I finally made it!

My daughter's one of them. She took the scissors into the bathroom and gave herself and her brother haircuts.

His hair was so short it just looks like somebody shaved (badly) the top of his head.

She has bangs and side thingies now.

80's nothing. Yesterday I saw a lady in a pony tail, poodle skirt, and ankle chain. Either she was headed for a costume party or we're about to be innundated by a 50's invasion.

Just joined, but looking forward to talking here more often.

If you Google Politics eZine you'll find our website with lots of info and opinions on a variety of political subjects.

I'm new here, from the land of ummmmm. Hoping for discussion among serious adult-type people rather than mindless partisan talking points. Problem is, one party has lost touch with rationality in the last few years IMO, and I don't know how to simultaneously respect all views, as if all are equally valid, yet maintain any semblance of reality-based respectful discussion. I have no answer here, just cruising sites to see if anyone else does and, if so, to have honest discussions among people who want to make America better through means other than overthrowing our government. Within those parameters, I'm all ears.

I'm new here, from the land of ummmmm. Hoping for discussion among serious adult-type people rather than mindless partisan talking points. Problem is, one party has lost touch with rationality in the last few years IMO, and I don't know how to simultaneously respect all views, as if all are equally valid, yet maintain any semblance of reality-based respectful discussion. I have no answer here, just cruising sites to see if anyone else does and, if so, to have honest discussions among people who want to make America better through means other than overthrowing our government. Within those parameters, I'm all ears.
Howdy Doody!

Everyone here wants to overthrow the government and we will! It's called---election!

Howdy Doody!

Everyone here wants to overthrow the government and we will! It's called---election!
Thanks for the howdy, hossfly. That kind of overthrow, where voters pick a different leader, I am absolutely all for. Doesn't matter if I agree with their choice, the process is correct. The other kind of overthrow, where someone loses but tries to block the winner and keep the loser in power, is where I oppose "overthrow". This is not about whose supporters are most violent and can lie the most, it is about the person voters actually chose.

The other kind of overthrow, where someone loses but tries to block the winner and keep the loser in power, is where I oppose "overthrow".
This is why it's an election..if it is done fairly with no cheating, hiding of ballots, dead people voting, etc. Until a better method of voting is discovered or utilized...this will continue to happen.

This is why it's an election..if it is done fairly with no cheating, hiding of ballots, dead people voting, etc. Until a better method of voting is discovered or utilized...this will continue to happen.
Thanks, my only caveat would be that outside of random "elections" with a dozen or so voters, no nation has ever had an election with NO misconduct etc. The question is not whether every one of the 210 million or so votes was perfectly counted -- no society, private business, or whatever could ever meet that ludicrously demanding test. It is whether the inevitable errors were statistically insignificant, vs. being both statistically significant and biased in a single direction that changed the outcome. This question is not addressed by having partisan groups do partisan "recounts." Dozens of judges, election officials (including R election officials), and so forth all have said that did not happen. Those who refuse to believe it seem to be just pounding on the foundations of democracy indefinitely hoping someone (anyone) will eventually tell them the pre-determined conclusion they demand to hear.

Thanks, my only caveat would be that outside of random "elections" with a dozen or so voters, no nation has ever had an election with NO misconduct etc. The question is not whether every one of the 210 million or so votes was perfectly counted -- no society, private business, or whatever could ever meet that ludicrously demanding test. It is whether the inevitable errors were statistically insignificant, vs. being both statistically significant and biased in a single direction that changed the outcome. This question is not addressed by having partisan groups do partisan "recounts." Dozens of judges, election officials (including R election officials), and so forth all have said that did not happen. Those who refuse to believe it seem to be just pounding on the foundations of democracy indefinitely hoping someone (anyone) will eventually tell them the pre-determined conclusion they demand to hear.
There is NO WAY..and I mean NO WAY, 210 million people voted for a man with dementia. No way. And judges, courts, election officials can all be bribed. Happens every day. NO WAY are americans THAT crazy to vote in someone that is lost in his head. Nope. And nothing..NOTHING will ever change my mind about that.

There is NO WAY..and I mean NO WAY, 210 million people voted for a man with dementia. No way. And judges, courts, election officials can all be bribed. Happens every day. NO WAY are americans THAT crazy to vote in someone that is lost in his head. Nope. And nothing..NOTHING will ever change my mind about that.

:clap2: :th_thgoodpost: :113:

Yeah, and no way they swept a lot of Republicans into the House but didn't vote for the head of the ticket, either. Trump was personally more popular than the GOP.

You should start an introduction thread.

A friend of mine told me about this site and I've been trying to join for months! Everytime I tried, my log in either wouldn't let me reply to anything, or I'd get an email saying that my registration didn't meet their requirements!
Thank you to the person who approved me.
Welcome to USMB, Benny. Hope that you enjoy the boards. :thup:

Every one I've ever seen here that hopes for discussions among adult-type people leaves a very confused train wreck. Welcome and just a heads up.

Forum List

Back