'I Found Finger In My Chili' Woman Arrested

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
'I Found Finger In My Chili' Woman Arrested

POSTED: 5:07 am EDT April 22, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- The woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili was arrested overnight, San Jose police said.

Anna Ayala was arrested at her Las Vegas home Thursday night, San Jose police spokesman Enrique Garcia said. Garcia said police would not give further details about the arrest until a news conference Friday afternoon.

The bizarre case began when Ayala claimed she found a 1 1/2-inch well-manicured woman's finger on March 22 while eating in a Wendy's in San Jose.

She claimed she was going to sue, but later relented, claiming the publicity was too emotionally taxing.

When police and health officials failed to find any missing digits among the workers involved in the Dublin, Ohio-based restaurant's supply chain, suspicion fell on Ayala, whose story has become a late-night punch line.

Ayala has a litigious history. She has filed claims against several corporations, including a former employer and General Motors, although it's unclear from court records whether she received any money.

She even said she got $30,000 from El Pollo Loco after her 13-year-old daughter got sick at one of the chain's Las Vegas-area restaurants. El Pollo Loco officials say they didn't pay her a dime.

San Jose police investigated a possible connection to Sandy Allman, the owner of several exotic animals who lost her finger in a leopard attack Feb. 23 in Pahrump, Nev., 60 miles west of Las Vegas. A link to that case was quickly discounted.

Earlier Thursday, Wendy's announced it had ended its internal investigation, saying it could find no credible link between the finger and the restaurant chain.

Wendy's International Inc. maintains the finger did not enter the chili in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

Sales have dropped at franchises in Northern California, forcing layoffs and reduced hours, the company said.

Wendy's has hired private investigators, set up a hot line for tips and offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who provides information leading to the finger's original owner.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4405317/detail.html

So basically, Ayala planted this finger? And they don't know where she got it? (Bleh, I need to go drink some Pepto Bismol!)

For it to be well manicured, she had to have planted it.

mom4 said:
So basically, Ayala planted this finger? And they don't know where she got it? (Bleh, I need to go drink some Pepto Bismol!)

Ive heard talk that she had a relative die recently...so i think they might be checking the body eventually.

Im glad to see that this woman is brought to justice. there has to be some law against what she has been doing

Why is it that people think they will get away with these things?

Her Aunt is rolling over in her grave. Use her finger in such a way. Are there laws against defacing a body?

Forum List

Back