I finally managed to get around to the new Star Wars...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I have to say...

meh....

Not impressed by the acting, nor by the storyline. Might have been a bit better if Solo and Rea were related in some way, and that may still be the case.

The only really enjoyable part was when the Vice Admiral (I can't remember the actresses name) took the transport to hyperdrive and cut the destroyer in half. Some serious CGI there. Pretty damn cool.

As for the rest.....A better time could be had boneing Michelle Bachmann

Michele+Bachmann+GOP+Presidential+Candidates+09wX9NgmqNtl.jpg

I have to say...

meh....

Not impressed by the acting, nor by the storyline. Might have been a bit better if Solo and Rea were related in some way, and that may still be the case.

The only really enjoyable part was when the Vice Admiral (I can't remember the actresses name) took the transport to hyperdrive and cut the destroyer in half. Some serious CGI there. Pretty damn cool.

LOL. I was going to agree 'til I got to your last sentence.

I have to say...

meh....

Well, I probably wouldn't bone her.....but you get the gist.....

Ah, who am I kidding? I'd hit that and blame it on a lost weekend kind of thing. lol

It's definitely not the movie I would have made or wanted. That said, it's not all bad. There are some good moments in the film.
It had a few good moments that were emotional hooks.

I have to say, overall, it seemed a bit cheesy and formulaic. Had an "Empire Strikes Back" feel to it.

Abrams is really slipping in the creative department.

I have to say...

meh....

Which new one?

I have to say...

meh....

I have to say...

meh....

Which new one?
The one released last December. The Last Jedi

I have to say...

meh....

Completely agree with you. And what was the deal with Leia getting blown into space and then mysteriously floats back into the ship?

I have to say...

meh....

Completely agree with you. And what was the deal with Leia getting blown into space and then mysteriously floats back into the ship?
yeah, I had problems with that too. Sure, she's a Skywalker, but come on. There hasn't been any hint that any Jedi could do that. Something that significant needs a few setups in previous episodes to make it believable.

It's definitely not the movie I would have made or wanted. That said, it's not all bad. There are some good moments in the film.
It had a few good moments that were emotional hooks.

I have to say, overall, it seemed a bit cheesy and formulaic. Had an "Empire Strikes Back" feel to it.

Abrams is really slipping in the creative department.

Supposedly, Rian Johnson ignored what Abrams had outlined for episode 8, but then I heard somewhere that Abrams approved of Johnson's script. Who knows what the real story is. All I know is that my interest in Episode 9 is probably going to be pretty low.

I have to say...

meh....

Dear Darkwind
I liked the Force Awakens better.
This one, even the humor fell flat.

I didn't believe Luke Skywalker at all (he's been aptly compared to
an old bitter liberal raging in defeat, vs. when he was younger and an idealistic liberal who believed a single person can save the universe)
but I did believe the Ben Solo bad guy reaching out to Rey and
appealing to her to join him. Heck, I would have gone along
with him and blamed THAT on a weekend lost to lapse in judgment....

PS if you really want to get into Michelle Bachmann's head or pants,
do research on spiritual healing and the impact on affording medical care for everyone. You might get on her good side by enacting national policy that backs up everything she argued for that got rejected instead of researched

I have to say...

meh....

Dear Darkwind

an old bitter liberal raging in defeat, vs. when he was younger and an idealistic liberal who believed a single person can save the universe)

do research on spiritual healing and the impact on affording medical care for everyone. You might get on her good side by enacting national policy that backs up everything she argued for that got rejected instead of researched

I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! With a grin and chuckling. Well played!

As for gettting into Bachmann's head or pants.....well, if it can't be a wild and lost weekend, then it isn't meant to be. I'm not really into putting that much effort into her.

Now, if you were to say, Karen Gillian.....I think I'd have to agree...

j_vt7k0oZ.jpg

I have to say...

meh....

Well, I probably wouldn't bone her.....but you get the gist.....

Ah, who am I kidding? I'd hit that and blame it on a lost weekend kind of thing. lol
Agree on the movie and on nailing Bachman.

I have to say...

meh....

Dear Darkwind

As for gettting into Bachmann's head or pants.....well, if it can't be a wild and lost weekend, then it isn't meant to be. I'm not really into putting that much effort into her.

j_vt7k0oZ.jpg

Okay Darkwind
Let's look into this. If I can help you get into Karen Gillian's head,
let's push a script where I can go after John Cusack. ha ha.

No seriously if she's into romantic comedy, I have a hot cute story where you can play Mr. casting couch and audition any babe you want for the lead.

You'd have to give me more background on Ms Gillian. I looked on wikipedia
and all I found is she donated to breast cancer, stars in rom com and some sci fi fantasy roles?, and her family is Catholic. What is she really into, what moves her? What does she want?

