I finally Made It home

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
from the state of Californiacation. Gas was $4.45/gal when I left. I hate airplanes, PM me and I'll tell ya which one never to fly on. It took me thirty hours to accomplish a ten hour journey. I slept in Memphis in my shrug..:lol:
Family is back together and all intact. Brother will live to ride again. He just has to get through cardiac Rehab.

I remember when flying on commercial airplanes was actually fun.

They gave you free cigarettes and free drinks, and free meals, the stews were sexy and pleasant, and nobody molested you unless you wanted them to.

Example? In 1969 I flew one way from Allentown PA (a very minor airport in those days. probably still is) to San Franciso for $89.

Today's cheap one-way from ABE to SF is showing up at about $500.

And I'm guessing that they're not going to give you macadamea nuts or free drinks on that flight.

Last edited:
from the state of Californiacation. Gas was $4.45/gal when I left. I hate airplanes, PM me and I'll tell ya which one never to fly on. It took me thirty hours to accomplish a ten hour journey. I slept in Memphis in my shrug..:lol:
Family is back together and all intact. Brother will live to ride again. He just has to get through cardiac Rehab.

Glad to hear your brother is going to be OK Willow! That's good news!

Indeed. Excellent News!

But all of Kalleefornya is not bad. ;)

Forum List

Back