I fought against Terrorism

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I fought against Terrorism, no, I fought for Democracy, no, I died for Corporatism....

"After a long exile, Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP are back in Iraq. And on the wings of no-bid contracts - that's right, sweetheart deals like those given Halliburton, KBR, Blackwater. The kind of deals you get only if you have friends in high places. And these war profiteers have friends in very high places.

Let's go back a few years to the 1990's, when private citizen Dick Cheney was running Halliburton, the big energy supplier. That's when he told the oil industry that, "By 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day. So where is the oil going to come from? While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies."

Fast forward to Cheney's first heady days in the White House. The oil industry and other energy conglomerates have been headed backdoor keys to the White House, and their CEO's and lobbyists were trooping in and out for meetings with their old opal, now Vice President Cheney. The meetings are secret, conducted under tight security, but as we reported five years ago, among the documents that turned up from some of those meetings were maps of oil fields in Iraq - and a list of companies who wanted access to them."

Bill Moyers and Michael Winship: It Was Oil, All Along

Oil Giants Get Ready to Return to Iraq
It Was Oil, All Along By Bill Moyers and Michael Winship

First you get all upset because the Iraqis aren't getting any oil production to reduce our costs of the war and the price of gasoline. Now that the Iraqis are getting oil production going, you're screaming that the war was all about oil in the first place. Can you making up your fucking mind?

I fought against Terrorism, no, I fought for Democracy, no, I died for Corporatism....

"After a long exile, Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP are back in Iraq. And on the wings of no-bid contracts - that's right, sweetheart deals like those given Halliburton, KBR, Blackwater. The kind of deals you get only if you have friends in high places. And these war profiteers have friends in very high places.

Let's go back a few years to the 1990's, when private citizen Dick Cheney was running Halliburton, the big energy supplier. That's when he told the oil industry that, "By 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day. So where is the oil going to come from? While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies."

Fast forward to Cheney's first heady days in the White House. The oil industry and other energy conglomerates have been headed backdoor keys to the White House, and their CEO's and lobbyists were trooping in and out for meetings with their old opal, now Vice President Cheney. The meetings are secret, conducted under tight security, but as we reported five years ago, among the documents that turned up from some of those meetings were maps of oil fields in Iraq - and a list of companies who wanted access to them."

Bill Moyers and Michael Winship: It Was Oil, All Along

Oil Giants Get Ready to Return to Iraq
It Was Oil, All Along By Bill Moyers and Michael Winship

how much did those companies make on no bid contracts during the blow job years......

do you know what no bid contracts are and why they exist....do you know how a company qualifies...

how much did those companies make on no bid contracts during the blow job years......

do you know what no bid contracts are and why they exist....do you know how a company qualifies...

Just the usual crock of shit from midcan, complete with partisan renaming of the article via the thread title. Take the oil or don't take the oil, he's going to bitch and twist shit either way.

If you ask me we would be well with in our rights to ask Iraq to give us a deal on Oil to help off set the Costs of the war.

unbelivable, do you people really think like this. the war was america's (or the money men behind the scenes) that begged the world then told the world they were going in on false accusations. iraqi people didn't want you there. and the people behind the war didn't even want to win it, just susstain it. wally

Forum List

Back