If we go for serious Catholic drama, I wrote a short story about a Catholic nun who overthrows the prison system by striking against the death penalty on religious grounds. The ensuing riot burns down the prison and the church negotiates a settlement with the govt to set up a life row school on the border as trial pilot program. But the rumors are that the whole thing was a scandal and coverup to hide the fact the rebels went underground and didn't really die in the fire. The govt covered up to save face, and a future inmate in the ministry program leaks the truth and threatens to shut down the school.

Do you really want to go for this? I'd like to pick John Cusack's brain. And see if he'd direct act or coproduce such a radical movie and reality tv series based on real life prison stories and inmates enrolled in a school for producing their work as community outreach and restitution for crimes. Instead of the death penalty.

As for the romantic comedy script, the idea is a woman producer can't get taken seriously so she poses as a man to get better scripts. And a man who writes feminist erotica can't get produced so he submits a script as a woman. The two meet and produce an erotic art film and fall in love, as best friends who decide they want to try for more. total chick flick.

Pick a script, let's hit on some people!
I can post to you the short story both scripts would be based on.

I help you, you help me. See how far we could get with this "twisted plot"

For link to the erotic script that the producer/writer create an art film out of:
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
I guess I'd call the movie Casting Couch

For the short story version of Seventeen Saints:
Seventeen Saints
I'd like to make a short film, and a TV series based on this premise.
and maybe have a long conversation with John Cusack
and other liberals in Hollywood over how to use media to enact mass reforms...

Last edited:
Might have been a bit better if Solo and Rea [sic] were related in some way, and that may still be the case.

I'm convinced that Rey must be a descendant of Anakin Skywalker. After all, Anakin was the kid whose “midi-chlorian count was off the scale”, and whose known descendants all turn out to be exceptionally powerful in The Force. How could Rey, without any previous training or experience, have suddenly been able to defeat Anakin's grandson when he tried to get into her head, getting herself instead into his head, if she didn't have the same heritage? How else could she have so soon afterward, again with no experience or training, mastered the “Jedi Mind Trick”—against James Bond no less—to get him to release her and drop his weapon?

I didn't believe Luke Skywalker at all (he's been aptly compared to an old bitter liberal raging in defeat, vs. when he was younger and an idealistic liberal who believed a single person can save the universe)

I believed it. In fact, I went into the movie expecting him to be in a much worse state than he turned out to be. We know, from The Force Awakens, that he was devastated when his nephew turned evil. He walked away and vanished. When Rey found him, at the end of that movie, he was standing in front of what appeared to be a grave. I was convinced, at the end of The Force Awakens, that the next movie would reveal that Rey was his daughter, that in the bad emotional state he was in, that he abandoned her on Jakku, and took his wife (Rey's mother) to go find the Jedi Temple; that his wife died there, and that was her grave. I fully expected the next movie to show him in a very dark state, not having yet fallen to The Dark Side, but struggling to avoid doing so, and on the verge of failing.

I expected that it would be Rey's role to redeem him, the way he had redeemed his father before him.

The way Luke did play out wasn't along the narrative of which I had convinced myself, but still, it was no surprise to me to find him so dark and bitter. It was a surprise to learn about what had happened between him and Ben Solo. Not at all what I would have expected.

but I did believe the Ben Solo bad guy reaching out to Rey and appealing to her to join him.

For a bit, I though that Rey had drawn him back to the Light Side. But no, still dark; just didn't want to keep working for Gollum. Still, he's an interesting character. I normally cannot relate well to a villain that chooses evil for its own sake. I perceive myself as one who is basically good, who prefers good over evil, but is subject to such forces as greed, lust, anger, and other motives that can tempt me toward evil. I find it difficult to imagine anyone being otherwise. I see this as the normal human condition As depicted in The Force Awakens, Kylo Ren is a mirror image of this—one who wants to be evil, but is troubled by temptations toward good.

I have to say...

meh....

Dear Darkwind

j_vt7k0oZ.jpg

Okay Darkwind
Let's look into this. If I can help you get into Karen Gillian's head,
let's push a script where I can go after John Cusack. ha ha.

No seriously if she's into romantic comedy, I have a hot cute story where you can play Mr. casting couch and audition any babe you want for the lead.

You'd have to give me more background on Ms Gillian. I looked on wikipedia
and all I found is she donated to breast cancer, stars in rom com and some sci fi fantasy roles?, and her family is Catholic. What is she really into, what moves her? What does she want?

