I for one am mad as hell now.....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
ss checks are not a part of discretionary spending and are largely unnaffected by govt shut downs. New applications may be delayed but thats the worst of it.

Obama scares the hell out of seniors with flat out lies :eusa_liar: for political gain. He is treating us as poker chips in a high stakes game of poker. The GOP needs to put out a commercial calling him on lies :eusa_liar: of this nature. Educate the public! They hear 2 sides and dont know who to believe and as a result a lot of seniors today are in an unnecessary panic.

That panic trickled down to me today. I had a job scheduled with a retired couple who had saved for quite some time to be able to afford to hire me to remodel 2 bathrooms in their home.
I got a call I didnt want late this afternoon saying because they feared they may not get their checks they were going to have to postpone their job until all the debates are settled and they can be sure they are going to get their checks. They think they are going to have to use their savings that was allotted for my services to survive on.

The LIAR N CHIEF :eusa_liar: doesnt realize the words he uses have an impact on uninformed people. Now those words have completely fucked up my work schedule for the next month and I can only hope I can find another client to replace the one he just STOLE from me because of his blatent lies. :eusa_liar:

PUT OUT A COMMERCIAL WITH THE DAMN TRUTH. :eusa_pray:

This is a fucking riot. Right wingers are pissed that SS checks may not go out on the 3rd.

This is truly the land of confusion.

ss checks are not a part of discretionary spending and are largely unnaffected by govt shut downs. New applications may be delayed but thats the worst of it.

Obama scares the hell out of seniors with flat out lies :eusa_liar: for political gain. He is treating us as poker chips in a high stakes game of poker. The GOP needs to put out a commercial calling him on lies :eusa_liar: of this nature. Educate the public! They hear 2 sides and dont know who to believe and as a result a lot of seniors today are in an unnecessary panic.

That panic trickled down to me today. I had a job scheduled with a retired couple who had saved for quite some time to be able to afford to hire me to remodel 2 bathrooms in their home.
I got a call I didnt want late this afternoon saying because they feared they may not get their checks they were going to have to postpone their job until all the debates are settled and they can be sure they are going to get their checks. They think they are going to have to use their savings that was allotted for my services to survive on.

The LIAR N CHIEF :eusa_liar: doesnt realize the words he uses have an impact on uninformed people. Now those words have completely fucked up my work schedule for the next month and I can only hope I can find another client to replace the one he just STOLE from me because of his blatent lies. :eusa_liar:

I think you're lying, no offense. Ma and Pa Kettle probably haven't watched the evening news yet let alone called you to cancel your services.

Look at how Obama treated the Senior Secured Creditors at Chrysler, he fucked them to hand the UAW part of the company and he's doing the same here.

He'll starve US Seniors to keep funding Liberal Special Interest projects

• Banned

I think you're lying, no offense. Ma and Pa Kettle probably haven't watched the evening news yet let alone called you to cancel your services.

I really dont care what you think as your opinion has 0 impact.

The shear fact that you insinuate that all seniors are stupid and out of touch shows why the left uses them as pawns so frequently.

sad

The shear fact that you insinuate that all seniors are stupid and out of touch shows why the left uses them as pawns so frequently.

sad

I thought you didn't care what I thought?

Fact is, most people on SS get their news from the television. There is no way in hell that one of your customers called you because of something that was mentioned on the internet immediately after it was mentioned.

I may be wrong, but I am convinced that you are a liar and a troll.

And it's even more amusing since idiots like you are the ones that want to dismantle social security and medicare.

sad

I thought you didn't care what I thought?

Fact is, most people on SS get their news from the television. There is no way in hell that one of your customers called you because of something that was mentioned on the internet immediately after it was mentioned.

I may be wrong, but I am convinced that you are a liar and a troll.

And it's even more amusing since idiots like you are the ones that want to dismantle social security and medicare.

Instead of acting like a partisan hack why dont you ask me to prove what I do or what I think instead of announcing my beliefs for me? In fact why dont you find in one of my many posts where I have called for such things......

I wont be waiting though as they dont exist

And dont forget to find a post where I am lying or trolling

Last edited:

Whether spending is discretionary or not is irrelevant. If they don't have the cash, they can't pay. For example, the Treasury may not have enough cash on August 2 to pay out SS checks.

Truth is, nobody knows what will happen.

Obama just went nuclear on American seniors

Raise the debt ceiling.

End of potential crisis.

Yeah, just for get the whole "I just threatened your survival" thingy, he misspoke or was misreported

Obama's already radioactive to Jews and moderates, I guess losing Seniors is just another day at the office for him.

Yeah, I'm sure Seniors will blame Obama. I'm sure they'll blame the party that offered to give up 85% of what they stand for, not the party that gave up 0% for what that they stand for. Just like they blamed him for cutting Medicare in NY-26.

Keep up the good work.

:thup:

Whether spending is discretionary or not is irrelevant. If they don't have the cash, they can't pay. For example, the Treasury may not have enough cash on August 2 to pay out SS checks.

Truth is, nobody knows what will happen.

There is indeed a huge difference between discretionary and mandatory spending. And are you truly so ill informed that you don't realize our govt continues to make and spend money even in a shut down. Your nobody knows statement is the very ignorance that Obama is counting on.

Forum List

Back