top American sports, and emphasised the amateur lifestyle of the players.

All in all, it was a well put together piece. But enough from us, have a look for yourself.

Video: The Full Hurling Feature On 60 Minute Sports

Video: The Full Hurling Feature On 60 Minute Sports

They've got to change the name for it to have any chance in America. They simply can't keep calling it the same as the after-effects of a bad night out on the town.

Exciting, yes. But this is even more exciting and unless you're a real petrol head just as unknown...

Documentary on One
Seamus Darby and the Goal That Made Champions

Séamus Darby was the Offaly hero who scored a late goal in the All Ireland football final of 1982 depriving Kerry of their historic 5-in-a-row. He tells the story of how one of the most famous goals in GAA history impacted on his life.

Podcast
RTÉ Radio 1: Documentary on One

Screen-Shot-2015-06-09-at-5.05.31-PM.png

The University of Montana Grizzlies hosted the Gaelic Hurling championships this year in Missoula, Montana — 1000 miles away, tucked in some part of the country I’ve never been to. For the 11 of us on the nationals squad, that translated to limitless hours in cramped vans with gear, some scenery (though irritation overcame us and we soon didn’t care) and gas money — my savings account is dedicated to ramen and quesadillas, not gas.

Highway to hurling | The Daily Californian

• sports.jpg
    • Pulling the Strings: My Autobiography by Peter Stringer
    • Punching Above Their Weight by Sean McGoldrick
    • The Autobiography by Henry Shefflin
    • The Last Line: My Autobiography by Packie Bonner
    • The White Heat: My Autobiography by Tomás Ó’Sé
    • Until Victory Always: A Memoir by Jim McGuinness

You can vote for the winner here.

http://www.irishbookawards.ie/vote2015

Rivalries put to the side for night of GAA glamour and awards

page3_gaa.jpg

From early evening, inter-county stars from the four corners of the country descended on the Dublin Convention Centre – flanked by their other halves, mentors and loved ones – for the GAA’s GPA All-Stars award ceremony.

And as they swapped their kits for tuxes, it was also their partners turn to swap the draughty sideline for the luxurious surroundings of the black tie event in the capital.

Rivalries put to the side for night of GAA glamour and awards - Independent.ie

HelpOurClub.ie, bringing supporters home!

One of the easiest ways to stay in touch is to sign up for your local Clubs Newsletter.

Supporting Moneygall GAA
.... has never been easier!
Fundraising Draw Results Newsletter

There was NO winner of this weeks Lotto jackpot for €5300 November 10th. 6 Lucky Dip winners of €30 each:

- Dan Greed, Summerhill

- Margaret Ryan, Annameadle

- Majella Hayes, Moneygall

- Willie Jones, Cullenwaine

- Philip Sutton, Clashagad

- Niamh Greene ( ONLINE)

(A weekly donation is also made to Social Services each week)

Next weeks jackpot will be €5,400 and the draw will take place on TUESDAY night, November 17th in The Dunkerrin Arms.

Thanking you for your support,
Moneygall GAA

Supporting Moneygall GAA
.... has never been easier!

Fundraising Draw Results Newsletter

HelpOurClub.ie - bringing supporters home!

There was NO winner of this weeks Lotto jackpot for €5450 November 17th. 6 Lucky Dip winners of €30 each:

- Sean King, Dunkerrin

- Andy Gleeson, Ballybrack

- Marie Bergin, Moneygall

- Martin Ahern, Moneygall

- Rachel Crowley, Dunkerrin

- Mary Tooher ( ONLINE)

(A weekly donation is also made to Social Services)

Next weeks jackpot will be €5,600 and the draw will take place on TUESDAY night, November 24th in Julia's.

Our minors play their county semi-final v Loughmore on Sat at 2pm in Templemore. Please come along.

Thank You,
Moneygall GAA

Forum List

Back