If we go for serious Catholic drama, I wrote a short story about a Catholic nun who overthrows the prison system by striking against the death penalty on religious grounds. The ensuing riot burns down the prison and the church negotiates a settlement with the govt to set up a life row school on the border as trial pilot program. But the rumors are that the whole thing was a scandal and coverup to hide the fact the rebels went underground and didn't really die in the fire. The govt covered up to save face, and a future inmate in the ministry program leaks the truth and threatens to shut down the school.

Do you really want to go for this? I'd like to pick John Cusack's brain. And see if he'd direct act or coproduce such a radical movie and reality tv series based on real life prison stories and inmates enrolled in a school for producing their work as community outreach and restitution for crimes. Instead of the death penalty.

As for the romantic comedy script, the idea is a woman producer can't get taken seriously so she poses as a man to get better scripts. And a man who writes feminist erotica can't get produced so he submits a script as a woman. The two meet and produce an erotic art film and fall in love, as best friends who decide they want to try for more. total chick flick.

Pick a script, let's hit on some people!
I can post to you the short story both scripts would be based on.

I help you, you help me. See how far we could get with this "twisted plot"

For link to the erotic script that the producer/writer create an art film out of:
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
I guess I'd call the movie Casting Couch

For the short story version of Seventeen Saints:
Seventeen Saints
I'd like to make a short film, and a TV series based on this premise.
and maybe have a long conversation with John Cusack
and other liberals in Hollywood over how to use media to enact mass reforms...
Hmm...well, at 30, she is still young enough to pull oft a college nerd. She's very tall for a woman, 5'11"; and skinny as all get out. I don't think she'd have much of a problem playing an awkward nerdy type and since she seems to tend toward fantasy movies genres (Avengers, Dr. Who) then I think that a coming of age love story with a fantasy/magical component would be really good. Since she was born in Inverness, Scotland, and that is where Nessy hails from (Nessy being the Loch Ness Monster), then an adventure into the ancient lore and magical powers of the Celtic culture would be right up her skill set. The key would be having a compelling protagonist who is along the lines of a Peter Bishop in intelligence, but with a bit more of a bad boy/ Man of Mystery / International kind of things about him.

Might have been a bit better if Solo and Rea [sic] were related in some way, and that may still be the case.

I'm convinced that Rey must be a descendant of Anakin Skywalker. After all, Anakin was the kid whose “midi-chlorian count was off the scale”, and whose known descendants all turn out to be exceptionally powerful in The Force. How could Rey, without any previous training or experience, have suddenly been able to defeat Anakin's grandson when he tried to get into her head, getting herself instead into his head, if she didn't have the same heritage? How else could she have so soon afterward, again with no experience or training, mastered the “Jedi Mind Trick”—against James Bond no less—to get him to release her and drop his weapon?

I didn't believe Luke Skywalker at all (he's been aptly compared to an old bitter liberal raging in defeat, vs. when he was younger and an idealistic liberal who believed a single person can save the universe)

I believed it. In fact, I went into the movie expecting him to be in a much worse state than he turned out to be. We know, from The Force Awakens, that he was devastated when his nephew turned evil. He walked away and vanished. When Rey found him, at the end of that movie, he was standing in front of what appeared to be a grave. I was convinced, at the end of The Force Awakens, that the next movie would reveal that Rey was his daughter, that in the bad emotional state he was in, that he abandoned her on Jakku, and took his wife (Rey's mother) to go find the Jedi Temple; that his wife died there, and that was her grave. I fully expected the next movie to show him in a very dark state, not having yet fallen to The Dark Side, but struggling to avoid doing so, and on the verge of failing.

I expected that it would be Rey's role to redeem him, the way he had redeemed his father before him.

The way Luke did play out wasn't along the narrative of which I had convinced myself, but still, it was no surprise to me to find him so dark and bitter. It was a surprise to learn about what had happened between him and Ben Solo. Not at all what I would have expected.

but I did believe the Ben Solo bad guy reaching out to Rey and appealing to her to join him.

For a bit, I though that Rey had drawn him back to the Light Side. But no, still dark; just didn't want to keep working for Gollum. Still, he's an interesting character. I normally cannot relate well to a villain that chooses evil for its own sake. I perceive myself as one who is basically good, who prefers good over evil, but is subject to such forces as greed, lust, anger, and other motives that can tempt me toward evil. I find it difficult to imagine anyone being otherwise. I see this as the normal human condition As depicted in The Force Awakens, Kylo Ren is a mirror image of this—one who wants to be evil, but is troubled by temptations toward good.
I think that those were directed toward emilynghiem ?

Disney absolutely destroyed the Star Wars brand. The movie was an abortion, as was the previous episode. Although, the Rogue One spin-off was well done.

Forum List

Back